The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Erebus attack orders still buggy

By on April 14, 2009 3:00:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Using bite cancels all attack orders. It is kind of a pain when you are going toe-to-toe with a spirits Oak and can't really tell if VL is still attacking the desired target (Oak) after a bite. Only seems to be a problem when numerous other targets are near, as would make sense. Are any of the other Demigods still showing this behavior? I've noticed this same issue to some degree when using the bat teleport, but some of that could be bad aim when I don't end up near the intended target. I also noticed this yesterday, so maybe the day 0 patch caught it?

Edit: As posted below, VLs bite will often fail entirely against Rook. This only seems to happen within meelee range, but can be replicated rather easily at the moment.

+4 Karma | 13 Replies
April 14, 2009 3:03:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hum, not sure.  I'll keep a look out to see if it's happening. 

April 14, 2009 3:09:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

happens to me and all i use is erbus

sometimes the bite order doesnt even work...

April 14, 2009 3:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sometimes the bite order doesnt even work...

This is related to another issue that's plagued the beta for quite a while. It mostly happens under 2 conditions:

1) Your target is just slightly outside the ability range. He will stand still. If it's far enough outside he will move to get in range, if it's within range he will just do it. There's a "sweet spot" right outside the radius circle where he'll ignore the command.

2) He's inside the hitbox of another Demigod. Rook is the biggest offender. If he gets lost right beneath the Rook's feet, the ability won't be used, you'd have to move him out and then do it again.

This isn't Erebus specific, but is mostly noticeable to melee Demigods since a lot of their abilities are fairly short range.

April 14, 2009 3:33:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not only is Erebus himself having those issues (although they're a very minor niggle - a quick second click or minor move order will solve it), his minions are still broken. Only they're far more broken - they simply ignore attack orders, irregardless of how many you give.

April 14, 2009 3:36:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they simply ignore attack orders, irregardless of how many you give.

This I haven't seen, and I've been playing him in the SP Tourney.

April 14, 2009 3:47:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DatonKallandor,
irregardless
/facepalm

Playing as Shedna, this happens to me all the time as I get hung out to dry and then manage to get stunned. It's annoying, but if you're playing with some other aspect of the game expecting a quick kill then it makes you want to cry rivers of tears.

April 14, 2009 3:53:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I generally ignore Erebus' minions and don't invest many points into them, so I'm not very aware of their actions. However, the few times I have used the minion build, I have noticed that they often times switch targets before killing the intended target. Guess I'll just have to live with the few pathing issues and hit-box/proximity problems for a while longer. I just assumed enough people had complained about these in the beta that it would have been fixed by now. I must say though, balance right now is much better than in beta... I can actually do some major damage with Erebus and not just play teleport/stun support all the time  

April 14, 2009 3:59:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed Erebus isn't as bad as he seems, unless I'm just playing someone way the hell better than me.

April 14, 2009 4:04:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have to make sure that you're selecting the minions, too. Any new minions don't join the existing selection, so you have to periodically re-select as your existing minions die and new ones are created. I haven't seen any of my selected Nightwalkers switching targets randomly.

April 16, 2009 12:40:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

VLs bite attack is especially buggy against Rook and often (around 1 out of every 3 tries in close range) does not trigger.

April 16, 2009 2:23:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doesnt always trigger, its ver frustrating...

April 16, 2009 2:43:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if you read some of the above posts rather than typing "very frustraing" - like i nearly did, you'll realise its a problem with the hitboxes as one nice forum poster pointed out...

so rather than ignoring him, why not thank him - like i certainly will,

thankyou dear poster, for uncovering the reason i died 7 times in that game (was on a real streak.. 22-0, then died 7 times cos bite wudnt trigger -.-)

April 16, 2009 4:04:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i guess its prob a good thing that this game is taking another month to be released here, coz maybe theyll be able to fix many other minor bugs and patch em up b4 i buy the game

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.