The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Interview: Demigod Lead Designer, Mike Marr

By on December 8, 2008 1:12:31 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

GameSpot has an exclusive interview with Mike Marr, Leader Designer on Demigod.  The video is just over 5 minutes and gives a great insiders look at Demigod.

+462 Karma | 43 Replies
December 9, 2008 10:36:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Am I weird in that I'd rather read an interview than watch some guy stare into the camera for 5 minutes?

December 9, 2008 11:46:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it just me or isnt there a problem with each match not starting on equal ground? While i realize many people want to develop there avatars and stuff, thing like this can really kill a competitive game (which they claim to be) and while i havn't read so much else on the forum, it would seem from this interview that they favor farming over skill since farming = better starting point in next match, making it easier to farm and so on.

December 9, 2008 12:48:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

known2pwn, last we know is that there will be ranked games where all guys start even and then there will be this persistent world.

December 9, 2008 2:43:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

so guys, word is that Beta 2 is not coming this week, although Tri's sources are mysterious....

December 9, 2008 4:33:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kNowN2pwN,
Is it just me or isnt there a problem with each match not starting on equal ground? While i realize many people want to develop there avatars and stuff, thing like this can really kill a competitive game (which they claim to be) and while i havn't read so much else on the forum, it would seem from this interview that they favor farming over skill since farming = better starting point in next match, making it easier to farm and so on.

There will probably be standard ranked games where everyone starts equally.  I think Frogboy (the Stardock CEO, IIRC) also said that they would like to make the persistant-world games fairer by doing stuff like 2v1 with 2 weak Demigods and 1 leveled-up one.

December 12, 2008 4:34:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's LOOKING like Demigod Beta 2 will come out next THURSDAY.

So what's the delay?

The new Internet multiplayer system: Portless multiplayer.  It's a pretty huge thing that has had to be developed and tested internally as you can imagine.  So there is no router port you have to open per se, it just takes care of everything.  Sort of like Hamachi but no need for a VPN driver thing.

December 12, 2008 5:03:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Frogboy

Out of curiosity, did you guys use the work IC did on Alloy to get this going, or completely seperate process?

December 12, 2008 5:11:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank u frogboy this is what I want a reason. Also plzzzzzzzz try to get it out next thurs cause I want it for winter break.

December 12, 2008 10:11:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
Also plzzzzzzzz try to get it out next thurs cause I want it for winter break.

And I'm running out of Vacation time!

Edit: Just wanted to finally point out that Frogboy's icon looks like the frog is holding two nipples to me.

December 12, 2008 10:33:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay Teseer. We all see differnt things. cough cough guys I think he's gone off the deep end from aniticipation.

December 12, 2008 10:37:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it off the deep end to stare at Impulse all day?

I nearly fell out of my chair when my Dreamscapes needed updating. So close...

December 12, 2008 10:41:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nvm hes already drowning not falling my bad. This is serious. Theirs one cure a kick ass beta 2. So gpg/stardock when ever u need inspiration just think Teseer is drowning so best get a move on.

December 12, 2008 10:46:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Save me! (With Beta 2!)

December 12, 2008 10:49:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

beep beep beeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Owell its to late or is it. Will Teseer go crazy with anticipation findout next week thursday yeahhhhhhhhh.

December 12, 2008 11:00:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Time off request is in the box again!

December 12, 2008 11:28:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Boss: plz tell me this isn't for a game off

Teseer: no i want to take a week off for my family

Boss:what family

Teseer: look whats that. Boss looks Teseer makes a run

Boss: tells doctors about Teseer

teseer goes to a mental hospital with no demigod.

December 12, 2008 11:40:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If they gave me Demigod, I'd say take me away!

I did get a big "WHAT?!" when i mentioned it was for Demigod though.

December 12, 2008 11:46:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.