The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Regulus Skill Review by TheBigOne

By on January 20, 2009 8:20:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TBO has put together a really great article about Regulus's skills, only this article is about designing the skills rather than using them.  You can check it out over at Gamereplays.

The goal here is to get a good discussion going for each Demigod so that we can make the skills as great as possible.  The skills really have a huge effect on how the game plays and whether it has room for skilled players, so perfecting them is pretty important .  Please, if you have any comments or ideas, speak up.  The articles for the other Demigods will be put up as they are written.

+17 Karma | 2 Replies
January 21, 2009 3:16:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just read it. Great article.

I think everyone here should give it a read and that includes the devs. Should help them balance out regulus.

January 21, 2009 7:58:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting stuff, and food for thought.

Deadeye is indeed not that useful at the moment; the one second of stun that you can never predict isn't helpful to Regulus as you never see it coming and thus can't make any opportunity from it; the cast tme for mines is too large to get in within a second, snipe takes too long to get ready and shoot, it only offers you time to escape. I agree that changing it to armour penetration is both logical and desirable.

Snipe I am in two minds about. I despise co-ordinated snipe attacks but recognise that Snipe is his main damage spike. My chief thought on it is that you can avoid a certain amount of co-ordinated sipe attacks by changing a related, enabling skill; Tracking device. If you change Tracking Device so that only the player that places it can see the tracked target, you will cut out the co-ordinated attacks against targets hidden in fog of war but being watched by the whole team due to the one Regulus that decided to go forth and attack. The enemy team will still be able to comunicate to each other on the locations of tracked targets. For the co-ordinated attacks that happen outside the fog of war, I am less confident that those can be stopped completely. Perhaps making snipes that hit in rapid succession lose power with each hit?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.