The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Trouble with registering a retail copy of Demigod

How to get out of the "sticky" situation

By on April 17, 2009 4:48:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shirley

Join Date 04/2008
+207

You may have been experiencing some issues with, or reading in the forums about, trouble registering retail copies of Demigod.  Specifically errors claiming the serial was invalid or already registered to another account.  Unfortunately, this was due to an oversight on our part.  Although housing something called the "Unclean Beast" inside of our datacenter seemed like the only logical option at the time (you can't exactly chain him up in the backyard at your mom's house.) in hindsight this was probably not the best option for something with ”Ooze" ability.  After many hours of work, and some serious hosing down of the servers, the process should be back up and running.  You should now simply be able to register your serial number through Impulse.  To do this:

-Click on the help icon in the upper right of the Impulse interface (the one that looks like a blue circle with a question mark) and select "Register a product". 
-Once on the registrations page, in the bottom right, click the 'Add Registration' button. 
-In the Window that appears, enter your serial number, followed by your e-mail you used to create your Stardock.net account, the product category [Games] and the product name [Demigod] (these last 2 fields should auto-populate).
-Click 'Add Registration' button and you've registered your product. 

This will register the software to your account, and get you the latest updates to your product.  This will also keep track of the serial number if you ever need to install again.  You can now go under the games tab in Impulse and select Demigod and click 'Update' to update it.  If this works for you, enjoy the game and please refrain from replying to lighten the support load.  If this does not work, or the game is already registered to you and you're still having issues, please reply to this e-mail with any relevant details.

On a further note, the Unclean Beast has been scrubbed clean as a punishment, and will not be allowed after dinner treats for one week.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this matter,

-The Stardock Technical Support Team

Pinned, Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 18, 2009 9:09:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What about those who bought it, and downloaded it, from you guys in Europe? I'm having issues connecting to a match.

April 18, 2009 11:34:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently, the EU over DSL lines is much worse for connectivity than the US.

April 18, 2009 8:33:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Lovely. That's just FFT. I never had this problem during the Beta. Ah well, I'll come back to playing this in a week or so when they iron out the bugs from this.

December 19, 2009 10:27:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I purchased Demigod from Target the other day and typed in the code on the back of the manual.  Despite following your instructions, no dice.  It still gives me this message "The serial number you have entered is not recognized by Impulse.  Only serial numbers provided by Impulse will be accepted."

If I purchased a retail copy, how do I get a serial from Impulse.  I created an account. 

March 3, 2010 7:59:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just bought a copy of demigod and am unnable to register it through the multyplayer/stardock or through the information in this post. I also receive a message stating the game is not correctly installed. any help would be appreciated.

March 3, 2010 8:24:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just bought a copy of demigod and am unnable to register it through the multyplayer/stardock or through the information in this post. I also receive a message stating the game is not correctly installed. any help would be appreciated.

Please contact [email protected] for help with this.

June 5, 2015 6:12:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's great.

What is Impulse and how do you get it?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: