The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Idea] Game Mode - Ambush!

By on January 30, 2009 2:47:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game mode: Ambush/Mutiny Mode

Description: A mode where hordes/waves of creeps who have started to think as individuals, decide to fight against the demigods themselves instead of doing their dirty work. As each wave goes by, they get harder and harder and more come out at a time. In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill. The game will end after a certain amount of waves.

It wont only be a single player mode, but the more people you take with you, the difficulty increases.

This mode could even use a player ranking ladder, which would be a good extra feature and may even be something that players may set a goal for themselves. "Who is the best survivor!" or "...surviving team!".

Why this mode might be good:

- Ranking is a good feature to get players to strive to become no.1 (show off skill)

- Takes you away from the Demigod vs Demigod action

- Gives people the thrill of being able to take on so many enemies at a time (for the start anyway)

Why it might not be good:

- MAYBE Generals may have trouble in this mode??

What are your thoughts??

Type "/signed" if in favor of this idea, PLUS anything else ull like to add

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
January 30, 2009 2:55:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly, I love these kinds of maps, always played them loads in starcraft and warcraft (I think blizzard even did a zerg vs terran map like this in wc3).

I doubt generals would have trouble in particular, since they have all their minions to help suck up the incoming damage.

This would definately be something I would love to see in a mod.

January 30, 2009 7:57:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah Heroes Siege worked great in Wc3 maps and It shouldnt be too hard to implement into Demigod, it would also give the game a more Co-op feeling instead of a Team Vs Team feeling.

+karma for this.

January 30, 2009 9:41:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea, maybe it could be implented in an official patch from the programmers some time after release? It should be easier for them to do that than it would be for a modder.

January 30, 2009 11:07:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this idea a bunch.  I'm thinking you'd have to remove the health crystal, or make it accessible only when you reach a time, place, or kill goal. 

Grunts should go up in armour and weapon level as well as type as the waves progress, too, otherwise you'll be able to shrug off everything they throw at you.   

Right now I'd say angels would bring the most pain - catas and giants are pretty slow...

January 30, 2009 11:42:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea - keep things fresh.

A good opportunity to implement monster units of some type as well... maybe even tag such to a map type.

January 30, 2009 11:54:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sounds like survival but technically its the same idea! I really like it and can really see it becoming popular.

+1 karma!

January 30, 2009 8:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOW, good positive feedback from everyone!

special thx to Sevenix, WarlokLord, and Bas0172

February 22, 2009 6:27:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great Idea.

also maybe you should be able to set the starting creep difficulty and amount of waves...

February 22, 2009 8:15:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would call it "Onslaught" rather than Ambush.

February 22, 2009 8:26:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds great and would love to see this implemented, IF everything else gets done.

February 22, 2009 8:53:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds cool!

February 25, 2009 4:25:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well if we can get more people to encourage this thread idea, the creators may feel inclined to implement such a mode.

type "/signed" if in favor of this idea!      more ppl the better, i guess 

February 25, 2009 4:40:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be fun, just make sure the "AoE" spells don't end up doing too much damage. I've been owning with the Torch Bearer, and that Fire Wave AoE is devastating.

February 26, 2009 6:49:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kyonu is right - The different demigods would be somewhat imbalanced. Some - Sedna, say, doesn't get an AoE ability until she is a very high level - even if she can tank a lot, the monsters would stack up until she died.

Could be cool, but it'd need some balancing.

February 26, 2009 7:40:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed  thats why Sedna would be and excellent ally to have, I also love these kinds of maps no matter what game its always fun to fight of swarms of enemies. In call of duty they made it naziz zombies in warcraft their were many of them including orc gladiators, hero somthing, and tauren defense. In starcraft's its simple terran vs Zerg. in unreal tournament 2 it was called infestation I beleive.Anyways i think this would be a wonderful mode to put in and I dodn't think it would be that challenging to put in.

February 26, 2009 8:02:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think its a great idea it reminds me of hoard mode in Gears of War 2

/signed

February 27, 2009 2:05:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Vesithen,
Kyonu is right - The different demigods would be somewhat imbalanced. Some - Sedna, say, doesn't get an AoE ability until she is a very high level - even if she can tank a lot, the monsters would stack up until she died.

Could be cool, but it'd need some balancing.

wat Soccer194 said . BUT maybe there could be a requirement where u need to be a certain level to play this mode???

February 27, 2009 3:05:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why? I mean, there could be different levels of the mode, where you have to do this and that, but... Why can't there be a game-type where you pick a random character, and start defending? Just to see if you can survive, you know.

February 27, 2009 7:31:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good point .... restricting it too much may take out the fun factor lol.

sign more!!! lol

February 27, 2009 10:37:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

only restrictions should be how the character develops in the game. Such as, not making them overpowered, etc. I'm a firm believer that all players should be able to do any game-type, unless it's a tournament.

April 20, 2009 5:04:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i thought id bring this back to the top of the forums again (with this reply) now that the game has been released and more people are playing it now.

i thought this is more appropriate than making a completely new thread.

April 20, 2009 5:23:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always loved Hero Defense/Siege maps in WC3. I'm all for this Please add this!

April 20, 2009 5:29:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be nice if you add this in a patch after the connectivity issues are solved.

April 20, 2009 5:30:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

But perhaps increasing the Demigod's levels, so instead of a skill ever level, you are able to choose a new skill every 3 level. This way you'd be able to reach a level 60 and then from there the hordes just keep increasing and there's no way you'll be able to get better (this is where it gets increasingly hard).

April 20, 2009 5:37:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been thinking of suggesting a team survival sort of game similar to this. 2 teams fighting hordes of creeps, last team standing wins sort of deal. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.