The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Self-Nullification of Attack Abilities, via Mid-Swing Level-Ups.

Yeah, I know, it's a bit of a mouthful.

By on April 7, 2009 9:42:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed this on two occasions tonight. Once while using Rook's Hammer Slam, and again when using Sedna's Pounce.

The proceedure is thus:

First, initiate an ability that is intended to deliver damage to an enemy or creep. (I suggest using Rook's Hammer Slam for this proceedure, due to it's innately slow nature.) Now, BEFORE the attack delivers it's damaging payload, UPGRADE that specific ability in your demigod's skill tree. Your demigod will still perform the animation for your intended attack, but the attack itself will not deliver any damage.

From what I've seen, this is also possible if you command your demigod to perform an ability on a target that is presently not within range. As your demigod approaches the intended target on foot, upgrade the ability your demigod is about to perform. Again, the ability will perform 0 damage when it is finally delivered, unless the command is re-issued.

All subsequent attempts at using the affected ability will be unaffected by this bug.

0 Karma | 4 Replies
April 7, 2009 10:02:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup whenever you upgrade an ability and you are mid-way completely it, it will stop. I never actually had the animation completely finish if I upgraded mid-use, it usually just gets a "interupt" type effect.

If you are only using the Rook as your example here its more of a Rook bug then an ability one. If you cancel Rooks Hammer Slam late enough you can get the animation to completely (or 99%) finish (and so you actually see his hammer hit the ground and make the sound effects etc. but do 0 damage). For example, initiate a hammer slam, and at the very last second cancel it, and his hammer will hit the ground.

Have you had this bug with other characters or just The Rook?

April 7, 2009 10:10:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen it with Sedna. I targetted someone with a Pounce as he was trying to run away, took a split second to upgrade my Pounce ability to maximize damage, and... Well... inadvertantly screwed myself over, it seems. The animation went off, but I saw no damage indicators or change in my foe's HP.

April 7, 2009 10:12:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah yea ive seen it with Sedna too a few times.
Its not really a bug though, because the animations never completely finish - just go 99% of the way so it looks like they have done it completely, but actually we didnt see that 1%. Upgarding your ability shouldnt interupt you anyway, your skill should just finish activating and have the same effect before you upgraded.

Like I dont think this would happen if Fire TB tried to shoot a fireball, as he only shoots once the animation is 100% complete (im pretty sure) and since the animation never actually finishes he wont end up shooting it. If you can get a fireball to do 0 damage though then im guess wrong.

April 7, 2009 10:31:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ACDalzK,
Its not really a bug though, because the animations never completely finish.

Regardless of how this effect is achieved, I would argue that the end result is a bug, insofar as that it detracts from gameplay.

Upgarding your ability shouldnt interupt you anyway, your skill should just finish activating and have the same effect before you upgraded.

Agreed. They shouldn't...    ... But unless my eyes have been lying to me, (and I never totally discount that as a possibility ) this is presently not the case.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.