Hamachi Networks for LAN alternative

By on April 14, 2009 6:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

revlazaro

Join Date 01/2009
+3

Alright, first off I do want to thank Stardock because besides the opening day snafus, I freaking love this game and hope we can all endure a rocky start to what has the potential to be a very fun, very competetive online game (although I'm more of a fun/casual player myself, I still love some good intense matches )

Earlier today I played with a couple cool cats over Hamachi to see if we had better results. I found the lag was a lot better and I only crashed due to a graphics driver problem on my end, which I've had before in other games and was just at fault of me not updating my drivers (it happens.)

So, I decided it might be cool to set up a few Hamachi networks to hold us over as the kinks get ironed out.

If any others want to post Looking for members for their own private networks in this thread, that's fine too.

For right now I'm going to post a few public networks, and all I ask is that since I'm using a non-commercial license we're limited to 15 members each network (not including me.) If you stick around in one, please don't hang around in the other two. I'll check them periodicially and if I see anyone lurking in two or more, I'll randomly evict you from the networks.

To find out more about Hamachi check out their site at:

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp

The Networks I have started (for now):

Demigod Hamachi

Demigod Hamachi 2

Demigod Hamachi 3

Password is stardock to all 3.

I also have a private network I may invite peeps to.

If anyone else wants to start public networks, feel free to post them here.

Remember:

This software will treat you as if you're in a LAN with other users! I'd recommend passwording or double checking any possible shared folders you don't want others to be prowling in! If you're not comfortable, don't use it! I merely brought this up for the players who are experienced and familliar with Hamachi.

Also, this is for peeps with the current retail patch -- NO WAREZ COPIES. This is for legit players!

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 14, 2009 7:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod LAN

Demigod LAN2

Demigod LAN3

Demigod LAN4

DemigoD

Those 4 channels are highly active, with a cap of 50 members each - have been playing all day over these, probably played 20+ fun games .

April 14, 2009 7:52:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll join, though Leaf is probably better for gaming than Hamachi. Same difference though, thanks.

April 14, 2009 7:57:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you very much for all this assistance in helping others, you have the true spirit of Stardock!!

April 14, 2009 8:06:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blakeybastard,
Demigod LAN

Demigod LAN2

Demigod LAN3

Demigod LAN4

DemigoD

Those 4 channels are highly active, with a cap of 50 members each - have been playing all day over these, probably played 20+ fun games .

Password for these?

April 14, 2009 8:09:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome to all who've dropped in and to Blakey for sharing his networks!

But yeah, give us some passwords mate!

PS-- Check my status and make sure I'm not set to BUSY or AFK......I keep it open sometimes just to check in between matches of other games.

April 14, 2009 8:13:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting revlazaro,
Awesome to all who've dropped in and to Blakey for sharing his networks!

But yeah, give us some passwords mate!

PS-- Check my status and make sure I'm not set to BUSY or AFK......I keep it open sometimes just to check in between matches of other games.

Not too many people on, can't find any games /cry.

April 15, 2009 11:41:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, last night before I left we had some blunders -- a full network of us and nobody could see eachother.

Reading up it seems more related to some kinks in Hamachi and not really fault of Demigod. Still, thanks to all who dropped in AND gratz to the guys who managed to get a 2v2 going when I left

To toss some more things in:

1)I've evicted multiple network peeps who were offline to free up slots. I tried to keep everyone in the most populated network they were in; you were merely just evicted from the other nets to free up slots. That said, I think I might have removed 1 person from Demigod Hamachi 2 just because that's an empty channel now. Feel free to join them again if you wish to look around; I just ask if you "settle" into one for a day/evening or before logging off/joining a game to remove yourself from the other channels to keep room up.

2) Cerulean_Shaman: I've taken an interest in the LEAF program you mentioned. I'd be willing to experiment with it if it's more stable than Hamachi; or at least easier to organize a community of networks on. Gimme a hollar over Hamachi or, if you have it, feel free to Xfire me.

My Xfire if anyone wants to add, btw, is revlazaro

April 15, 2009 12:21:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have Leaf - same username on there as I have here if we get a network going.

April 15, 2009 11:32:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cant join / create hamachi games in demigod! What should I do ?

April 15, 2009 11:52:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The answer was under our noses the whole time. Thanks to Tom and the other guys who digged this up:

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/323040/page/2/

We did this tonight and had a few games with no drops; 1 match seemed slow (like watching fight scenes in 300, so it wasn't THAT bad. Kinda epic.)

But yeah, had 4-6 players no probs.

April 15, 2009 11:57:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting revlazaro,

2) Cerulean_Shaman: I've taken an interest in the LEAF program you mentioned. I'd be willing to experiment with it if it's more stable than Hamachi; or at least easier to organize a community of networks on. Gimme a hollar over Hamachi or, if you have it, feel free to Xfire me.

My Xfire if anyone wants to add, btw, is revlazaro

Aye, Leaf was designed with gaming in mind so I've had better results with it. I'll be glad to help out with a series of leaf network and I'm even willing to offer a guide on how to connect using Leaf. Sorry I replied so late. I work a weird shift so my "waking" hours are fairly late eastern time.

I'll toss you a pm here and give you a shout on Hamachi if you're on some how when I get home, otherwise you can reply tomorrow.

April 16, 2009 12:58:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump for more hamachi action

April 16, 2009 1:05:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cerulean_Shaman,

Quoting revlazaro, reply 7

Aye, Leaf was designed with gaming in mind so I've had better results with it. I'll be glad to help out with a series of leaf network and I'm even willing to offer a guide on how to connect using Leaf. Sorry I replied so late. I work a weird shift so my "waking" hours are fairly late eastern time.

I'll toss you a pm here and give you a shout on Hamachi if you're on some how when I get home, otherwise you can reply tomorrow.

I'll have to check this "leaf" out ^^ - Currently Admin in all the above channels, but its a pain trying to keep them all clean of the offliners (people who go offline rather than leaving the network to let others play)

i think ive played somewhere in the region of 30 games in these networks now - it's been fun as hell ^^

April 16, 2009 1:10:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh balls.. sorry about not supplying the password

pass is "demi" - for all networks

New channel to join = "Demigod-pp"

same password.

and if anyone would like to challenge my team, send me a message (i'll always be idling in DemigoD) and we can get you into our channel (1v1-4v4 any map )

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2014 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.