The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

McMJon presents The OP Erebus build.

muhahahaaa

By on January 3, 2009 5:07:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright here it goes, my winning (broken OP) strategy for Erebus.

I feel that right now Erebus is very OP if you armor stack him and focus on coven. Try it you'll be amazed at how much you can tank and how fun it is to badly injure and chase the retreating enemy and watch them die in their base not too far from the health crystal.

Starting the match.

You started the match:

Step 1) Ok put on the anklet of speed. This baby when stacked with boots will let you mow down retreating enemies and avoid dieing.

Step 2) Buy the two cheapest armors the +600 armor and +400 health, and two tele scrolls

Step 3) Level and kill stuff and save money to purchase the below:
    1K +health armor, 1k +armor armor, speed boots, speed stick.

Step 4) Ok listen, your skills are important, focus on Bite and all the coven skills right away. Your small army of coven mixed with your bite attack, the speed you have to chase, and the armor to tank enemy and tower damage is more than enough to get the kill you need to buy what? MORE ARMOR!! Or Gold mining upgrade, minion idols, and catalizards.

Step 5) Level, Level, Cap, Level, Level, Cap, Kill... etc.. Save money.

Step 6) Choose what to buy next depending on your situation and your opponents?
    Are you still getting hurt alot?

Ok then sell the +600 armor piece and buy the 2.5k +armor piece. Still getting hurt some more? especially if your pushing hard late game, replace one of the cheap armors with a 4k super awesome armor piece.

Are you doing ok?

Alright buy the gold mining upgrade, don't worry about the other stuff till later, and don't worry if your teammate is yelling at you for not buying any citadel upgrades and angry your spending all your cash on armor, remember your playing the OP erebus build.

TIP: don't buy minion idols past lvl1 instead focus the rest of your money on other stuff. Don't worry about the batswarm skill because you have speed and you need the mana for bite and idols. Don't buy idols until you have 4/5 item slots filled with armor. Try not to die by using tele scrolls your not invincible! Play smart and everything should be GG.

Ok so there you have it.

Please try this out before posting a reply you may notice some the things I have like below:

Nightcrawlers and coven are awesome especially since most of the time you don't even have to attack creeps to get them. Notice how most of the time you just walk up to a ball of creeps and they instantly explode at your feet converting to night crawlers you didn't have to swing your weapon down on their heads and wait for them too die? Whats up with that? Don't worry too much about it because it helps you win w/ the OP Erebus build

Chasing enemies to death is great especially when to damge them all you have to do is chase haha. So you have given chase to a fleeing enemy dg notce your right on their heels your not swinging your weapon but still doing 100-250dmg?, then bite and they die? Don't worry to much about this as your playing the OP Erebus and winning is all that matters muahahahaaa.

So there you have it. This Erebus build rocks, feel free to try this yourself! I just hope that when they update him you don't nerf him to heck but fix the problems.

I know there are other factors involved but ask kira or anyone else that knows that the Armor ERebus builds is fun to play why?, because its OverPowered!

Summary:

A speedie tank with life steal snare and a buzzing swarm of minions = win!

Enjoy have fun.

0 Karma | 13 Replies
January 3, 2009 9:30:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I witnessed this, and though I'm not sure exactly how it works, he basically becomes untouchable.

January 3, 2009 10:22:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

O man, removed me from witness list... :/  Sad Kestrel

January 3, 2009 10:49:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
O man, removed me from witness list... :/  Sad Kestrel

HAHA I must have edited this bad boy 10 times. Dunno how you got removed? But yes originally I put you in there as somone who could confirm this build as something a bit tad on the OP side.

January 4, 2009 1:36:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great game mcmjon, and it does work trust me.

July 26, 2009 7:24:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you have the money, a cloak of Flames, I've found, is great fun.

And the heart of life as opposed to tele scrolls.

And a bat swarm somewhere. Not for the damage, but for the "Get out of Combat quickly" part of it.

I't fun to be attacked by 1-2 DG's and a bunch of creeps/minions and set them all on fire. Then, when health is low, Swarm out of it and leave them buring. Heal HP/MP with the orb and charge back in to some weakened DG's and creeps.

July 26, 2009 7:33:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BrownieTheOne,
If you have the money, a cloak of Flames, I've found, is great fun.

And the heart of life as opposed to tele scrolls.

And a bat swarm somewhere. Not for the damage, but for the "Get out of Combat quickly" part of it.

I't fun to be attacked by 1-2 DG's and a bunch of creeps/minions and set them all on fire. Then, when health is low, Swarm out of it and leave them buring. Heal HP/MP with the orb and charge back in to some weakened DG's and creeps.

QoT minion build I use is also very nice. Everytime I play online, all 3 enemies come to me /port to me to have a chance vs my build. Funny.

July 26, 2009 9:03:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This DOES NOT WORK. Or atleast isnt what he claims it is. The OP obviously haven't played any good players.

First, coven without improved conversion sucks, second armor is completly negated by skill spam. Yes this works good ine nd game, but what armor stacking build doesnt?

You lack batswarm, which is so good you should enver ever skip it, you skip mist which is golden for all sort of debuffs and ranged attacks, you miss stun. Seriously, the only thing you do have is bite... 

What will happen: I will first aoe or aoe stun down your minions, since you havent got creep hp and no conversion there gone. Next, ill use ability combined with a stun to burst you down. An rightly played assasin Erebus will eat you. 

This is not an OP build, if you'd like we can play a match. Although that may not work, since its so depended on teammates but whatever. I'm not trying to flame your build, but I honestly don't see anything that a normal erebus doesnt have, and a normal erebus also has mist/stun/bat...

July 26, 2009 9:08:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This was posted on jan 3rd.

July 26, 2009 9:27:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROFL.

July 26, 2009 9:28:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Goddamnit, Brownie necroed. Dont do that man.

July 26, 2009 11:02:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lulz. There is an OP Erebus build but this isn't it.

July 26, 2009 11:15:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bust Erebus Build EVAR!

p.s. who's shadow?!!!

July 26, 2009 11:25:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

ROFL.

hehe.  I'm glad you noticed that... I was just reading and scratching my head. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000765   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.