The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ESL opens EU Demigod Page Launch & Opening Cup

By on April 19, 2009 12:27:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/news/84578/DEMIGOD-EU-Page-Launch-Opening-Cup/

Hopefully this will also serve as an encouragement to fix the connectivity issue. So we can play this.

ESL stands for Electronic sports league and it is Europes largest and oldest online league with +2.000.000 registered members, 440,000 teams and 170,000 discharged play games in the month. It is also one of the biggest European leagues for professional computer games and includes a professionally installed and organized games and leagues system with over 1800 leagues for beginners and professionals, as well as some 80 well-known games from each genre.

ESL has opened up a EU Page Launch & Opening Cup for Demigod, so basically it gets its own section on the ESL site where ladders and cups will be hosted. Although it is the European site it doesn't mean Americans can't participate, you just have to take in consideration that the timezone is CET - Central European time.

ESL always starts with giving premium accounts for prizes to see how many players they can get. If the demand for it is high they will futher support it to see how far they can go with the game. After that, a team of moderators is formed by recruit who will manage the section and host cups or leagues with awesome prizes with sponsors like razer, steelseries, intel, AMD and much more, depending on the amount of players they get ofcourse. In other words more players = more future competitions = more prizes too = cash

Cup details:

• 2v2
  • Single Elimination
  • Date: 23.04.2009 20:00CET
  • Settings: Screenshot

This is pretty much what the premium accounts give - http://www.esl.eu/eu/premium/?payclass=premium&country=us

-

To Register
: In order to Register for the cup you are required to register at the site, create a Gameaccount and create a team.

You just have to register on the site. After you register go to "My profile". On the left under "main" you will see "Gameaccounts", click on it. On the next page you will see a table, click on "add".  It will take you to Add Gameaccount page - Type is "Demigod Nickname" and "Value" you fill in your nickname - Just click on "send" after that, no need to fill the rest.

In order to create a team you have to look above where it says "My teams", click on it. On the "My team" page click on "Register Team" and fill in the desired name and your friend just has to join the team and you are ready to register for the 2v2 Cup.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/gettingstarted/
-

ESL is probably one of the best support and thing that can happen for Demigod and they can certainly get an appreciation for it. Also for the game itself it is good so that people know that the gamecan actually get attention.

Surprisingly the Demigod news has been a main news for days on their site. ESL seems to be quite interested in the Demigod as well as they are featuring it as a playable game at their upcoming Intel Friday Night in Tanzbrunnen (Cologne), which mostly features showmatches between top professional gamers.

- One of the community managers bLackhawk is asking for suggestion for future cups such as matchup, maps, modes, and settings - http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/forum/1776/13889/613801/?lastvisit=

- If you are looking for a partner make a post in this thread or on their forums - http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/forum/1776/13889/

http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/news/84578/DEMIGOD-EU-Page-Launch-Opening-Cup/

+2 Karma | 42 Replies
April 20, 2009 2:01:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

April 20, 2009 2:05:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow this is great to hear.  Thanks for the news!

April 20, 2009 2:10:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Has anyone from US played much with EU?  What are the pings like?  I could not now because of the disconnection/kicking and such.

April 20, 2009 2:57:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not a 100% wow, but I guess that is where you'll have to find a host suitable and playable for both. Right now people still have connection issue but simple hamachi or gameranger will solve.

April 20, 2009 2:59:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

exile96, pings between US and EU are good enough to play the game without problems.

April 20, 2009 4:38:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep a stable host will do.

April 21, 2009 4:08:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are 2 more days left for registration so there is still time.

Surprisingly the Demigod news has been a main news for days on their site. ESL seems to be quite interested in the Demigod as well as they are featuring it as a playable game at their upcoming Intel Friday Night in Tanzbrunnen, Cologne ,which mostly features showmatches between top professional gamers.

If Stardock/Gaspoweredgame or who ever is working on the connectivity issue can get it fixed before people lose interested then it would be good to give Demigod a strong push towards comeptitive area. But for now I think showing appreciation towards ESL would be very generous.

Giving these guys support to start their Demigod tournament going is also not bad - http://www.fraggednation.com/forum/topic/Demigod-Request-8590

April 21, 2009 5:49:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everyone sign up - more players = more future competitions = more prizes too = cash

April 21, 2009 6:06:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone interested in joining my team or anyone need a player for a team?

Hit me up with a PM if so.

April 21, 2009 6:09:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but what connection program/tool will be used in the tournament?

April 21, 2009 6:14:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They used Gameranger for the last one, but i think you can use any method as long as you get the game done.

April 21, 2009 6:18:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If anyone is searching a mate for the 2on2 Cup

April 21, 2009 6:25:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can' t play but let us know how it goes

April 21, 2009 6:38:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure :/

April 21, 2009 7:21:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm I'm not sure who I'd play with.

I couldn't remember lord ebonstones name good enough to put him on his firends list, or the overlay is too bad for him to realize i tried to add him.

April 21, 2009 9:55:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ That is a problem with the whole connectivity issue is that people haven't played enough games to make friends online. But it is a start and one of the community managers of ESL are asking suggestions for future cups like the matchups, maps, modes and settings.

April 21, 2009 10:00:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And the friends and overlay doesn't really work as well as steams.

Plus most people close out impulse so you can message em to tell em to come play.

April 21, 2009 10:10:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought I read in another thread ESL is NOT that great of a league?  Am I wrong or?  I planned on signing up, but if it is anything like TWL or such...

April 21, 2009 10:35:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ That is weird because the most prestigues E-sports game leagues in Europe are hosted by them.

April 21, 2009 11:08:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even if the rewards aren't so great for this tourney it still should be fun.

If anyone is looking for a partner still let me know.

April 21, 2009 11:48:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ This is how they usually start by giving premium account for prizes and see how many are interested. They will host more cups in the future to see how demand for the game is. In other words more players = more future competitions = more prizes too = cash

I would just ask around asking for partners on gaming forums you see Demigod.

April 22, 2009 12:26:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The most important thing is not to win but to participate.

April 22, 2009 2:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep you have to start somewhere. 1 more day left.

April 22, 2009 3:29:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blast, it's at a time where I can't play, otherwise I'd participate.  Good luck to everyone!

April 22, 2009 3:38:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Need some more to join this should be a blast

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.