The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What New Beta Members Need to do to get the Beta

By on December 18, 2008 12:36:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen a number of posts around and thought I would compile a few PMs I have sent to people who have PMed me questions.  With images from the always helpful OrleanKnight.  This should answer almost any and every question.

Beta 2 RELEASED today, 12/18.  If you preordered you WILL get in today.

1.  If you have preordered, download impulse from stardocks website. 

2.  Enter the email you used when purchasing Demigod into the impulse registration, this will allow impulse to auto-import your Demigod serial number once your credit card is charged.  If you don't do this, you will have to manually enter the information once you receive an email from stardock.  The email will be titled "Thank You for Shopping with Stardock" and your serial number will be half way down the page.

3.  Click the blue orb, and enable "show pre-release versions".

The reason you can not see Beta 2 is because although you ordered it, you have not technically paid for it.  Stardock does not charge you for the beta    until the next phase starts.  Since Stardock ordering database (think purchasing department) and impulse accout registration do not interact, it is impossible for them to show your pre-release beta until you phase starts.  Very annoying and why I have complained to stardock about this very problem.  Please add to another thread of mine about this problem here.

4.  Click the blue orb and hit preferences.  Under advanced settings, then folder settings, set you install directory for games.  For me it is C:\Games.

5.  Wait.  As soon as beta 2 is released, your credit card will be charged in the order recieved by stardock.  If I recall correctly, as per previous stardock betas, it first goes by token, credit card, and then pay pal.  Each group is subdivided based on date of order.  So a token order will always be before a cc order and a credit card order will always be before pay pal.  Of course a cc order on 10/20 will be before a cc order on 12/2.  Keep in mind, no matter when you ordered, if you ordered before thursday, you WILL get the beta on thursday. To keep track of where they are in credit cards and progress of downloads and people's thoughts, log into demigod irc.  Tons of people will be there on release day.

6.  Then login into impulse again or click the "check for updates" under the blue orb, demigod will be listed on the My Games Tab.

Here is what you will see on the My games Tab.  You won't have the other games unless you bought them or you neame is OrleanKnight

7.  Then you can click the icon and tell it to install.

8.  Then wait for a fast download and asy "Hands Free" Impulse install.  Presto change-o, you can play with the rest of us.  Look forward to playing with you all soon.  Hope that is what you were looking for.

Trigeminal

+89 Karma | 31 Replies
December 18, 2008 12:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very helpful, thanks Tri

December 18, 2008 12:43:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New elements you may want to add to your guide Trig:

Email maye be titled: Thank you for shopping with Stardock

Ther is potential the name will change, but when Beta 1 was releases I recieved a second email with the same title as the pre-order confirmation.

Seondly: Blue Orb

Blue Orb

What Box to Check:

Don't forget to set your preferences and install directory!

Here is the game's tab:

And once Beta is released, and your restarted Impulse, here is what you'll see:

Select the Demigod Icon and then select Install in the bottle right hand corner.

December 18, 2008 12:50:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you Trigeminal helpful like always.

December 18, 2008 12:55:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mmm when I add demigod as a registered game.. it asks me for the serial number (which I don't have) will this come through the email?

December 18, 2008 12:59:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New Updates added.

December 18, 2008 1:00:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shedding,
Mmm when I add demigod as a registered game.. it asks me for the serial number (which I don't have) will this come through the email?

Yes, it will. Which everyone is waiting for like crazy!

December 18, 2008 1:03:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shedding,

See step 2 above.  Enter the email you used when purchasing Demigod into the impulse registration, this will allow impulse to auto-import your Demigod serial number once your credit card is charged.  If you don't do this, you will have to manually enter the information once you receive an email from stardock.

December 18, 2008 1:14:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Heres my question, I already have a copy of Demigod via another account on my computer.  And Demigod runs on my other account, which I recently pre-ordered.

Anything weird I might have to do? 

December 18, 2008 1:35:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You keep saying once your credit card is charged. However, I was charged when I purchased the game. I doubt this will be a bad thing, in fact I am hoping it may speed up the process. But as I have already been charged should I have received a key already? I ordered in September and haven't seen anything yet, just want to make sure I didn't miss it.

December 18, 2008 1:39:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The1Aaron,
You keep saying once your credit card is charged. However, I was charged when I purchased the game. I doubt this will be a bad thing, in fact I am hoping it may speed up the process. But as I have already been charged should I have received a key already? I ordered in September and haven't seen anything yet, just want to make sure I didn't miss it.

When in september?  If it was before september 18th, I would say call stardock support.  If it was after that, I would wait patiently.  I klnow it is hard to trust but it works smooth everytime.

December 18, 2008 1:43:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the bill to your credit card will come up when your game gets shipped if im right, what means you wont have to pay until release, am i right?

i didnt miss any money for the purchase until now... but played since the first day of BETA phase 1 :/

needs the card realy to be charged when pro-ordering or is it ok if its charged when the money will be taken from my card? (both times it was and will be, just interested fot the other guy ^^)

December 18, 2008 1:53:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used a pre-paid credit card as well, so that may be why.

And I do have faith, initially i entered the wrong address and was billed but received no validation that my purchase went through. The support staff helped me through that quite efficiently. Also I don't recall the exact date of purchase, however I recall being disappointed that I had missed the cut-off for beta, so I don't believe there is any fault on their end.

December 18, 2008 2:22:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stupid question: I purchased over a month ago and paid with credit card.

But i still got no serial key. Do i get the serial key today?

December 18, 2008 2:22:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I paid already for beta1 I believe.

I assume I won't pay a second time?

December 18, 2008 2:37:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"needs the card realy to be charged when pro-ordering or is it ok if its charged when the money will be taken from my card? (both times it was and will be, just interested fot the other guy)"

Your card is charged once, when the Beta is actually available to you for download.  It isn't charged at pre-order unless you have special circumstances like The1Aaron

"But i still got no serial key. Do i get the serial key today?"

Yes

"I paid already for beta1 I believe.  I assume I won't pay a second time?"

You assume correctly

December 18, 2008 3:09:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, the release is scheduled between 12:00 and 15:00 (or 3pm) CST? I believe theres only an hour left.

December 18, 2008 4:11:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah this is indeed disappointing.

As previously mentioned I ordered with a pre-paid credit card. However I purchased this when the Canadian dollar (as I am Canadian) was considerably higher, and now my purchase has been declined as the game will now cost me more in American.

And my credit card is back home about 500 kilometers north through snowy snowy roads.

Perhaps Christmas won't come early after all  

December 18, 2008 4:23:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FYI: I'm new to the beta. I pre-ordered in early October (with credit card). I use gmail, and my beta activation code (timestamp 3:05 EST) was mistakenly placed in my spam folder.

Just a heads up to others who have pre-ordered that you might want to check your spam folder.

December 18, 2008 5:03:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting mlepinski,
FYI: I'm new to the beta. I pre-ordered in early October (with credit card). I use gmail, and my beta activation code (timestamp 3:05 EST) was mistakenly placed in my spam folder.

Just a heads up to others who have pre-ordered that you might want to check your spam folder.

If you are missing information on your beta key/purchase of the preorder contact [email protected] immediately. Sales and support will not be available very much during the holidays and we would like to see that every is able to play their purchase.

December 18, 2008 5:15:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trigeminal, Je t'aime.

Now I am new to the Demigod community... btw I'm Scyld Scefing, King of the Geats; ignore my mispelled and oddly capitalized username...

Anywho, might I be so bold as to ask what Trigeminal's relationship with Demigod and Gas Powered Games is?  In some posts, he seems like a member of the company, but in other posts he seems like a member of the community.

Are you like a "super beta tester" or something, or are you just a guy who's in the know?

Quoting Stilbine,
So, the release is scheduled between 12:00 and 15:00 (or 3pm) CST? I believe theres only an hour left.
Quoting The1Aaron,
Ah this is indeed disappointing.

As previously mentioned I ordered with a pre-paid credit card. However I purchased this when the Canadian dollar (as I am Canadian) was considerably higher, and now my purchase has been declined as the game will now cost me more in American.

And my credit card is back home about 500 kilometers north through snowy snowy roads.

Perhaps Christmas won't come early after all  

Oh no!  This is so sad   I'm sorry to hear that 

The pre-order either should have either specified the amount to be withdrawn from the account in US dollars so that it would be ready to take the correct converted amount out, or the price for our brothers up north should have been specified in Canadian dollars so this problem wouldn't occcur...

Oh wait... is this guy north of Geatland... and do we Geats use US dollars...

December 18, 2008 8:54:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting scyldSCHEFING,

Anywho, might I be so bold as to ask what Trigeminal's relationship with Demigod and Gas Powered Games is?  In some posts, he seems like a member of the company, but in other posts he seems like a member of the community.

Are you like a "super beta tester" or something, or are you just a guy who's in the know?

You may be so bold.  I am a member of the community, nothing more.  I wish I was a "super beta tester".  I am just a guy whoses research has been a bit slow and I figured I would be helpful.  The only way I am in the know is because I am just the right amount of persistant on irc, just before you get to annoying.  Hope that doesn't crush any illusions.

December 18, 2008 9:44:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the problem is I don't use a real credit card as I rarely have a need for one. So when I purchased the game on a pre-authorized one I had only the correct amount of money available for the game at the time. Now as my dollar has fell in value, when they went to bill my credit card, the value I was initially supposed to have paid has changed. Needless to say I'm a little peeved but really I wouldn't have minded paying the extra few dollars for the game, I just didn't realize they would require more from me at this time, and it's unlikely I'll make it home to get my credit card and add more money in time for this beta. I would have preferred that the amount they asked when i "bought" the game was the same as the amount they are trying to take from me now.

This post is likely moot however, as it's really not the place to be lodging a complaint like this.

edit: now that I go back to look at the pre-order purchase page I notice there is a disclaimer warning me of the possibility of this very problem.

December 21, 2008 11:36:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I preordered Demigod the 20th. I did not have impulse installed or an account made. By the time I made one I have already recieved an email saying thank you for shopping with stardock. It gave me a order code, not a serial code. When I type this in impulse to register a game it comes up saying serial code not valid with impulse. So now what?

December 21, 2008 2:08:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great I sent a message to stardock asking my question about why I only recieved a order number and not a serial number and got "VACATION NOTICE: Stardock Customer Support will be closed Friday, December 19th, 2008 through Sunday, January 4th, 2009 for the holidays. We will reply to tickets on a first-come, first-served basis when we return to normal business hours on Monday, January 5th, 2009." I saw posts saying that they will leave the beta open for people who preordered after the 18th, just hope im still able to get in.

*edit* Just got another email that was suppost to send me all my stardock serial codes, none showed up because im not registered to any games. How can I have the Thankyou For Shopping With Stardock email, that shows I paid for the game but not be registered?

December 30, 2008 3:10:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
"needs the card realy to be charged when pro-ordering or is it ok if its charged when the money will be taken from my card? (both times it was and will be, just interested fot the other guy)"

Your card is charged once, when the Beta is actually available to you for download.  It isn't charged at pre-order unless you have special circumstances like The1Aaron

I don't think they're special circumstances at all, I think that's what always happens.  I just tried ordering without enough to pay for it (well, not right NOW anyway) and it quite firmly rejected it entirely - which means it tried to charge me.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.