The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor, item and achievement data loss (game.prefs.bad)

By on April 14, 2009 3:00:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So yeah, at some point between first launch today and yesterday all my stored favor, favor items and achievements got fubar'd. Achievements and items reset to locked with 0 progress and favor ended up at -740 (sounds like either aprox. the cost of items I'd unlocked or the amount of unspent favor I had)

It's not a one off display bug and it's not dissappearing with a restart. I checked game.prefs and all the achieve progress is gone, I've got an old game.prefs.bad which may have all my old achievement junk in it but the modified date is back on saturday when DG should have been uninstalled from my system which is odd. *shrug*

Dunno if it was the update, because my last game last night ended in a crash, or just something unrelated. I do know I'm working off a 740 favor debt before I can buy any favor items again though.

Well, unless I CBA fiddling with game.prefs to see what changes can be wrought.

+5 Karma | 1 Reply
July 2, 2009 2:37:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently my ability to play nightmare was retained, and oddly enough my first Single Player Tournament match I had my Furious Blade, but when I won the first match and went on to the next one, all my favor progress (had basically all the standard and almost all the assassin favor items purchased) was removed.  I had one unhandled exception crash while trying to connect to my first multiplayer game after the patch, but after that everything played fine...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.