The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My detailed review after 2 days

By on April 16, 2009 5:03:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello everyone ! I am going to review Demigod after 2 days of playing. Please be cool with me, english's not my native language.

Ok there we go !

The Pros:

I started playing with the singleplayer tournament, and was amazed by the graphics... they are gorgeous and the game is very well optimized. The character design is brilliant, except Regulus, i find it too... human

I love the way arenas where designed, there's a lot of variety...

I really like the music and the sounds, especially the "announcer" ala Unreal tournament

The SP tournament was short but intensive, and I kind of like the way it ends

About the gameplay, nothing much to say, it's very addictive, and all heroes are easy to learn, difficult to master.

The skills are great, but i'd like to see more of them...

The multipler is great too, (when it works ) and the one-cd-only-LAN idea is awesome

The Cons:

Well, the multiplayer needs to be fixed, we all agree on that.

I'd like to see much variety on the maps, like more different neutral buildings or mini-objectives. I dunno, like a trigger that activates a bridge, leading to the enemy citadel without any turrets on the way, something like that...

We need a better interface for Generals, especially for minion's control and status.

I think adding two more active skills to each hero could be great, ofc it would need a wider skill bar.

Conclusion:

I've heard a long time ago about Demigod, but I was not really expecting it. I was not in the beta either. I've been greatly surprised, and now I am addicted ! I really appreciate Stardock's behaviour towards the community.

I give Demigod 9 out of 10. ( and 9.5 if multi is fixed quickly )

+2 Karma | 9 Replies
April 16, 2009 5:11:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you are perfectly right with all points. (Your pros I have nothing to say to)

Cons:

The User Interface is cool, not big, and well optimized for Assassins. But Generals need more control over their minions. You dont even know sometimes if you still have them or not, cos there is so much bam bam on the field.

8 heroes? I would like to have something between 12 and 16 heroes. Not more cos well I didnt like the way dota went with over 9000 heroes. but something <20 would be cool. 8 is too little.

I think they have enough skills.

Well another thing I agree with the to is, that the maps need more (2-3) special things. Dont know what but you are the creative guys with the ideas.

Some more items would be cool too, especially I'd like to see item combinations, e.g. a full armour, which needs shoes, plate, helmet, gloves to give some kind of extra bonus.

April 16, 2009 5:21:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice review. I agree with you in all the points. I'd give it an 8.5 right now, even with the MP transitory problems,and a 9.0 or 9.5 when they're solved.

April 16, 2009 5:29:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree with both posters above about most things, managed to enter some multiplayer games yesterday and it was really addictive, like the first time i played dota (when it was new, havent played it since).

The things i personally think needs attention are more heroes, more strategic maps, right now its just running between flags and capturing the ones with the best bonuses.

Ie shortcuts between lanes that are a bit "hidden" (ala dota), points of interest other then flags, maybe like suggested earlier, bridges that need to be activated or similair.

Also other kinds of arenas, like an abandoned city, a forest, a desert, icemap etc.

More items and like mentioned, item combinations makes for more strategy.

Personally i would also like more kinds of soldiers, both graphically and functionally, maybe in the upgrade three be able to chose 1 of 2-3 kinds and disable the other ones one have been upgraded.

The graphics are really awesome and very well optimized, with great design, big props!

In a state where multiplayer works i would probobly give the game 8.5-9/10.

April 16, 2009 5:36:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks a lot

As the second poster said, i forgot about the items. Obviously we could have more items, and what would be great is that they would have graphical impact on your hero...

About the arena diversity I agree we need natural landscapes like forests, marsh (omg plz give us ZangarMarsh from Wow ), deserts, etc... anything else but stony platforms like we have now

April 16, 2009 5:53:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice review, I'm currently leaning more towards an 8 to 8.5 myself as I see a slighly heavier penalty for Multiplayer problems and too few maps (I'd normally have expected 16 or so). Either way you hit most of the top points.

Cheers; Snarl

Oh yeah, a Tutorial might have been a good idea

April 16, 2009 6:27:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought the game and to be real i must say that this game is pretty addicting and fun but, I hate to say that this game really sucks, especially the multiplayer and map verieties, bugs as well. Noted that light side has more tanks and damage then darkness... especially the Rook once ur hp goes half and he use that hammer ur dead... or regulus u cant run from him... BS. Morever this game is a big pile a flipping shit, nevertless it's addicting.

pros- very addicting, cool graphic, small,

Cons- "gee where should i start", Connection issues, small veriety of maps, uneven demigods light side and dark side, boring nothing special but just to do what we're suppose to do,.. what's the point in gaining valor points or we it's called.

but.. lets see what the futre holds for this game..

April 16, 2009 6:43:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i agree except for the general interface, i can control all my minions fairly easy by using m and n (select minions, selection minions and demigod), more maps is definitly needed but thats going to be included in future updates, i dont think anymore than 3 skills 3 trinkets is necessary either, the level of customisation among each demigod is fine as it is (theres around 3 viable builds each demigod). thats my two cents.

AND YES shame bout connectivity. has been a issue during the whole beta.

April 16, 2009 8:23:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tazzx,
i agree except for the general interface, i can control all my minions fairly easy by using m and n (select minions, selection minions and demigod), more maps is definitly needed but thats going to be included in future updates, i dont think anymore than 3 skills 3 trinkets is necessary either, the level of customisation among each demigod is fine as it is (theres around 3 viable builds each demigod). thats my two cents.

AND YES shame bout connectivity. has been a issue during the whole beta.

Maybe i wasn't very clear about Generals. I don't have problems to control minions, but to know how many of them and which ones are alive.

April 16, 2009 10:38:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As the second poster said, i forgot about the items. Obviously we could have more items, and what would be great is that they would have graphical impact on your hero...

Can't happen -- you'd have to remodel each DG for every single item, or to be more simple: every single item would have to be remodeled for every single DG.  (Even Demi's which are close to the same size don't move the same way and wouldn't work if you tried to slap the same item on)

neven demigods light side and dark side,

What are you talking about?  Each side has 4 DG's, 2 generals and 2 assassins.

what's the point in gaining valor points or we it's called.
You can buy special 'favor items' with them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.