The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

TAUniverse will finally be shut down...

By on January 29, 2009 5:46:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok so Listen up:

Demigod -> GPG - > Chris Taylor -> Total Annihilation -> TotalAnnihilationUniverse.com

TAU is one of the oldest modding communities to exist, it was spawned by a game CT made, and now it is going to be sold, or gone forever, TAU has had a great run, just thought you guys might want to know...

+3 Karma | 6 Replies
January 31, 2009 7:58:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Total Annihilation was a great game.  If I thought it would run on my XP system, I would try to set it up again...

January 31, 2009 8:08:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Total Annihilation plays fine on my PC with no special patches or settings.

January 31, 2009 8:46:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

XP, Vista, Total Annihilation runs fine under either.

January 31, 2009 10:39:02 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yea i agree i have it on my computer right now as we speak actually. This is really sad to hear as i have found many patches and mods on that site in the past months alone. sad to hear.

February 1, 2009 12:01:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had so much fun with TA back in the day.

I don't see any news of the shutdown on their website...

February 3, 2009 3:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im a member of TAU and the other 'universe' sites.

Nexus and Geck (the owners/admins) of the Universe sites are no longer able to host and support them. However they are trying everthing they can to keep the communities together.

The latest is: FileUniverse and UnitUniverse have shut down and their files are transfered to ModDB with a forum pending.

Supreme Commander Universe is moving to Insidesupcom.de under the guideance of Col.jessep

Total Annihilation Universe is seeking new owners, it is offered to the community first for $2000 but if no-one comes forward then it shall be sold off in parts. For more follow the thread

http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39337

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.