The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Flags: What exactly do they do?

By on January 6, 2009 3:25:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Warskullx

Join Date 03/2008
+6

The name of some flags is clear (experience) and the function of some flags is obvious (spawn flags.)  However, the numbers and functions of other flags are difficult to determine.  It is really hard to determine the balance of a map when you don't know the exact value of flags.  An example is prison.  This map feels lop sided to me, with all the interesting stuff on the goldmine/artifact shop side.  This could be accurate or I could be wrong and the experience flag could give a huge, must have bonus.

How much experience does the experience flag give, what does the Valor flag do?  Would it be possible to get the name and function of the various flags so I could make a more accurate assessment of the maps.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 6, 2009 3:30:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As frogboy states in the most recent dev diary:

3. The flags. Scattered across the arena are several different kinds of flags. Controlling flags is absolutely crucial to victory. Control of flags earns your team war points which provide access to better types of reinforcements, upgrades and more. The types of flags are:

a. Flag of Experience. Controlling this flag will result in your team gaining experience at a substantially greater rate.

b. Flag of Celerity. Controlling this flag will result in spells having much shorter cool-down times for your team.

c. Flag of Brilliance. Controlling this flag greatly increases the mana pool for everyone on your team.

d. Flag of Fortitude. Controlling this flag greatly increases the hit points for all Demigods on your team.

e. Flag of Valor. Controlling this flag greatly increases the strength of your reinforcements (hit points, attack, defense, etc.).

Hope that helps.  I have no idea what the debilitating flag does, but I think it weakens creeps (just a random guess).

January 6, 2009 4:02:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It only really helps a little.  Greatly increases could mean 25% more experience, 50% more experience, 100% more experience, or 200% more experience.  I know they'll change, but some numbers would really help.

January 6, 2009 4:32:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
January 6, 2009 5:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gnats3,
Click for knowledge 

Nice link there gnats.

January 6, 2009 6:57:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please read my forum post idea for a new flag capping mechanic and post your feedback

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/335565

January 7, 2009 3:55:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gnats3,
Click for knowledge 

Now that's some good info, perchance do you happen to know the rate at which a gold mine gives gold.

Exp flag is a lot weaker than I expected.  Rejuv seems to be the best one, followed by rejuv.  Celerity is pretty insignificant (1s off most skills.)  Along the lines of celerity, how does demigod handle half seconds?  Celerity could change a lot if the skill cooldowns go back up.  Debilitating seems fairly good too.

The exp flag side of prison seems almost worthless.

January 7, 2009 9:21:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 gold per second from each gold mine building, I think.  I assume that is 2 gold/sec for each player on the controlling team, but I could be wrong.

January 7, 2009 4:45:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gnats3,
2 gold per second from each gold mine building, I think.  I assume that is 2 gold/sec for each player on the controlling team, but I could be wrong.

That's the number I had in my head but wasn't sure of, I don't know exactly where it came from.  So 2/sec does sound reasonable.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: