The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Monday at Stardock

By on March 16, 2009 12:53:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
IMG_0386

Lunch time at Stardock..

IMG_0389
Demigod QA fire team (or where they sit anyway)

IMG_0390

Cari (CariElf’s) workstation working on Impulse Reactor’s NAT code for Demigod

IMG_0391 IMG_0392 IMG_0393
Elemental being worked on

IMG_0394

Next free update to Galactic Civilizations being worked on.

+912 Karma | 59 Replies
March 16, 2009 1:01:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh good, was hoping another update to GalCiv was coming.

It's good to take a peak at the place that has fueled my procrastination for so many years.

March 16, 2009 1:04:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Some of you have 4 monitors on your desks?  I thought I was super cool with 3

March 16, 2009 1:28:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only get 2 monitors at my development job...

March 16, 2009 1:33:35 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Some of you have 4 monitors on your desks? I thought I was super cool with 3

I have 3, and I'm not even a developer.  Yeah, we like our monitors, computers and Multiplicity!

March 16, 2009 1:46:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And this is only mondays, Imagine how many screens they have on Fridays!

March 16, 2009 1:54:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

But more screens just means more work-related stuff to stick on them. I have 2 at work and if I had any more I'd go insane.

Having screens at home is great, since you can put whatever you want there

March 16, 2009 2:05:03 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Multiplicity rocks! Stardock's secret to massive productivity.

March 16, 2009 2:09:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some of you have 4 monitors on your desks? I thought I was super cool with 3

All of the developers and artists have at least 2 monitors for their main machine, and most of us game developers have at least one test box.  I have two test boxes + my laptop so that I can test the network code. 

March 16, 2009 2:38:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks like fun

March 16, 2009 3:05:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, ever since going to 2 monitors I don't think I could be very 'productive' with only one any more.   I'm not surprised at all to see every desk with 2+ screens.

Looks like a pretty awesome place.

March 16, 2009 3:16:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's only a matter of time until the average developer's workspace turns from that, into this:

Then, they won't even see the code anymore. All they'll see is: blonde, brunette, redhead, eets...

March 16, 2009 3:19:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Have you gotten into Virtual Machines much yet?  I could see those as really, really handy for testing.  Although, VMs tend to have really poor graphics.

March 16, 2009 3:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you gotten into Virtual Machines much yet? I could see those as really, really handy for testing. Although, VMs tend to have really poor graphics.

Not yet.  It might be useful for running tests on the connection code since I have a console app for that, but for testing actual games it won't work because it doesn't emulate a good enough graphics card.

March 16, 2009 3:35:38 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

yeah, ever since going to 2 monitors I don't think I could be very 'productive' with only one any more.

yeah, I mean, how does anyone work with only one.   

March 16, 2009 4:24:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the camera needs a better resolution i can´t read what's on the monitors

March 16, 2009 4:43:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just give it to the CSI people, after they run a reverse algrorithm on it, not only will we be able to see the text, we'll have the complete source code, the faces of the people working on it, and a lost Shakespearean sonnet.

March 16, 2009 4:51:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Better pictures of the Elemental-computers and the Elemental wall at the top of the picture of Cari's desk would be nice

March 16, 2009 5:36:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gnats3,
Better pictures of the Elemental-computers and the Elemental wall at the top of the picture of Cari's desk would be nice

Time to download some image clarification software!  Also, I don't think its the camera resolution which needs increasing, but its shutter speed... It seems to be movement blur from slight hand movement, etc.

Perhaps the free trial of this.

March 16, 2009 6:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, Cari, what is a 7800 GTX doing sitting on top of that beige desktop at the bottom right?

March 16, 2009 9:02:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You guys have enough of Cari's cell number in that picture to make finding her reasonable.  Three digits isn't too difficult, some crazy stalker could do that in a few days no problem.

March 16, 2009 9:07:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You didn't get a look at the Publishing office in these photos.  My current PC count is 4 (three desktop PCs, one laptop) and 5 monitors.  Yarlen's desk is pretty well loaded too.

I think our new support guy, Dash, has the fewest monitors in the company, but he's only been here a week or two now.  Soon he'll have monitor sprawl too!

Oh, and I have Cari's cell number.  What will the Fan Club offer me for it? 

March 16, 2009 9:27:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We'll offer 3 combs she's thrown away, 1 water bottle (with salivia from backwash), and an assortment of her childhood underwear.

Seriously though, very nice.  Can't imagine having multiple screens..too much info already on one! (Than again, I do use reference pictures a lot, and tab through many note pads)

March 16, 2009 9:57:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think our new support guy, Dash, has the fewest monitors in the company, but he's only been here a week or two now.  Soon he'll have monitor sprawl too!

Dash, eh?  Welcome young padawan.  Perhaps some day your quantity of monitors may rival that of Zoomba's, but until that day, may patience guide you.

March 16, 2009 10:22:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hum...you guys looking for more staff !?!

March 16, 2009 11:19:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The dry erase board for notes to that artistis bitchin'.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.