The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestions] Regulus Snipe to Target ground

By on January 29, 2009 8:41:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sevenix

Join Date 04/2008
+16

I thought about this a bit just now and I figured it would make the game more fun in my point of view so Im gonna go ahead and post it.

Make Regulus snipe an ground target spell instead of a unit target, then make it travel from Regulus in a straight path in just that direction. (the homing effect you gain by the normal unit targeting is also removed) And then make it hit the first target in its path(that is a demigod?)

Why?

First off the the regulus will have to try to anticipate his enemies moves when he starts sniping, this adds a level of gaming skill to the Regulus overall.

Second, it also adds a level of gaming skill to your opponent demigods! They will now be able to see the regulus take aim, and as such try to imagine where the regulus is aiming, is he aiming where Im running, should I change path to avoid the arrow/death?

Some stats would have to be changed to the skill too, the arrow speed should remain fast, no demigod should be able to clearly see the arrow come flying at them while they stand still and then just walk out of its path. Perhaps the damage should be increased as well as a result of the spell being Much harder to hit, making it more of a critical strike if it does though.Perhaps the last upgrade for the snipe would allow the arrow to split up on impact, creating a rain of shrapnel over a medium area behind the target. Or perhaps let the arrow impale totally and enable it to hit another target behind the first? Or perhaps take another path and make it have a slight homing?

There would be many ways of implementing this into demigod, and I do at least hope the devs will consider it as I believe it would make the game both more fun as well as raising the skill level difference which GPG seems to have been aiming for all the time.

A skilled Regulus should be able to win over an unskilled opponent in just a few minutes, just as you should be able to beat an unskilled regulus by predicting his snipes!

Locked Post 7 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 29, 2009 8:44:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should of been this way since the begining.. :/

January 29, 2009 8:50:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or make Snipe a higher teir spell, like the Dwarven sniper from DOTA, which is what Reg is trying to be, a mix of Sniper and Techies. Have the snipe spell be one of his ultimates, so it's not as strong as it is now. Or at least break off casting the snipe if the other Hero moves out of range.

January 29, 2009 8:53:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this alot

January 30, 2009 7:23:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One of the new heros in dota has this ability, WindWalker If i remember correctly. It's can be used to finish off fleeing heros but it can be avoided. Snipe is just a free kill. Kind of sucks when Regulus had no participation in the battle then you get this arrow fly acoss the map to finish you off.

January 30, 2009 10:58:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this idea a lot! Perhaps reduce the casting time a bit as well, but buff the damage some. Maybe instead of buffing the damage, give it a harsh slowing effect?

January 30, 2009 12:23:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TerroR878,
One of the new heros in dota has this ability, WindWalker If i remember correctly.

correct

I would like that too. I think the existing spell is to ego-oriented and some could try to steal kills with it because its so easy to cast.

January 30, 2009 1:20:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Something to think about - snipe currently lets you bypass everything to hit your target.  If a snipe hits the first target it comes to, whether that be an enemy demigod or an enemy building, you will have lost the ability to lasthit from across the map in alot of cases.  You will also start to get "bodyguard" tactics, where allies will shield a wounded DG from the likely angle of attack with their own bodies, until he is safely behind a wall. 

I think this removes alot of the current imbalances with snipe, but I'd like to see the ability get a slight buff as a result.  Increase damage 15% at each level to make it worth getting and we should be good. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: