The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[SEMI-CHEESE?] Warpstone and Crucible - Portal flag

By on February 21, 2009 8:59:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

With the use of warpstone, the portal flag on the Dark or Light side can easily be capped at any point in the late game.

+3 Karma | 32 Replies
February 22, 2009 5:46:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What do you mean?

February 22, 2009 6:01:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He means you can teleport around from the side and thus enter the base from the back.  This is a topic of constant discussion.  I kind of like the fact that it is asymetric and you can sneak into the back of a noob players base.  Capturing the portal itself in the early rounds does little benefit as minotaurs ansd archers are too weak to really do any damage.  It is just annoying.  Late game it can be catastrophic, but that is the case on all the maps.

February 22, 2009 6:06:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so it only works on the light side?

If yes probably the dark portal should be adjusted so its symmetrical.

February 22, 2009 6:30:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've definitely teleported to the dark portal and taken that before, and I tested it and was able to teleport to both sides easily.  I kind of like the idea of having it available, though maybe it is a little too easy.  Maybe put a few more towers nearby so you have to work for it more?

February 22, 2009 6:35:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I said the same thing (using other words) in my map feedback.   But both sides can do it.  Its not unbalanced, just annoying.  I think some sort of protection should be put up to defend against it.  

February 22, 2009 6:40:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate how easy it is to get portal flags.  They should be better defended across all maps.

February 22, 2009 6:42:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Archer towers spawn at a certain point. I think it's ok that you can do it . It would be CHEESY if there was an invisable barrier. What I do is bat swarm with erebus as well if the warpstone is on cooldown.

February 22, 2009 6:50:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be cool if all portals had a defender. Something like a portal Guardian. Which increases with the war rank. When the enemy destroys the creature it respawns again after 2 summons or x set time. BUT if the enemy captures the portal they can also get a new portal guardian. Each war rank makes him stronger and gives him more health.

I think it makes the end game better. Towers can be easily destroyed late game, and especially portals become important when you get better creeps. So it would be good to have something that increases a lot in power and health.  

February 22, 2009 6:55:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bas0172,
It would be cool if all portals had a defender. Something like a portal Guardian. Which increases with the war rank. When the enemy destroys the creature it respawns again after 2 summons or x set time. BUT if the enemy captures the portal they can also get a new portal guardian. Each war rank makes him stronger and gives him more health.

I think it makes the end game better. Towers can be easily destroyed late game, and especially portals become important when you get better creeps. So it would be good to have something that increases a lot in power and health.  

I the current setup makes portals important late game and allows better players to roll noobs.  The idea of a guardian slows down the game.  I like the current pace.

February 23, 2009 3:40:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've backdoor'd towers on light and dark side with a warpstone, its very difficult to hold the flags once you take them since the enemy heal crystal is nearby.

February 23, 2009 9:51:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's most deadly after the towers are no longer an issue and it's late game. Then what spawns out of the portal is more powerful than the defenses surrounding it and you can get a quick win from it.

February 23, 2009 10:19:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@DarkZakurazz holding an enemy portal is rather easy you just need to get in after each 45 seconds and keep locking it. it is really hard to counter this since all you need is 2seconds to lock the flag and you also teleport to the locked flag so there s no way the enemy knows you are comming. all you need to do this is a watch.

February 24, 2009 1:17:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn this is my favorite tactic on that map

February 25, 2009 3:16:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hrm...  Maybe it should be fixed for this map, make it an option for all maps, or do something to the map so a player would know that this is an option.  It'd be pretty to use a tactic like this as it is now because it's one of those "accidental discoveries" that very much feel like an exploit of a map bug. 

February 25, 2009 5:13:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why not when the War Rank reaches higher levels a tower or two is put up?

Like in Prison when fortresses/archer towers are added at a certain war rank.

February 25, 2009 8:52:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Towers are put up by citadel upgrades I believe, but they are also easily solo-able by that point in time, and thus only stalls a small amount. And since you can still lock the flag, with a significant creep upgrade, those towers are dead.

February 26, 2009 12:33:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

on this map it is also gamebreaking since you only have one portal once this is lost all upgrades spend on the reinforcments are lost.

February 26, 2009 4:04:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Early game if they take ur portal, doesnt than mean 2x exp for you (or more) and 0 exp for them?

February 26, 2009 4:57:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes but why would anybody take it before catas?

February 26, 2009 5:04:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

map diversity?

It's only a problem if only 1 side can do it but thats not true, anyone can buy a warpstone.

February 26, 2009 6:22:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it´s not a balance issue, it´s just lame imho

February 26, 2009 12:47:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's a fun tactic. You just need to stay alert if you have lost the center and be ready to teleport back if they try to steal it.

But perhaps some extra towers at the portal would be a good idea anyway, it should never be too easy to steal a portal.

February 26, 2009 2:44:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nah, it still feels broken to me.  It really should just be fixed so you can't do it.  It feels much more like an exploit than a strategy.

March 3, 2009 9:14:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Warp stone, and any warp for that mater, should not beable to bridge gaps.  It is ment as a meens of escape / supprise, not a way to circumvent to mechanics of folowing the flow of trafic.  There are a coule spots on diferent maps this comes into play, but on Crucible it is the most abused.

March 3, 2009 10:10:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree. I feel that this adds options to the flow of the game.  Personally I've never considered porting into the enemy base.  However, I've used it for a quick shopping trip/recharge in Crucible, as well as an opening flag grab.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.