The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Insane performance issues

Exceed system recommendations, but framerate drops through course of game

By on April 18, 2009 7:29:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just got this game and it has potential to be fun, however, with the ridiculous connection issues aside, this game runs horribly on my system. My vital specs are as follows:

Intel C2D 3.0ghz

EVGA 680i SLI mobo

GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

8GB DDR2 RAM

The game starts out fine, but after the first wave spawns, my framerate drops significantly. After a few more minutes into the game, it'll progressively go lower and lower until I get 2-3 fps when there are more than 10 units on screen at a time. The thing is, Demigod looks no better than a game like Crysis, and my system can run that just fine at high settings in the most hectic situations on-screen. Point being, my system can run every other game just fine, with exception of Demigod, and Demigod doesn't even output the level of graphical detail the other games do.

I suspect it's some kind of memory leak in Demigod's code, but I can't be sure. A number of people have reported this same issue, so anything that can help would be apreciated.

0 Karma | 15 Replies
April 18, 2009 7:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you please follow this link in Internet Explorer:

http://sd.stardock.com/mike/apps/enumerate_startup.bat

save the file, run it, and attach the log file (named startup.log) it generates on the desktop to a return e-mail?  Can you also please go to Start->Run(or Start Search in Vista) and type 'dxdiag' and hit enter. Once everything loads, please click the "Save all information" button and attach the output file (called DxDiag.txt) in an email to: [email protected]

April 18, 2009 7:54:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for replying. I have e-mailed both the startup.log and DxDiag.txt files to the e-mail you supplied.

April 18, 2009 8:44:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the exact same issue/scenario, so hopefully we'll see some sort of resolution...

April 19, 2009 12:42:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What sound are you running? Most people that have had this issue it has to do with the sound. Try running the demigod.exe with the /nosound command at the end. A work around I discovered was that if I set my sound to stereo from quadraphonic/5.1 I no longer had this issue. Others have had success as well.

April 19, 2009 2:48:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What sound are you running? Most people that have had this issue it has to do with the sound. Try running the demigod.exe with the /nosound command at the end. A work around I discovered was that if I set my sound to stereo from quadraphonic/5.1 I no longer had this issue. Others have had success as well.

Yes, we've had some people saying that turning your audio settings to Stereo in the control panel will help with some performance issues.  If anyone else has tried this, please post your results whether positive or negative.

April 19, 2009 4:00:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dash,

What sound are you running? Most people that have had this issue it has to do with the sound. Try running the demigod.exe with the /nosound command at the end. A work around I discovered was that if I set my sound to stereo from quadraphonic/5.1 I no longer had this issue. Others have had success as well.
Yes, we've had some people saying that turning your audio settings to Stereo in the control panel will help with some performance issues.  If anyone else has tried this, please post your results whether positive or negative.

The /nosound option worked here, but playing without sound isn't exactly fun. So I hope this somehow gets fixed.

April 19, 2009 4:15:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dash,

save the file, run it, and attach the log file (named startup.log) it generates on the desktop to a return e-mail?  Can you also please go to Start->Run(or Start Search in Vista) and type 'dxdiag' and hit enter. Once everything loads, please click the "Save all information" button and attach the output file (called DxDiag.txt) in an email to: [email protected]

I just sent this info. I hope you guys can do something with it.

April 19, 2009 4:25:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just found out this 'enumerate_startup.bat' tool does not work on a non-english version of Windows.

April 19, 2009 11:45:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive had the same problems. Im using a laptop with( intel 2.3 duo core CPU, 4gig RAM, Nvidia geforce 9800M GTS). I tried the no sound thing but i can still only run it on a mixture of low to mid proformance. i get around 20-40FPS depending on the situation

April 19, 2009 11:56:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is a known issue that the game has terrible performance on low end systems that meet Min Requirements. Brad is looking into it, but this is a tough issue to tackle as GPG did something that messed up performance back in Janurary. Pin pointing what it is, and then fixing it for low end system may take a while.

April 20, 2009 3:38:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OrleanKnight,
It is a known issue that the game has terrible performance on low end systems that meet Min Requirements. Brad is looking into it, but this is a tough issue to tackle as GPG did something that messed up performance back in Janurary. Pin pointing what it is, and then fixing it for low end system may take a while.

I can see this is going to take a long while then, if this hasn't been fixed since January? It's not in the cards for at least a week, I see. I hope this issue gets some attention, since there are quite a few with this problem. Less than those with connectivity issues (which I haven't even tried yet, because with 2-3 FPS OR /nosound, I'm not even going to bother to try and play MP), but still enough people.

April 20, 2009 4:52:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I solved my slowdown issues by realising that demigod is only using one of my 4 cores for some reason and manually changing the cpu affinity to use all 4 in task manager. I don't know if you are having the same issue or the sound issue but it is something you might want to check.

April 20, 2009 6:13:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game ran horribly on my system, until I changed the Audio Fidelity to Low. That fixed it for me.

April 20, 2009 6:24:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting n3crosys,
The game ran horribly on my system, until I changed the Audio Fidelity to Low. That fixed it for me.

What is that, and how do I change that?

April 20, 2009 6:30:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My issue is a bit different. I played SP for a while, 40-60+ FPS, all ran fine. Then when I finally decided to play online (Pantheon), I would get 2-15 FPS - nearly unplayable. My sim speed is always between 8 and 10 though.

I tried lowering audio settings, but to no avail. I haven't tried the /nosound command line, but if it comes to that, I rather not play.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.