The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Balance ASAP

By on March 18, 2009 12:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod game play is based on mastering four aspects.

1. Slaughter: The ability to destroy a player (the best of the group) in the opening min and keep them down. This allows the play to get a large amount of gold early to get upgrades or powerful items quick and put the other players behind an eight ball that they never recover from.
  2. Flag Control: This allows the play that holds them to blow past the opponent in war score and get upgrades on the battle field quicker. If your team is the victim of the Slaughter then they have no chance in this area.
  3. Team work: Demigod is a team based game. If you are a good player and get teamed with new players and your opponents are all high ranked prearranged teams then all your skills are for nothing with out the support of your team mates. Now you fall victim to the slaughter and have no hope of flag control.
  4. Destroying Structures: Light towers and forts and the Citadel are all builds that can be destroyed and win the day for you. Once you fall victim in the opening minutes to the slaughter, lack of team and flag control then kiss your Structures bye.

In my opinion all the focus is on slaughter and early on if you fall victim to this you have no hope of a come back. So let’s put this into the light of day I am new player I have won the single mode and am ready for online play. Launch online play tournament or custom and here comes the beat down. I know there will always be good players and bad players. But the balance needs to be as follows:

1. Demigod kill need to give less gold and be on a scale fist kill gets 500 and twenty third kill gets a 1000.
  2.  Flag Control gives more rewards I hold the most area for a set amount of time now my DG gets a ring of fire or some bonus power. This make the player have a chance and learn get the flags and hold them. Also the flag should only be yours for 2 min then go back to neutral this stops the Tele kill.

3. Structures need stronger upgrades I need to spend my gold to protect me if I fall victim to the slaughter. When a DG that has killed multiple DG gets so many items they can walk right past my defense and keep killing me this is a problem.

Just some balance ideas.

+4 Karma | 5 Replies
March 18, 2009 2:52:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

personally i disagree with 1&2 but i agree with 3.. i hate that UB can run into my base get hit my all towers... kill me by the healing thing then run out and not die... yes he bought the items, but still it shouldnt be THAT easy

March 18, 2009 3:11:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i do think demigod kills are way too beneficial early, i get a ton of gold then the kills just rack up with the better items and xp from leveling and its bad

March 18, 2009 3:11:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm... Well, I agree that there is the intense focus on slaughter. The victories in Demigod are almost always landslide victories because one team has the money. I wouldnt say theres 'no hope of comeback' because I've seen it a few times. Two times, to be exact. So it's possible, but...

I agree that the money for killing Demigods should be severly decreased, because its such a huge jump in funds from your normal income and its payed to multiple players. The bounty is somethng that should be nice to have and help put the game in your favor, but it shouldnt be a game-winner all by itself.

I think there should definitely be an alternative way to win if you cant stand toe-to-toe with the opposite team's demigods. Looking at the upcoming changes to the citadel upgrades, I believe those might be it, but we wont know until its put in place.

I support tele-kills because its good strategy and you have to have some way to defend your flags from the ninjas. The 2 minute claim thing would only help the winning team because they'd get the exp for recapping the flags over and over. So I dont know about that.

Lastly, I disagree that the structures need to be buffed. They're pretty strong already, and you can buff them up even more. They're only supposed to be a bulwark to keep your from getting zerged early in, and to keep your citadel from being destroyed by minotaurs and archers.

On a side note, I think the war-score should be equal progression on both teams. The flag bonuses already speak for themselves, and it would help the loosing team.

March 18, 2009 3:53:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think a good way to deal with this, as you have alluded, would be to scale rewards for kills to a much greater degree.  At low levels, killing enemies should give you only a small amount of gold and experience, and the death penalty should be much, much shorter (like 5 seconds).  The rewards and associated penalties, then, will scale to a greater degree as the game goes on, so that at lvl 20 getting killed means you're out for a full minute and the opponent gets 2000-3000 gold.

I also agree that buildings could stand to be a bit stronger / have more upgrades.  Unless you put towers on "strong," it's often too easy for the opponent to venture near your defenses to complete kills even early on without suffering a lot of damage (or death) themselves.  Unfortunately when towers are on "strong" they have too much hp and the game tends to drag on for longer than one would hope, so some kind of middle ground needs to be found there.

March 18, 2009 4:08:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's notable, Possibly, that the amount of HP of towers on Strong will be scaled down from 14000 to 8400.

So there ya go =]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.