I want my money back! This game lags like hell!

By on April 19, 2009 4:19:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

appleartem

Join Date 04/2009
+3

Вообще нет желания напрягаться и писать тут на английском, но так как тут все тупо сделано, через силу сделаю это!!!

Game is very lag when try to play by internet, its lag on fist enter to choise the free game!!! lag like hell! idle sometimes more than 30 sec! Its unbelieveble now 2009 and i have 4mbs internet conections and have this f.... lags!!!

Fix this or give my money back!

Rly i want play in this game! But i cant because this game very very lag!

И почему нет русского форума поддержки! Если жта игра распостраняется официально на русском где русский официальный форум???

Вам что трудно сделать нормальные выделенные серверы под игру? Ведь обычные игроки лагают как черт!

Locked Post 38 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 19, 2009 4:21:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

if u think my PC is bad? U wrong!

April 19, 2009 4:23:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.stardock.com/support/return_policy.aspx

support@stardock.com

April 19, 2009 4:28:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Multiplayer lag is likely caused by your connection to other players. Even if you have a good connection, the game's latency is still going to depend on the connection of other players in the match. Hopefully the matchmaking system will be improved to consider the location of players.

April 19, 2009 4:29:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Couldn't understand half of that. I don't speak too many languages.

Anyways, what's your ms/latency with other players? Are you getting frame rate lag or connection issues? If you're talking about the game freezing while looking at game rooms, then that's the game auto-refreshing the list. It's an issue that really bugs some people, I'm sure they'll fix it sometime. If you're talking about latency issues then just join games with players under 300ms. Really would help if you described precisely what the problem was, instead of using a broad term like "lag" which can refer to just about anything that's slower than it should be.

April 19, 2009 4:35:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's speaking russian for some reason lols.

The reason you lag is because of connection to peers. Most of Russian internet is pretty bad (4mb of yours is actually pretty good for rRussia) therefore the peers is the main cause of the lag. Try connecting to European hosts with reasonable connections.

April 19, 2009 5:17:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Im getting good connections on EU games from Ireland

April 19, 2009 5:28:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting sheetone,
if u think my PC is bad? U wrong!
Specs?

April 19, 2009 5:31:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
April 19, 2009 5:37:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That second post made me laugh like hell!

Yeah id suggest trying EU servers, specially ones that say east.

April 19, 2009 5:51:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow.

April 19, 2009 5:59:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmmm.....so the improvemt peer 2 peer should bring to the table is that we are able to play with people from over sea's right? but that russian dude can't and you folk's are telling him to play with people form his continent........yeah.....p2p sucks

April 19, 2009 6:07:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ILiekCaek,
He's speaking russian for some reason lols.

The reason you lag is because of connection to peers. Most of Russian internet is pretty bad (4mb of yours is actually pretty good for rRussia) therefore the peers is the main cause of the lag. Try connecting to European hosts with reasonable connections.

lol, u wrong! im not from russia im from ukraine (not same!!! teach geography!!!) and my isp is good with all other games!

April 19, 2009 6:09:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Kitkun,

Quoting sheetone,
reply 1
if u think my PC is bad? U wrong!Specs?

IC2DUO E8400/P45/8800GT512/4GB/Vista 32

April 19, 2009 6:12:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

omg ppl... i dont say any about lags in EU game its almost good pings!!!

stop it!!!

im just say about stupid waiting when u try choise some free game its terroble!!!

im always have high delay with update info about hosts! it make me crazy!

April 19, 2009 7:00:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe its the fact that your trying to connect to people who are thousands of miles away.

April 19, 2009 7:18:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Darkersun,
Maybe its the fact that your trying to connect to people who are thousands of miles away.

no its not...

April 19, 2009 7:29:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think everybody has that delay when the game list is updating. It's really annoying, but hopefully it will be fixed sometime soon. I don't think it has anything to do with computer being good or not, it's just the game. I find playing the game windowed helps, at least I can spend time reading these forums while the game is frozen..

Just have some patience. Also, playing Demigod via Hamachi or Gameranger eliminates this problem.

April 19, 2009 7:36:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting sheetone,

lol, u wrong! im not from russia im from ukraine (not same!!! teach geography!!!) and my isp is good with all other games!

u right!

April 19, 2009 7:39:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting jacklv,

Quoting sheetone, reply 12

u right!

hahaa

April 19, 2009 7:39:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Keemossi,
I think everybody has that delay when the game list is updating. It's really annoying, but hopefully it will be fixed sometime soon. I don't think it has anything to do with computer being good or not, it's just the game. I find playing the game windowed helps, at least I can spend time reading these forums while the game is frozen..

Just have some patience. Also, playing Demigod via Hamachi or Gameranger eliminates this problem.

yea! u right! i can play this game by garena too and i dont need to pay for serial or etc. BUT! i paid for a good reason i thing if i buy it i can play by internet with qualyty, w/o lags or something else... do i have it? NO!

April 19, 2009 7:40:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works fine on both my machines and 4 other's I've played on. It's not like this is effecting 100% of the people who play.

April 19, 2009 7:56:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Teseer, thanks for straightening that up. I really thought it happens for all, but that's just my statistics then. 100% of people who complain about laggy game list actually have.. laggy game list!

Anyway, it's happening a lot.

Sheetone, this is being said all over these forums, and it's somewhat true: multiplayer game releases tend to have problems, and they're usually fixed during first few weeks. It's not like you're only playing for serial, the game itself is good, the net code is just a part of it. Ofc full priced game should be expected to work well, but.. say, give it a week or two, if it's still as bad you're right to complain.

April 19, 2009 7:57:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Keemossi,
Teseer, thanks for straightening that up. I really thought it happens for all, but that's just my statistics then. 100% of people who complain about laggy game list actually have.. laggy game list!

Anyway, it's happening a lot.

Sheetone, this is being said all over these forums, and it's somewhat true: multiplayer game releases tend to have problems, and they're usually fixed during first few weeks. It's not like you're only playing for serial, the game itself is good, the net code is just a part of it. Ofc full priced game should be expected to work well, but.. say, give it a week or two, if it's still as bad you're right to complain.

The point was: Just because you lag doesnt mean it's a problem everyone is having.

April 19, 2009 8:02:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It appears as the original poster is complaining about the time it takes to update the custom gamelist. It takes, according to him, up to 30 seconds for the list to referesh and display the individual games running.

Frankly, I do not see how this is a major issue. 30 seconds is not a big deal and besides, is comparable to online FPS titles. The difference is that these games slowly populate thes list whereas Demigod does it all at once. As mentioned before, 30 seconds is not very long.

To the original poster:

Вы бы попросили помощи на официальном сайте Русского издателя/локализатора, то есть http://www.snowball.ru/demigod/ как вам уже указали. Так же советую говорить о возврате денег с ними же. Здесь Английский форум и ваш Русский понятен не многим.

April 19, 2009 8:04:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually teseer the lag is server side frog and stardock has said it them selves so yes everyone is experienceing the "refresh" or custom game lobby lag if they are on at the time the server hits a clog, it really just depends when u are on, if your arent playing custom games then u arent seeing the lag

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000454   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.