The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A couple things

By on January 19, 2009 9:17:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First off I would like to thank the people from stardock for providing the new beta with 2 new generals. I liked having specific control over certain units with the general;I would like to send only my siege units to destroy towers and not all my people to die. 

The Unclean Beast may be weak at the first five levels, but when post mortem is used after lv5 he can be devastating. I would'nt change a thing because he is like Rikimaru from Dota without the invisibility; he is weak at the beginning, but becomes very powerful/deadly at higher levels.His starting armor needs to be tweaked a bit for more durability.

The Oak's special summoning units needs to be able to be hit by players easily. I think that the Oak has an advantage and can send in his flying spirits to assassinate a given target at any distance at will.

The Rook , yes the Rook, I hate to say this but his movement speed needs to be decreased by a substantial amount. It seems to me that it is really easy to run up to a person and hammer smash.

I was actually hoping that units that are summoned from each general were unique. Instead of being able to buy minions that are the same from the shop; each general should have their own set of minions to summon(like the special units but not).

I dont like the color tint when I lay my cursor on something, its just annoying.

I think the source code for the CPU AI needs to be simplified, it gets kinda laggy and my computer is pretty high end.

I just hope the game stays in the spirit of Dota ; that is what is gonna get this game more popularity. Advertising that will get many players waiting in line for this game.

0 Karma | 1 Reply
January 20, 2009 8:11:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tai,

I agree with most of your points, (especially concerning Rook and UB, however:

Oak's Spirits are, as far as I am aware, designed to not be able to be hit by many units. Since I play Rook and Queen of Thorns, both of whom can hit them, I never usually have trouble with them. Do they do lots of damage?

The colour tint issue is a bug.

This game apparently has many shared elements with DOTA; I don't think it should be compared to it at every turn though (even though it will be), because it should exist as its own game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.