The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Skill Capping Abilities

By on December 23, 2008 12:44:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have noticed as I am sure many of you have that with demigods like Regulus when you complete the leveling of many of his skills it ends with a special ability as the last level (The stun that he gets instead of the last snipe and the 500 damage from the last angelic fury).  I really enjoy this mechanic as it rewards you extra for focusing on a certain spell all the way but also in the case of Erebus it makes you get Poisined Blood in order to get his vamp aura.  Normally poisined blood would seem like a waste of skill points as he has many stronger skills but provides interesting build options if you want to get the blood just to go vamp aura.  I am not sure if all heroes will have these cap abilities but I think it makes regulus a lot more interesting.  I am not particularely concerned with Rook or the Unclean Beast having them inparticular since they aren't completely focused on spells but for the Torchbearer (TB)  to have not of these cap skills is disappointing.  TB seems like the perfect candidate for a cap on one of his auras or something.  These cap skills would make TB more complex by making the choice of whether to go many spells or just a couple more complex.  Post your thoughts on cap skills and ideas about what I said with TB and if you think they should be added to other heroes.

+1 Karma | 6 Replies
December 23, 2008 2:38:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to totally agree.  I absolutely love regulus's last level skills.  As I am sure you know, regulus left beta 1 for some TLC.  He came back and what you have is one of the most compelling skill trees.  I would like this implemented in the other demigods as well.

December 23, 2008 3:15:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What about a fire aura that damages them or an ice aura that stuns every 10 seconds or something.

December 23, 2008 3:37:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I agree, I think all last level abilities should have some sort of special feature.

December 25, 2008 9:20:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree that all skills should end with a special ability.

December 25, 2008 10:42:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SlipperySnake,
What about a fire aura that damages them or an ice aura that stuns every 10 seconds or something.

I think I, and most others, would kill themselves if TB had an aura that stunned every 10 seconds

December 25, 2008 4:18:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this idea!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.