The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Multiplayer problems + Tomato/MLPPP firmware confirmed

By on April 18, 2009 11:04:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Major solution to connectivity problems found: MLPPP. If you use a Linksys router or any other with Tomato/MLPPP firmware to get around P2P throttling from your ISP you will not be able to connect to multiplayer games if MLPPP is turned on. You need to set it to off and reconnect your router. This is an odd problem since ive played dozens of multiplayer games over MLPPP just fine so not sure why it would be a problem but it somehow is for this particular game.

+1 Karma | 2 Replies
April 18, 2009 11:25:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Annekynn,

That could be due in part to the fact that the MLPPP firmware might be emulating similar behaviour to Stardock's NAT-T technology?  This would of course create a -1 +1 = 0 type of scenario where things are actually canceling one another out!  Hence why things work with that option enabled in other games....but not in Demigod?

Just a thought....

the Monk

April 19, 2009 4:49:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure why Stardock would be using NAT-T.  Thats for IPSEC encapsulation and has nothing  to do with p2p or network gaming.  Or is it a buzzword for some in-house thing?

I'm glad to see someone with the Tomato firmware is able to play.  I'm running the same setup without the MLPPP and I can't get a multiplayer game going to save my life.  This would indicate it isn't the router but either my ISP (AT&T) or maybe its the fact that I have to use PPPOE.  I haven't tried it at the office where we have direct net connections without NAT since the first day, but now I'm tempted to do so if people are actually able to play.

Annekynn, are you on cable or DSL?  Does your Internet connection require PPPOE?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.