The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Future Demigods

By on March 2, 2009 12:52:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These are just ideas and suggestions, of course.

A Demigod inspired by Monkey King! (Hanuman or Sun Wukong, either is fine!)

A Demigod inspired by THE FLY! (Basically an insect design, something as scary looking as UB)

+3 Karma | 54 Replies
March 2, 2009 12:53:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Need a Monkey King..

March 2, 2009 3:12:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We need more demigos in general, now the variety is too narrow that the metagame is almost closed to a couple of teams and build.

March 2, 2009 4:04:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monkey King would be legit.

Fast, good HP, low armor, hit hard. Like a UB that takes skill for the Forces of Light.

Make him white-haired and with big archaic armor plates.

A good Bite Attack

A leap of some sorts that knocks demigods away when he lands

Some form of a roar that buffs nearby allies and debuffs nearby enemies

Would be a cool start!

March 3, 2009 12:44:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tail-wrapping for stun.

March 3, 2009 10:10:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Forget developers! We've got beta testers!

In the light that he's going to be an assassin, he should use a sword. We have an axe, a hammer, a bow, and two staves, but no swords!

March 4, 2009 12:10:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monkey with a sword. Ooooh yeeeeah.

March 4, 2009 12:21:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I heartly support the monkey king idea.   I can think of a few designs that would really fit right along. 

I'm also suprised some sort of stealth kill character has not appeared in this.  Something like a ninja of some sort,

I'd also like to break that 2D plane a bit.  So if somebody had some sort of running leap attack.

The monkey could really do the above, another reason I support him so.

I think the dark side should gain a gluttonous demigod. Somebody big and fat and slow, but more magic based than say the rook.   I can see a big fat man riding around on a flying carpet or something throwing lightning at people.  Electricity is an element that is not really in anybody's arsonal right now.

March 4, 2009 4:45:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nah not with a sword it wouldn't fit him, more a staff user

he should be a general and his special minion should be a swarm of little monkeys

what about a drunken crazy norse bard for the dark side?

March 4, 2009 6:44:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Szadowsz,
nah not with a sword it wouldn't fit him, more a staff user

he should be a general and his special minion should be a swarm of little monkeys

what about a drunken crazy norse bard for the dark side?

maybe not a staff but more of a spear?

March 4, 2009 4:57:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, it kinda fits depends on his abilities though too. if he is more offensive than d, a spear would have a better feel/asthetic

maybe a shapshifter/mimic shadow demigod that can take one of other demigods abilities until death and can do other cool stuff

March 5, 2009 1:33:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, if anyone wants, I could paint this up. I was gonna paint a sort of zuni myth inspired monster(inspired by Achiyalatopa, a monster with feathers of flint knives) to see how that would work anyways. If you want to, I'd suggest being as specific as possible with appearance, otherwise I'll totally go nuts with the idea and who knows what you'll get

March 5, 2009 7:28:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monkey, spear or sword. Possibly minions. That's all I can take from this and think of.

March 5, 2009 8:15:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/323003

Lots of ideas in that thread

March 5, 2009 8:45:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey! No zombie threads!

March 6, 2009 7:39:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Giant Worm Demigod!

March 6, 2009 9:06:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the dark side should gain a gluttonous demigod. Somebody big and fat and slow, but more magic based than say the rook. I can see a big fat man riding around on a flying carpet or something throwing lightning at people. Electricity is an element that is not really in anybody's arsonal right now.

I really like this idea, but... Flying around on a carpet? Naww. I'd prefer to see a revolting, ludicrously overweight monstrosity, waddling towards me at a pace that indicates that they are physically straining under the weight of their uncounted rolls of flab.

Vomit-inducing imagery FTW! 

March 6, 2009 3:40:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where's the Herculean demigod? I mean, it'd be cool to see a character that used fists and could just get bigger. I like humanoid demigods...

...But I would like to see another monster style character. Like a monster style general.

March 6, 2009 3:53:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The monkey king is a great idea would like to see him humanoid with staff fast attack and a leap skill. Way cool

March 6, 2009 3:57:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it will be nice to add some more demigods from real mythology like hercules.  Or anyone else

March 6, 2009 4:15:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We should have a demonic demigod. We have an angelic one! (and no, UB and TB don't count)

March 6, 2009 8:06:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I said I wanted another monster Demigod... but I'd also like to see another female demigod. I think having another female demigod would probably be a nice balance.

Actually, I think that the next two demigods should be female Assassin types. Or, at least one female Assassin, and a monster (ala unclean or even Rook) style general.

March 6, 2009 8:11:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There should always be an equal amount of assassins and generals.

March 6, 2009 8:34:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Female Assassin:

[Name]: The Echidna
[Type]: Assasin
[Theme]: Snake

[Skill Type]: Clairgustance - Able to absorb/share the effects of expendable items used by other nearby demigods. (10% of any Potion used nearby takes effect on The Echidna as well, or something.)

Clairsentience - Able to share buff status effects used by nearby enemies.

Empathic Contagion - Any negative status effects used on nearby allied units are healed, but the Echidna is inflicted by the same effects.  Afterward,  all nearby enemy units are inflicted with the same effects.
[Apperance]: A rather large Naga, but moves in a way that it can hide amongst the creeps.
[Role]: Anti-Support
[Comments]: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/321404  This pretty much explains my Demigod.

"It" General:

[Name]: Aum
[Type]: General
[Theme]: Ganesh, from Hindu Mythology

[Skill Type]: A skill to sweep masses of creep away with Aum's trunk...and Elephant Summons with a trample ability to add splash damage and movement speed.  He would need some kind of support skill as well, such as an armor buff to nearby units or something.
[Apperance]: An Elephant walking on its hind legs, about 2/3 the size of Rook.
[Role]: Tank/Caster Hybrid.
[Comments]: This Demigod General would need an achievement called "Leader of the Pach", based on creations of his special Elephant units.  And "An Elephant Never Forgets (to kill!)" based on damage by his Trunk Swing attack

Additional random idea:

[Name]: Opinicus

[Type]: Assassin

[Theme]: Gryphon

[Skill Type]: Heart of a Lion - Opinicus' Weapon Damage and Health Per Second increase based on the number of enemy Demigods nearby.

Featherstore - A Wave of piercing feathers damages targets in a line, increasing their damage taken for x time.

Eagle Eye - A cursing glance stuns temporarily and decreases target armor and evasion for longer.

[Appearance]: A Gryphon.

[Role]: Anti-Demigod

[Comments]: Eh, *shrug*

March 6, 2009 10:32:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Loved the last comment.

I would actually probably play The Echidna if she were real. I just hope that the developers don't ever go as unnecassarily far as they did with QoT again.

March 7, 2009 12:01:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can say that we have 2 planned but we want to wait until after release to see how the game is played in "the real world" so that we can add Demigods that balance out a team better.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.