The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Hard and Nightmare AI both cheat and play better

By on March 23, 2009 12:28:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing AI's a bit ( since I can't play humans except for that one day between updates, hint hint ).

Normal AI seem rather stupid. When low on HP they will often just walk away a bit and stand with their back to you, or walk back and forth inside your range and just be killed off easily.

Hard and Nightmare are actually hard to beat. They will escape in time, take haven behind their towers rather than in front of them, give good chase when you are in red, try to interrupt castings and go for a kill with bat teleport or pounce etc.

However, they also start the game with more cash. They will appear at start with siege gunners, potions and plenty teleport scrolls, sometims even with a Finger of God from get go. I don't know the exact settings.

There should be a level of strong AI behavior but equal conditions.

0 Karma | 4 Replies
March 23, 2009 2:42:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed completely & utterly.

March 23, 2009 2:55:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Finger of God thing you are seeing is the Heaven's Wrath favor item actually.

March 23, 2009 3:41:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree.  There should be an option to use the best AI without giving it cheats.  There is clearly a difference between Normal and Nightmare behavior beyond the cheats.  I would like to be able to combat Nightmares on an equal playing field.

May 29, 2009 7:24:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AI's are difficult to create/program, bottom line.  A human will always, always be able to out think, and outsmart an AI (with enough time).  I would want the developers to concentrate more on the online play experience and other features that would allow for the human community to grow.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.