The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

BETA 2 IS OUT!!!

By on December 18, 2008 3:02:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is out right now.  Restart impulse or check for updates to see it.  If you are new to the beta, see my What New Beta Members Need to do to get the Beta thread.

+89 Karma | 16 Replies
December 18, 2008 3:10:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

O RLY?

They better crank on the credit card processing machines and get me mine then...

BECAUSE I gave the my CC two months ago.

December 18, 2008 3:24:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same here. I paid on 10/22

December 18, 2008 3:39:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

guys plz tell me when u get it. I ordered on like november 5th so im not sure when I will get it.

December 18, 2008 3:40:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
December 18, 2008 3:50:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*Dances as his Demigod downloads*

December 18, 2008 4:05:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YEAH BABY!

December 18, 2008 4:38:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am actually afraid to try Beta 2....they said Beta 1 would be just a stress test and not be much fun, yet I find it fun! If that is suppose to be 'not fun', my head might explode because of Beta 2.

December 18, 2008 4:50:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't worry ... if you read Frogboy's post today on Beta 2 (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/333433) you'll see that this first build of Beta 2 won't be fun either because they didn't have time to get any of the balancing worked out.

I don't think you need to be concerned about head explosions until they've had a few more weeks to get the balance numbers right <grin>

December 18, 2008 5:39:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a game doesn't have balanced to be fun.  It just won't be fun for long.

December 18, 2008 5:55:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally find it painful right now because the games take too long to finish.  There's no easy way to dominate another player who doesn't know what they're doing.  That's mainly a matter of tweaking the values of how powerful the flags are, how expensive various upgrades are, etc.

The final game experience is likely to be very different from this beta in terms of pacing, strategy, etc.

December 18, 2008 10:22:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

okay I noticed that too, but make sure that if the enemy does 1 big rush in beggining they can't rule. Maybe make flags more powerful furtherm on in games. Also a question in the citidal how does your level of war or whatever it is get increased.

December 19, 2008 9:32:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It looks like this update is missing a library named "d3dx9_35.dll".  I guess this is some Microsoft-flavored DirectFoo thingy?  I found _27 and _36 variants on my computer (presumably different SONAMEs) but not _35.  (EDIT: I found a program called "DXSETUP.EXE" in the Demigod install directory and tried running it.  Now instead of complaining about a missing library, Demigod crashes instantly whenever I try to run it)  (EDIT 2: I discovered that after I reboot the computer, I can run Demigod once and only once.  After that it crashes instantly when I try to run it)

EDIT 3: it works now.  I went through the system tray disabling or quitting all the junk I didn't need (this isn't my main computer and I haven't bothered purging the shovelware Asus put on it).  When I exited the "Qwest QuickCare" program, which must be on here from when I set my Internet connection up, Demigod was able to start again.  I have no idea why this would do it, but my problem seems to be solved.

December 30, 2008 7:56:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
okay I noticed that too, but make sure that if the enemy does 1 big rush in beggining they can't rule. Maybe make flags more powerful furtherm on in games. Also a question in the citidal how does your level of war or whatever it is get increased.

Soccer, I love this idea.  Along the same lines, maybe time the flag is captured, additional time near the flag, or money could increase a flags effect as the game progresses.  This might be nice to try out in this phase of the game.

January 1, 2009 12:56:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the longer u hold a flag the more powerful its effect is. Also frogboy can u make a post or something to say what each flag does. I mean some are obvious like a flag to get a portal but what do valor flags do.

January 1, 2009 6:26:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
I like the longer u hold a flag the more powerful its effect is. Also frogboy can u make a post or something to say what each flag does. I mean some are obvious like a flag to get a portal but what do valor flags do.

In case you didn't see it, Frogboy posted the info on flags in the new manual post.

January 4, 2009 4:01:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

one point im interested in is if there will be somethen maps which are bigger but with more "dead space", so that not everyone has only a 5-10 seconds way to go the help on another line?

thats one point i noticed why its hard to overrun a enemy. if you kill the enemy demigod, the time he needs to come back into battle if he walks is not realy long...

and maybe a combination of war idols and flags would not be bad... something like this:

if you can hold all the flags at the same time the speed the war idol is improving is higher, this also got several levels of bonus-speed.

for example if you are holding all the flags:

time          |   rate of speed increase

0-2 min     |   10%

2-5 min     |   20%

5-10 min   |   30%

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.