The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Death Not so Serious Ha Ha Ha

By on January 14, 2009 2:03:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I myself rush into battle and thanks to Wagnard and Flurus give them way to many DG kills. Here is just idea I want to see what the group thinks. First I think the death of your DG should mean more and not just time off the battle field. First you should loose all your items in your inventory. Some games I have played they are gone and others they are dropped on the battle field. Next all your gold and war rank should go to zero and the gold should be dropped for the DG that ended you to pick it up. What is the thought here Frog Boy I want to hear from you also.

+4 Karma | 11 Replies
January 14, 2009 2:13:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that would be retarded, maybe sounds fun on papaer but

1- throws the balence of the game WAYYYYYYY offf

2-dropping items entilted u to auto lose the game becuase if the enemy kills u with the items how you think u can kill him when he has them and u don't have anything (balance issue again)

3- losing or dropping all money is just stupid to, I can see losing some gold or war points but not dropping it and not losing it all.

maybe like u lose the same amount that the enemy got from the kill, kinda like steal the gold.
or have certain items that drop on death but not alll of them.
one thing about the death I think is dumb tho is respawns are way to fast longest I ever had to wait is like 15 seconds. timer should be based on ur heros lvl or how good your doing or somthing. (Example lvl 1 DG 5 3second respawn lvl 25 60 seconds) makes it more dire to not die late game becuase it could be a game ender.

January 14, 2009 3:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're making the slope way too slippery.  If you lose absolutely everything when you die, then how the heck are you supposed to come back?  The other guy obviously got the better of you so there's a good chance that his character is stronger than yours anyway.  Couple that with giving ALL of your stuff to the guy who killed you, and he becomes a total monster while you are reduced to something balanced to fight a wave of minotaurs.

I agree that death penalties are rather weak at the moment.  They are barely even an inconvenience until high levels.  However, totally gimping the dead guy so it is impossible for him to make any sort of comeback whatsoever straight from the first kill in the game is retarted.

January 14, 2009 3:11:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

than basicly if u die late game your f'd. Maybe death penalty is a little weak but hears my suggestion. The more times someone dies the longer it should take to revive.

January 14, 2009 5:25:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would totally kill the game, one kill and you would be screwwed in late game.  I'd just like to see the respawn timer return to beta 1 levels.  In beta 1, the respawn timer on default felt 50% longer.  I think something close to that would be better to make death feel like a loss and more of a penalty.

January 14, 2009 6:08:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I Like That Idea   (sarcasm)

January 14, 2009 9:01:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think when you die you should get kicked from game.

January 14, 2009 9:09:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think when you die, your Impulse account should delete itself. Also a fist should come out of your screen and knock your teeth out. With a baseball bat. From hell.

January 14, 2009 9:23:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

excellent idea with heavenfall

January 14, 2009 11:29:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This reminds me of hardcore mode in diablo2.   Although it's a bad idea, they can make it like an Option in the settings.

A hardcore mode where if you die, you lose all your stuff.   It's not for everyone but i'm sure there are people who would love it as an optional setting.

January 15, 2009 6:48:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe

January 15, 2009 7:14:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First you should loose all your items in your inventory. Some games I have played they are gone and others they are dropped on the battle field. Next all your gold and war rank should go to zero and the gold should be dropped for the DG that ended you to pick it up. What is the thought here Frog Boy I want to hear from you also.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts but no thanks to that solution. Death would become too much of a big deal then i.e. you die once = you lose.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.