The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod vs DOTA

By on December 8, 2008 7:42:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys.

I havent had the pleasure getting to play demigod yet, but when beta2 starts i will be all over it. Im just wondering how this game matches up to dota. How similar are they in fact and in your oppinion what is the best of them? One of my biggest conserns is that i heard you can only choose from 8 different demigods opposed to 93 in DOTA. Does the increased options of speccing your hero even this out a bit? This is comming from a guy who has played +5000 games in DOTA so im really worked up about this game.

0 Karma | 212 Replies
December 11, 2008 9:49:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

JinxOfSin, you're primary argument about the Demigods not having customizability is flawed in that even you failed to mention certain factors of the game which allow players to make their own builds the way they want. Right now it's obvious that if you are to think that the meager ability tree is the key to customization, I'm afraid you've been mislead. The ability tree ultimately doesn't do much to personalize your Demigod, and in the course of battle doesn't make any dramatic changes. What does change your Demigod's playstyle is equipment and artifacts.

Some pieces of Equipment even have the abilities of other Demigods attached to them, and a lot of the equips give you powerful new abilities the root Demigod you selected never had. So feel free to point out all you like on the lack of skill tree selection, just as long as you understand there is much, much more to the game than just the skill tree which effects the performance and customization of your Demigod.

December 11, 2008 10:53:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OrleanKnight,
JinxOfSin, you're primary argument about the Demigods not having customizability is flawed in that even you failed to mention certain factors of the game which allow players to make their own builds the way they want. Right now it's obvious that if you are to think that the meager ability tree is the key to customization, I'm afraid you've been mislead. The ability tree ultimately doesn't do much to personalize your Demigod, and in the course of battle doesn't make any dramatic changes. What does change your Demigod's playstyle is equipment and artifacts.

Some pieces of Equipment even have the abilities of other Demigods attached to them, and a lot of the equips give you powerful new abilities the root Demigod you selected never had. So feel free to point out all you like on the lack of skill tree selection, just as long as you understand there is much, much more to the game than just the skill tree which effects the performance and customization of your Demigod.

I intentionally left out items from the equation as currently, the items in Demigod are considerably less varied than the ones in DoTA.  In fact, because of DoTA's recipe mechanic, it makes their items even more complex than it would appear on the surface.  Dota has somewhere in the neighbourhood of 75 items.  A lot of those items also require recipes, further enhancing the consequences of your purchase decisions.  How many items does Demigod have again?  How many will it have (this question is serious - I have no idea how much they have planned here)?

Demigod's current item system is intentionally basic - I believe beta2 will have a large overhaul on this.  However, I don't know what's to come as far as all the item implementations go so we can't really compare those aspects yet.

Finally, DoTA also has MANY items which grant you new abilities.  Sheep stick, blink dagger, wards, euls, BKB, MoM, satanic, etc.  It even has a chicken you can buy to ferry your items around.

December 11, 2008 10:59:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there are items as well in dota... (Jinx ninja posted me)

Guys seriously withhold discussion about this until we at least see beta2 and then discuss in a polite manner without bashing others or other games.

I think the planned Item count is something between 70 and 100 or so, there are like 40-50 in it currently I think.

December 11, 2008 11:04:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys seriously withhold discussion about this until we at least see beta2 and then discuss in a polite manner without bashing others or other games.

This

Edit: Also, I want a chicken mule!

December 11, 2008 11:31:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
there are items as well in dota... (Jinx ninja posted me)

If your going to say Dota is great and why its great, stop using the Hero excuse.  Examine the aspects of Dota you find fun other than the 90+ heroes because  thats not going to happen.  Give examples of more advanced skill synergies that aren't so linear.  Explain why Dota isn't noob friendly besides the hero selection.  For example map awareness and team ganks are a huge part of what make Dota a nonlinear game.  Your not forced to stay in the open terrain.  You can escape and hide and set up team fights through the  map terrain.  I love Dota and play it all the time, but I agree with the Demigod community that Dota players are simply attacking a fricken Engine build.  One thing I hate about Dota is its community, which is why I never play the game by myself.   People should stop attacking and defending the games.  Use Dota for inspiration, and maybe mention that Demigod needs to take a look at what makes Dota a replayable game besides the hero choice.  I have tried to do that in my other posts and have focused mostly on   map structure and nonlinear gameplay that allows players to leave lanes more easily.  But seriously end thread until Beta 2.  This topic is a dead horse.

December 11, 2008 11:39:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No harm in speculating though

In all seriousness, if we can keep discussions civil regarding demigod vs dota comparisons, the threads can be very constructive for GPG/stardock.  On the one hand, they're trying to make the game more mainstream.  However, I'm pretty sure they don't want to alienate DoTA players and would like Demigod to be attractive to them.  I used to be a very hardcore dota player (you can probably tell) and most hardcore dota fans I know who tried this game are now getting disillusioned.  Our complaints and comparisons are a product of that.  Ke5trel's always civil, but many others take the complaints as some sort of blanket "demigod sucks" statements.  That's pretty absurd - we bought the pre-order after all so we have as much vested interest in its success as you do.

If you don't want to participate in the debate, just ignore the thread.  It's pointless to demand silence.

December 11, 2008 12:17:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For example map awareness and team ganks are a huge part of what make Dota a nonlinear game. Your not forced to stay in the open terrain. You can escape and hide and set up team fights through the map terrain.

I'd really like to see a thread on this.  It's hard to play a harrassment build if the terrain won't support asymmetrical action. 

Give examples of more advanced skill synergies that aren't so linear.

Innociv posted on this way back when, but it would be nice to see some updated perspective on this too.

most hardcore dota fans I know who tried this game are now getting disillusioned

Why?  Specifically?  What can be done to "bring back the magic?"

December 11, 2008 12:35:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think one of the main reasons why DoTA fans are unhappy is partly because we're a bit too conservative.  We're used to the aspects that made DoTA pros "pros".  Things that would contribute to this would include (apologies for jargon - just ask if something's not clear)

-last hits/creep denies

-map awareness** <- most critical

-effective jungling (basically not participating in the normal lane squirmishes and just killing neutrals.  for example, TB is a great char for this)

-counter jungling

-solid understanding of heroes strengths and weaknesses

-solid understanding of heroes synergies with each other and how certain team makeups are more than just the sum of their parts

-all recipes memorized so you know what people are building

-most builds memorized so you know how people are levelling their hero

-knowing when and how to harass

-knowing when and how to gank/ambush

-reaction time and apm

Again, I haven't played in 2 years, so the game has probably evolved quite a bit since then.  However, back when I was playing, these were the indicators of someone's skill level at the game.  Unfortunately, most of the skills do not translate well to demigod.  That is, their game isn't designed ina way that requires high levels of some of the aforementioned skills.  For the most part, they can probably achieve many of these with some good number tweaking and rebalancing (ie. making creeps stronger and worth more so 'last hits' is more important).  However, it's also imperative that they fix their UI as it doesn't feel as tight and responsive as wc3's UI.  Without tight and responsive UI, the hardcore competitive people will shun it.  Likewise, if you don't allow for really deep and skilled micro.

Imagine if counterstrike didn't have headshots and no matter where you shot them, it would deal the same damage.  To a noob, it wouldn't affect much.  However, that'd put a hard limit on max skill level attainable.  By enabling headshots, you drastically raise that ceiling.  Same thing goes for Starcraft.  I don't think the concept as we know today as starcraft micro was part of their design.  However, because of that micro, it widens the gap between 'pros' and 'noobs'. 

In order for a game to be embraced by the hardcore competitive folk, the game needs to have features which allow people to really "GET GOOD" at the game.  In other words, the distance between a 'noob' and a 'pro' should be a near endless chasm.  That said, the game doesn't need to be noob-unfriendly, although it will often degenerate into that unless the noobs can practice (that's where a good single player can help).

December 11, 2008 12:35:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kestrel makes a good point. The thing I hear from DotA players most is that there aren't "enough" heroes. Whether or not this ends up being good or bad (I personally think it will be just fine), that isn't going to change. We're never going to see 90+ Demigods.

So what can be done to make it a game you WILL enjoy, instead of commenting on things that cannot be changed?

EDIT: Jinx beat me by 18 seconds

December 11, 2008 1:02:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all, Jinx post=win

Second, We or at least I don't need over 9000 heroes, but 8 won't even permit 5vs5 matches despite that there's a 5vs5 map. At launch they would need at LEAST 10. And even then, no matter how customizeble a hero can be it would get stale with only 10. The variety of match ups would be very limited and there would be alot of times where you would feel like you already had that hero as an ally 10 times in a row already.

December 11, 2008 1:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice constructive roundup, Jinx.  It sounds like you want deep gameplay without removing accessibility -

In order for a game to be embraced by the hardcore competitive folk, the game needs to have features which allow people to really "GET GOOD" at the game. In other words, the distance between a 'noob' and a 'pro' should be a near endless chasm. That said, the game doesn't need to be noob-unfriendly, although it will often degenerate into that unless the noobs can practice (that's where a good single player can help).

What's interesting is how similar this sounds to Frogboy's perspective here

Some choice quotes:

The objective is to create items that help differentiate between experienced players and new players.

We don't want the game to get into a stalemate but rather ways in which good players can magnify their damage too.

And I think alot of people, including Jinx, objected to the way in which this is implemented in that thread - with DG-specific items.   The intention remains the same from both sides, though, which should be encouraging. 

So what are some other ways we can create deep gameplay using DoTA's lessons, in Demigod?

Edit:  Think about it this way, Teh_Senkon -  DoTA is a mod built on an ancient engine by one guy and maintained over the years by two others.  The engine has limitations and the crafters had finite resources, but they still managed to rock.  Let's pretend number of demi's is a given limit of 8 at release - it's a rule of the universe.  Within that limitation, what can we do to make a great game?   

December 11, 2008 1:40:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And I think alot of people, including Jinx, objected to the way in which this is implemented in that thread - with DG-specific items. The intention remains the same from both sides, though, which should be encouraging.

So what are some other ways we can create deep gameplay using DoTA's lessons, in Demigod?

There's a lot of things in my above post that can be translated to demigod if they really tweak their numbers.  Creep last hits and creep denies are easy to implement and are highly rewarding when you get good at it. 

They also need to make sure that you never, ever fight with the UI.  The UI should honestly feel like your brain is directly commanding it.  There shouldn't be a "translation layer" where you have to think what you want to do then think about how to do it.  It's really hard to put that part into perspective right now because the current Beta's UI is absolutely a train wreck.  Beta2 promises to fix some of the shortcomings so we'll see.

They also need to implement things that can help you have better map awareness.  Heroes should have an outline or something to help you distinguish them from the creeps in the battlefield.  On the minimap (which is coming in beta 2), they need to have large, clear icons telling a)what team they're on and b ) which player they are and c ) what hero they are (this one is optional).  I'm 99% sure this will at least be implemented, since it's such a basic concept.

They can also implement features that benefit from twitch skills.  Even Dota benefits from good apm and demigod should be no different - especially if they want to attract competitive gamers.

Another critical thing they need is to deal with momentum.  If a team has a strong momentum and is doing well, they shouldn't automatically win because of it.  The losing team needs a way to fight back otherwise there will never be a point in playing a game to completion.

Hero-wise, I honestly can't really see it get to the level of dota with the current information they've given us.  It may be a preference thing, but I really think that 8 heroes, each with ~8 skills, will get stale pretty quickly.  If they can somehow keep it always feeling fresh and really ensure that no game plays the same, then i'll be happily wrong about this.

Now, going back to the items.  Item depth can also really help the game's level of depth.  However, if the items degenerate into more-or-less of a case of rock-paper-scissors, then you're actually taking several steps backwards, imo.  Personally, I liked the recipes from DoTA but i can see how they'd pose a barrier to new players.  That said, GPG/stardock needs to come up with something that makes its item system a system that warrants some degree of studying and experimentation. 

I'd also like to make a point that gpg/stardock needs to beware adding things for the sake of adding it.  When you shovel features into a game that aren't really related, or don't compliment the central gameplay, the game will end up feeling like a smorgasboard of fluff.  The most critical thing is to ensure that the foudation of the game is rock solid before adding stuff.  They need to make sure that even at "level zero", without the distracting additions, the game still has many degrees of complexity.

Lastly, they also need to REALLY beware adding "cop-out" features.  Let's suppose there's a feature that's suppose to either solve a design problem or introduce a layer of strategy.  However, when the designer can't really think of a good way to intrinsicly make the feature a part of the game and instead unelegantly slaps it on, that's a cop-out feature. A good example of this is when there's something intrinsicly broken with the game and instead of correcting the problem at its roots (that might mean tweaking the engine itself or its battle system), they throw on a band-aid to 'patch it up'.  The problem hasn't gone away, it's just not as obvious.  When people get to the "pro level" the flaw will become significantly more visible.

December 11, 2008 3:44:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just because you have the same ally doesn't make it stale teh senkon. I myself like a game basicly the same as Dota because I hate Dota because every time i tried it people kept cursing at me because I was nub and didn't help me when the other team teamed up on me. It is called tides of blood. Their are 16 heroes 8 good 8 bad. Basicly people use the same heroes every time but it still doesn't get old. It how people use their heroes which is important and how u team up. Saying Demigod's going to be bad gets us no where. Also you can have multiple people with the same hero in 1 game. Also you keep saying they need more Demigods yet each demigod takes 100,000 dollers to make. They would go poor. Also the game is not meant for variety of stuff but variety of ways. With each demigod you have many possible things u could do. I have another thing to add their should be a way so if someone on your team leaves your not f'd to say the least. I would suggest an a computer takes over.

December 11, 2008 4:48:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think some of this stuff will be addressed with Beta 2 release, but -

Creep last hits and creep denies are easy to implement and are highly rewarding when you get good at it.

A decent explanation of last-hitting and denying can be found here if you don't play DoTA. 

Another critical thing they need is to deal with momentum. If a team has a strong momentum and is doing well, they shouldn't automatically win because of it. The losing team needs a way to fight back otherwise there will never be a point in playing a game to completion.

This is part of why they brought the flag mechanic in.  How could flags be implemented to better allow dynamic play?

GPG/stardock needs to come up with something that makes its item system a system that warrants some degree of studying and experimentation.

No one will disagree with you here.  There's been debate about recipes, and we've seen some threads that present alternate systems.  Regardless, this is the thing on your list that I think will make or break the game.  The item system must be fundamental, polished, accessible, and deep. 

December 11, 2008 10:08:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Teh_Senkon,
but 8 won't even permit 5vs5 matches despite that there's a 5vs5 map. At launch they would need at LEAST 10. And even then, no matter how customizeble a hero can be it would get stale with only 10. The variety of match ups would be very limited and there would be alot of times where you would feel like you already had that hero as an ally 10 times in a row already.

I agree, althought there is a much higher degree of customization per character, if the game is released with only 8 it would be very terrible for "keeping the gameplay fresh" once someone has been playing for an amount of time. Granted there does not need to be the huge amount DOTA has, although having enough to not see the same Demigod's in EVERY match would be great and would help attract more of the fence sitters to the game.

December 11, 2008 10:24:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
I myself like a game basicly the same as Dota because I hate Dota because every time i tried it people kept cursing at me because I was nub and didn't help me when the other team teamed up on me.

I hate to sound elitist, but again, if you haven't gotten really good at DoTA, I don't think you can properly compare the two.  Most of DoTA's gameplay is not apparent to beginners (same way went for me at first).  Allowing multiple heroes (especially a low number) won't make the game fresh unless the heroes can diversify themselves.

Basically, if you go the dota route, you can have relatively simple heroes and tons of them.  The heroes will each have a certain niche to fill and slightly differing gameplay from other heroes.  Their combos and synergies will be different.  Note that even in dota, heroes DO HAVE multiple build paths and multiple playstyles.  to say that each hero has only a single build is just WRONG.

If you want to go the Demigod route, you need to make sure that they have an extremely diverse range of customizable options.  Moreso, you also need to make sure that the same demigods can have drastically different end game.  In DoTA, although most heroes have multiple build paths, in the end game, those multiple build paths tend to converge.  If demigod can make it so that at the level cap, the builds are radically different - ie. the builds DO NOT converge, then that'll be a good start to ensure diversity.  However, if they do converge, the game would basically be the same as DoTA but with 8 heroes instead of ~90.

December 11, 2008 10:36:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well put.

December 11, 2008 11:08:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The above being said, I do hope that, to meet the standards placed by DOTA, we get many more characters in expansion packs.   Like more than 2 per expension (unless the expanions do something else really cool)

I also am cursed at f or being a noob.  Which is why demigod excites me .    I like DotA, but I find it frustrating because I suck at it.

December 12, 2008 1:28:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that if they really want to make the demigods deep and feel different by end game they need to add way more active and passive skills to each demigod.  My only concern with that is will the average player feel that it is too complex when they see a huge skill tree with tons of paths they could take for anything.  Right now it seems that each demigod has in the range of 6-8 active and passive skills what if this was 12-16?  I think that their would be an incredible amount of depth to each demigod but would it be too much?

World of warcraft is a pretty noob friendly game and by end game each character has in the range of 50+ spells (I havent played in over 2 years but rememering the 4 or 5 skills bars with 12 slots full is what I remember).  Maybe having double digit spells and abilities would not be so bad?  Maybe a way they could introduce more skills into the game could be something like the achievement items they have planned.  That way it would be something fun to unlock for each demigod adding depth but dont make the added skills any more powerful than the current ones.  Everything needs to keep balance for the people that have 100+ hours and unlocked everything and someone with <10 hours. 

I cant wait to see what beta 2 will bring

December 12, 2008 10:41:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If demigod can make it so that at the level cap, the builds are radically different - ie. the builds DO NOT converge, then that'll be a good start to ensure diversity.

this

December 12, 2008 11:07:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JinxOfSin,
[quote who="C.C|L|Clyne." reply="12" id="1969859"]
The problem with Demigod is that the demigod's are so expensive to make.  So, they did a little PR spin on it and claimed that it had vastly more quality than the quantity of dota chars. I would agree with this if the sum of the Demigod's skills were almost at the level of the sum of the DoTA skills, but they're not.  Not even close.  So far, Demigods have about 7 skills each (+1 with stats).  In Dota, each hero has 4 skills (+1 with stats).  Demigod will have 8 heroes.  Dota has nearly 100.  ~56 is a lot less than ~400.

how long does dota now exist in WC3? over 4 years. it started in RoC and involved over years... how many heros were available on release of DotA ? i meant dota, not the allstars version. something about 20? i dont think that there were that many...

the point is, you cannot criticize a game in development for beeing not as worked out as a game which is 4 years old or even older...

in my opinion they are not releatable... in somethin about a year you can start to figure out what is better, dota or demigod. actually it is definately dota because it is very variable got a lot of stuf ans is fully worked out. the balance in public games still sucks but hey... who cares?

and you need to look at the possibilitys of demigod at the moment and those, dota has. a gigantig community with "new hero suggestions" and many people working on it. i dont belive icefrog is doing all on his own. maybe the tuning and so on but the creative parts not... demigod hasnt got a easy to use editor for creating characters and maps in a few minutes (i'm well known in the map editor of wc3, its not a big deal to set up a hero like the pudge, only the invoker is something a bit more difficult i would say). but as the devs said this will maybe come for demigod as well..

as well as the poossibility to create own demigods an send them to them as a suggestion for implementation in further fee updates...

games are in these points like wine and cheese... they need time to evolve to become perfect. even if demigod is close to that final objective in my opinion

the only point in demigod what i miss is something like a skill/levelcap difference licke 1/2... so that every demigod got ca. 20 passive and active skills but he could never use all of them not even on max lvl. that would bring up more difficulty to the skilltree... skilling simply everything is not a hard thing to handle...

December 12, 2008 11:27:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now, I'd like to share some insights once again after reading through the thread. As someone who tried to take part of the DotA game, I will admit I found it very daunting to enjoy the game for what it was - a game. My biggest issue was the level of seriousness that the players too part it really turned it off to a larger crowd community, and merely restricted it to the shut-ins who wanted to find something new after the Counterstrike fad had came to a conclusion. I imagine hardcore DotA players are once again looking for yet another Counterstrike, and some of them may be hoping to transform Demigod into that vessel of elitist joy they gorged upon so much when DotA was in its prime some years ago. 

Since DotA has fallen from grace, not in gameplay, but merely in the line of "Wow, why am I still playing this game?" standpoint - we must ask ourselves "Is Demigod the next fad?". At this stage in Beta, that is impossible to tell, but let it be known that the chance could arise. And that may actually prove to be problematic to the larger success ratio of the game itself within the market. Should this happen, we must understand that the elitist market has a tendency to push and shove away as many players as possible from their beloved game. Why not? That only reduces the competition and assures more success. I was turned off by DotA because I could not have fun with the game - the players themselves sucked away the fun from me as though it was precious life to fuel their own vigorous flame. 

I enjoy easy going RTS games, games I can sit down and enjoy in a quick sitting and be on with my busy life style. I do not desire to waste my life away in front of a computer, or spending it with my Demigod-Clan on Saturday nights, all night, training and bashing away on keys and mouse clicks in order to prepare myself and my team mates for the next viritual MLG major tournament hosted on 1 television network with a $10,000 cash prize. 

But doesn't every RTS, any popular RTS I should say, suffer from this flaw in their community? 

I for one think so, and I feel it is those players who are more serious and dedicated to their game which can potentially hinder other players from really sinking their teeth into the world of Demigod. If anything comes out of this discussion, I'd like it to be an understanding that not everyone wants Demigod to be transformed into DotA. I include myself in that number of people who wish not to see this game become it, and hope very much for a fresh take on something new and interesting. With this being said, I do not want to shut out the elite community. I bare not hard feeling to them for ruining my favorite games. 

There just needs to be an understanding, mainly on the developers side of things, that the two communities really need to be separated. For instance, I will not have very much interest in online Tournaments if they are constantly infested with uber elites who demand a level of play style equal or greater than their own in order to succeed. I'm sorry, I'm a casual gamer. I have a life, and I produce artwork and write, and I enjoy that life style. I want to take part in Demigod Tournaments where people are more my standard of play, and I get rewarded equally to that of the Hardcore players. 

A potential monkey in the clockwork of that scheme is that the Hardcore players can bleed over into to the tamer Tournaments in order to achieve an easy victory. Crafting a way to keep the Hardcore folk separated from the Casual folk would be nice, complicated, but ultimately very necessary if this games begins to appeal to DotA fans. I don't want to have to feel as though I'm inferior to someone because I choose not to spend all hours of my life playing a single game. 

I don't mean this post as an attack, it's a serious and valid concern and an expression of past experience with the DotA/Counterstrike community.  

December 12, 2008 1:42:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OrleanKnight,

You have captured my feelings almost exactly.  

I have confidence that they can make a casual gamer friendly game that also fulfills the needs of the gamer-by-profession type of person.   For right now, I want a game I can play with my son and brother on a weekend and just have fun, I don't want something that is impossible to enjoy or "play correctly" without investing 20 hrs a week with it.

December 12, 2008 2:00:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regarding quality versus quantity, I should point out that it isn't just a matter of game mechanics. Demigod oozes style, and Demigods have character. They are interesting, beautifully modelled and animated, even the paragraph each of backstory we've had so far is good.

I think Dota is based around an excellent concept, and I'm pleased to see it realised as a retail game. I don't think that all DoTA's little quirks and minutae (some merely holdovers from WC3) are necessary to make the game good though, and am pleased to see GPG take Demigod in their own direction.

December 12, 2008 3:38:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Jinkof sin tides of blood is a game based off of dota and it is for people who hate Dota because of the community so they switch to tides of blood and get good at it. BUt since I know they are like the same gamesI can compare. Also I think Orlean u show what I think alot. I was also turned off by the community and its not entirely their fault because I have to admit when I get really good at a game which usually doesn't happen so when I do I have to admit I am annoyed at begginers. That is why I propose 2 sections in online multiplayer. One section is for noobs (not offensive) other for pros. If they could make it so it does a win lose ratio of the last 6 game you have played and sees what place u got in them. If u did really good u can only do pro. If u did really bad ucan only do noob. If your in the middle u pick.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.