The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I screwed with the resolution of the game and now can't play.

By on April 15, 2009 12:48:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, I set the resolution to a resolution my monitor clearly cant handle, I believe I set it too wide or something, Im trying to get it back to default, is there an easy way to do this? I got the digital download and I uninstalled and reinstalled it but for some reason it kept the same resolution. I cant see anything, I hear sounds so It isnt crashing I just cant see anything at all, my moniter just keeps saying its out of range and then gives me some numbers but before I changed the resolution I everything was working fine, can you tell me how to reset it without going into the game?

0 Karma | 5 Replies
April 15, 2009 12:53:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

track down the file game.prefs, and make it migrate to the Recycle Bin.

run DG again, and you find that all the settings are reset.

April 15, 2009 12:58:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hrm, I think I've went through all the folders of the game and couldnt find that file? would it be named something else maybe? Sorry not so savvy when it comes to this stuff.

April 15, 2009 3:00:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nah, it's hidden inside your Windows account; probably best you ask the computer to search for it.

April 15, 2009 3:18:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it is located in my documents/my games/gas powered games/demigod

April 15, 2009 4:06:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you guys so much, found it! deleted it and it worked. Thanks again.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.