The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Inside the box

By on April 6, 2009 11:01:37 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Pictured here are the contents of the Collector’s Edition which includes The Rook miniature (Collector’s Edition also includes the Demigod Desktop, and the Demigod soundtrack by Howard Mostrom) and the Demigod poster.

On the left you can see the standard retail Demigod box.  Now all we need is the gold DVD to go in there.

+912 Karma | 34 Replies
April 6, 2009 11:16:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not bad at all! The manual doesn't look very plumpy, has Yarlen been slacking?

Also, the Rook didn't get its paint Would've been nice to have it in its brown-ish color, but I guess now anyone who likes painting miniatures will have another one to do.

April 6, 2009 11:21:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The Rook miniature! 

April 6, 2009 11:26:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any news on us that ordered only digitial dl can upgrade to get retail collectors edition

April 6, 2009 11:30:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What news are you expecting? Once it starts shipping there will be a URL to log in to get an option to upgrade to a box.

April 6, 2009 11:32:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What about the people that pre-ordered and participated in the beta? I feel like the money spent early to enjoy the game may've been a bad idea....

April 6, 2009 11:52:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All preorders are Collector's Edition. The people who chose download-only will be getting the option to upgrade to a box for something like $5 + s&h. The people who went with download+box will get the CE box shipped once the game is out.

April 6, 2009 12:04:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be nice if there was a Digital Download CE.  I hate boxed copies of games and I hate having useless junk lying around from CE editions of games.  However, I don't mind having useless junk on my computer or in my game.

April 6, 2009 12:06:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The digital download is CE as well. For Sins, the soundtrack cd was made available as mp3s, and the poster-things as pdfs. I would assume the same will be done here And of course the MyColors theme.

April 6, 2009 12:18:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

am i the only one that noticed no disk? lol

April 6, 2009 12:26:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not if you read the last sentence of the OP

April 6, 2009 12:32:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting batosai33,
am i the only one that noticed no disk? lol
The DVD and soundtrack are in holder-thing in the upper right (above the Impulse flyer and to the right of the Rook miniature).  The other side is a crop of this: http://www.demigodthegame.com/images/wallpapers/DG_Desktop_TorchBearer_1920x1200.jpg

April 6, 2009 12:57:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alas, not a big fan of the art on the CE.  It's just so...dark. And overly stylized. Ah well. And I know, I know, if this is the worst of my complaints, I don't have a lot to complain about!

-HM

April 6, 2009 1:23:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i figured it was there, i just thought it was funny that it said "everything" and you couldn't see the disk.

April 6, 2009 1:58:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

meh.... maybe maybe not, i always liked collector's editions just because i like collecting and i do have some extra money so yeah, i might get the collector's

April 6, 2009 2:18:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gah!  I just bought 50 miniatures to paint, and now I'm going to get ANOTHER one? 

April 6, 2009 2:30:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We want this...*drools uncontrollably*!!!

Damn credit card....still hasn't arrived:( and you can't paypal a pre-order!

Noooooooooooooooooooo.......O

April 6, 2009 2:32:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You could have if you'd done it when they were processing for each beta phase. Slacker.

April 6, 2009 2:35:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yay! Another reason to love being in Stardock betas

April 6, 2009 2:54:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You mean other than the privilege of getting to know eets rather intimately?

April 6, 2009 2:59:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought the box cover matched the manual cover?  or is that just because its the collector's edition?

April 6, 2009 3:03:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any chance of the download only version getting a downloadable soundtrack?

April 6, 2009 3:26:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

or is that just because its the collector's edition?
yes.

April 6, 2009 6:40:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Any chance to get a pre-painted Rook?  

April 6, 2009 7:25:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can we have a hint as to how we can upgrade from the Download Only version to this Collector's Edition? Because the Rook miniature certainly wasn't on offer way back when I preordered.

April 6, 2009 7:28:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
All preorders are Collector's Edition. The people who chose download-only will be getting the option to upgrade to a box for something like $5 + s&h. The people who went with download+box will get the CE box shipped once the game is out.

That way

For Sins, there was a URL to log in that checked for game registration, and offered an upgrade to a box for those who had digital-only. They've not given any indication it won't be the same for Demigod.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.