The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Balance] Unclean Beast sucks

By on December 30, 2008 4:06:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Currently the Unclean Beast is the worst of the characters. There is no one defining ability that just sucks, they all just don't play well. This is combined with his short melee range making him pretty worthless vs creeps. He can kill creeps if micro managed only.

No major initial damage abilities mean that he can't hit hard once. No superior speed (something that REALLY makes him stand out) meaning he can't slow enemies and karate-chop them to death. No high armor meaning he can actually rush in and bash hreads even though that is what he is good at.

Please consider this.

+3 Karma | 14 Replies
January 3, 2009 10:22:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's ridiculously powerful, unstoppable even, later in the game.  Once he gets good movement speed & can slow down opposing demis well then UB is insane.

January 3, 2009 11:51:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen Wagnard do some crazy stuff with UB

January 4, 2009 10:06:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cleared out an entire wave of mobs in two swings with UB and it was my fist time playing him with mediocre items and level....I think that maybe you played him badly? Try playing him again, or watch someone who knows how to play him - that would change your perspective methinks.

January 5, 2009 12:03:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I aggred with astonerbum, UB is the weakest demigod on 1 vs 1 but then again, I didnt play with it once in beta 2. Team play, I know UB can does good stuff.

January 5, 2009 12:03:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree . UB is good only VS A.I.  In real game is not really what we can call a Beast.

I do have done some crazy thing with it but it was rather because we were in a 3v3 or more and i could sneak in the fight.

January 5, 2009 2:29:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the unclean beast is good, I think part of the issue right now is that some demigods are too good.  Right now stuns are very powerful as well and can cripple the beast, but I know that's already slated to be reworked.

The thing with the Beast is, IMO, he's not a front-line fighter and a lot of people try to play him as such.  Get his movement speed up and he's fantastic as sticking and running, he just can't stand stand there and take a beating.  Add in plagues, ooze, and liberal use of Beastial Wrath and he can tear people up.

One thing he could use is a getaway ability, perhaps a Sprint-like ability that allows him to break roots/stuns and gives him a temporary movement speed buff.

There's an achievement item that gives a chance to boost attack speed by a large amount.  Equip that thing and flip on bestial wrath and it's just... sickening... what he can do.

January 6, 2009 1:37:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just... sickening...

Even...beastly?

Sorry sorry, I couldn't resist

January 6, 2009 11:46:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hahaha, that was pretty good

January 6, 2009 1:55:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hahaha, that was pretty good

Then gimme karma!

January 6, 2009 3:18:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Back to the original topic. I just started playing the UB and I'm already liking it. It certainly does not play like a front-line Demigod-smasher but it also does not suck in any way.

January 6, 2009 8:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The beast imo have been nerfed a little too much (mostly the bestial wrath).

Compare this to regulus .. hes ranged, can activate his wings to give more damage than the beast (not normal since hes ranged character so he already have advantage) and on top of this, the bestial wrath is only good for 10 or 15sec ?  while  regulus can maintain this power form for a much longer time.

Your also getting hit hard from the little lvl 1 creeps it is complicated to creep in 1v1on prison. And again , I look at reggulus who just throw mines and get away unharmed...

It is supposed to be a BEAST. It doesnt look like that in beta 2. Regulus look more like a beast lol.

January 6, 2009 10:59:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I never had any problem with level 1 creeps. Bestial Rage and that little death explosion slaughter them in no time. The difference between regulus attack and the beasts is that the beast does mass damage with the rage. This is much more powerful on creeps. Plus, the damage increases as you go up in level and damage as its a percentage. At the end levels the bestial rage allows you to do about 300 more damage per swing!

January 6, 2009 11:24:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod balance changes with the number of demigods and the size of the map, just like item balance changes. UCB is definitely not durable like Rook - but it seems like on a large map a well-played UCB could run rings around an average Rook whereas on Prison he'd get rocked in the face before you can say "Plague" - much like Regulus can dominate Prison on account of his snipe's range and damage combined with a tracking device, but isn't quite as great in a ten-man match on the Ziggurat. Oak is great - an Oak backing up a Rook is amazing. One Torchbearer is good - five Torchbearers can stun the entire enemy team for stupidly long periods of time, saturating them with AoEs all the while.

And if you think that the rage is bad, please remember that there are a variety of items that A: boost attack rate further and B: have a chance to do something on a hit. UCB gets a proportionally better chance to nail an enemy - or a bunch of enemies if he's raging. So a good strategy for him might actually be killing enemy demigods by abusing their creep waves.

Even his flavor suggests that while he's good at combat he's better at hit-and-run. He's the spirit of pestilence, with a damage-over-time attack. Trying to play him as a stand-up fighter against a Rook will probably result in you cleaning bits of Beast off of the level, yeah, but saying that he's got no other use seems a bit hasty.

January 7, 2009 12:08:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

or a bunch of enemies if he's raging. So a good strategy for him might actually be killing enemy demigods by abusing their creep waves.

You got it right there. I never bother with the DGs and mainly run away on sight. The exception to this is when a DG is running away wounded or is in the middle of a fight with another of my team. Then I just run behind him and assist. And due to the UB speed boosts I put on, they rarely escape.

But the UB is just brutal on creeps. Where Regulus needs 2-3 mine lays to waste a creep group, the UB can do it alone in a few seconds.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.