The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ign review- 7.5

By on April 17, 2009 8:53:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Ign review is up - link    video rev'

Well ritten review, realy sums up the game nicly. also I would look more at the review itself instead of the final score because he admit he had to lower the score due to conectivity. and we all know it will eventualy be good.

What do u think?

+3 Karma | 16 Replies
April 17, 2009 9:02:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

God damn it, you posted this while I was typing about it.

April 17, 2009 9:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think IGN and gamespot rushed to judgement and reviewed the game too early.  Their main complaint was connectivity, and this is being worked out.  I've seen them hold reviews for other games until they have been patched up a bit.  They've done a disservice to a good game and their readers IMO.

April 17, 2009 9:08:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*written, *really, *nicely, *did admit, *connectivity, *eventually

Wow.

April 17, 2009 9:15:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, you can't really blame them for not waiting longer to put it out, they do have a bit of an obligation to their readers to have one out in a timely mannor, atleast IGN took the early problems into account unlike gamespot.

Thought it was a good review, they make it pretty clear that the only thing stopping it from being a great game are the net problems, and unlike a lot of them didn't totally slam the game for no campaign or tutorial. 

April 17, 2009 9:22:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CommanderAdama,

Wow.

Also *you. 

April 17, 2009 9:23:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blaze_2000,
I think IGN and gamespot rushed to judgement and reviewed the game too early.  Their main complaint was connectivity, and this is being worked out.  I've seen them hold reviews for other games until they have been patched up a bit.  They've done a disservice to a good game and their readers IMO.

Honestly, don't complain about a 7.5 man, with all the issues the game has in it's current state a 7.5 is about right. You can't put a 9.0 and say hey in a few months this is what it will be! People will buy the game and get pissed that they didn't make a bigger deal about the multiplayer being buggy. You deal with the here and now. Besides what's wrong with a 7.5, I'll take that.

April 17, 2009 9:26:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CommanderAdama,

Wow.

hey english is not my home language, I'm trying here.   

the important part is that u got it.

plus, most times I check more carfully but I wanted to be the first who post it as it is the first time I see s.t like that fast

oh, and milldog- I realy rushed that out, first time I'm first to post those things

April 17, 2009 9:48:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blaze_2000,
Uh, since when do reviewers rush? They review what they got. And if the game is buggy where people can't connect, that's not the reviewer's fault, its the developers. If devs don't want to risk such low scores, they shouldn't push something out the door.

April 17, 2009 10:09:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's sad to see low review scores all around.  I guess we can't blame them.  We can't blame gamestop for selling early or the pirates.  No more pointing fingers.  the multiplayer sucks.   It sucked ever since beta 2A which was 4 months ago.  They just blame it on sucky old routers which should not be the solution.  A re-review will be great but the damage has already been done. 

The game is off from a rocky launch, lets hope multiplayer does get better some day.  Lets hope it does become the counterstrike of rts games.

April 17, 2009 10:20:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The gamespot score was even lower and I sorta agree with them regarding the single player experience. The game is fun, but I was expecting more then just linked skirmishes as a single player campaign. They could have added minor things that would have beefed it up alittle. For example, having a specific path of battles depending on which demigod you choose leading up to a showdown with an opposing demigod. Right now it feels like there is this huge back story that could really draw the player in but doesn't.

April 17, 2009 10:30:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually felt Beta 3 connectivity was quite good...

As for MP, been playing today without a hitch for the most part, and it's been an absolute blast.  Connections to games have been rather good (and far better than Day 0, Day 1).

GPG/Stardock deserves its fair share of the blame for the condition of the netcode on release, and Brad's already noted that he's gotten his helping of humble pie.  The blame needs to be kept in check by other conditions that are not merely finger-pointing, namely the early release and, more importantly, the high amount of pirate traffic (see the Kotaku article).

April 17, 2009 10:45:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This was a very fair review.

April 17, 2009 11:17:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always find IGN reviews to be the best out of all the online game review sites, they cover mostly everything properly and fairly. I'm pretty damn happy with this review as the seperate final scores were pretty high and they mentioned that the network problems were the only thing that dragged the final score down.

April 17, 2009 11:30:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Screw reviewers.   Make your own damned opinion.

These days reviews mean jack shit.  Everyone's sold out on advertisements and any smart company is going to listen to it's community and give feedback and make adjustments.

April 17, 2009 11:34:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

at least IGN was thoughtful enough to point out that the game WILL get better and that the game itself is very good.  let's not forget that 1up said it was doing a rereview.  hopefully stardock/gpg get their acts together for when that happens.

April 17, 2009 11:40:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I prefer review sites that have a quick summery of the pros/cons of a game.  That way if a game gets a low rating, but I see the pros are all things I'm looking for, and the cons are all things I dont worry about then I know I'll be interested.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.