The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

SupCom2

By on November 13, 2008 1:10:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For those who dont know, Developer Gas Powered Games, creator of Demigod, Dungeon/Space Siege, and Supreme Commander have made a partnership with Square Enix to create Supreme Commander 2!

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=32772

+3 Karma | 30 Replies
November 13, 2008 4:15:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm surprised it isn't with stardock :/

November 13, 2008 4:23:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Been posted here before

November 13, 2008 4:52:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I AM GOING TO GET THIS GAME EVEN IF IT SUCKS!!!!!

November 13, 2008 11:18:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*spoiler alert* It won't suck. SupCom is one of my favorite rts's of all time.

November 15, 2008 4:41:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yea its one of mine 2 so that is why im saying even if it did suk, id still buy it, hence my avatar

November 15, 2008 10:41:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As long as the ACU stays the slow powerhouse, rather then a flying quick and nimble anime thing, I'll be happy.

November 17, 2008 9:35:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i knew there'd be another supcom, you juste have to take a look at the short vid of QAI reactivating itself at the end of the campain to know that the conflict isnt over.

I just hope they keep it as a slow-paced game with lots of awesome units and huge battle-maps (+ a good storyline of course)

the only thing im sad about is that there were less vids in supcom forged alliance, i rlly liked the way they made the story come to life with all the different armies of the game in the original supcom.

November 17, 2008 11:30:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indeed, I hope they add in more factions, though I'm not sure how they would fit into the story line. QAI might create his own "All Robotic" faction or something like that. The would be pretty cool, and it would make since because QAI would have alot of room to expand and everything since man kind is scattered and shell shocked after forged alliance!

November 19, 2008 8:08:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

QAI might create his own "All Robotic" faction

What would that new faction look like ? Would the units and structures look very Cybran, showing the link with QAI 's origins, just like with the Aeon and Seraphim ?

Or would it be something totally different ?

For my part, i think it would be a mix between Cybran and Seraphim with an extra dose of something new, because he was created by the Cybran but later served the Seraphim and you always need something new when creating a new faction. That would be one hell of a mix.

November 21, 2008 4:59:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i think the game should have a type of gameplay like the old game by midway rise and fall civilizations at war where you can actually control the faction leader (acu) and also build units in a different strategic view while also control them while in the "hero" view. 

November 21, 2008 5:06:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

supreme commander 2?

ohnoes   please let em krink down system requirements this time,  im still unable to play supcom 1 & expansion  on any map larger then 2 v 2   even with quadcore, 512 video   2048 ram

November 21, 2008 5:07:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting gamerking345,
I AM  GOING TO GET THIS GAME EVEN IF IT SUCKS!!!!!

lol,  thats a nice quote. maybe ima put that in my sig ..... if i may

November 21, 2008 8:34:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

go ahead, i really could not care less...   have fun with it.  

November 22, 2008 6:02:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rather than adding new factions, I'd prefer them to do more work on diversifiying the existing factions, and making all their units interesting and useful. There is too much stuff in the game that never gets used.

Other than that, it's a good formula and shouldn't be changed too much. With Forged Alliance especially, I've had some absolutely fantastic lan games which swung one way then the other as we built up, blew each other to the stone age, and then threw our remaining stuff at each other to try to claw some sort of victory out of the burning rubble.

November 22, 2008 6:34:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't wait for SupCom 2!

I also wonder what shall become of the legendary Solar Bean.

November 24, 2008 3:46:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cant wait, never could master the game online though. Single player and the campains where great though.

November 24, 2008 4:12:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I also wonder what shall become of the legendary Solar Bean
God only knows!

(assuming he actually does)

November 24, 2008 4:19:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I had to do some serious modding to really enjoy Supcom, but it was indeed a wonderful game, even if it makes me reinstall Total Annihilation and it's mods too just for the nostalgia factor.

November 25, 2008 12:54:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_of_Light,
supreme commander 2?

ohnoes   please let em krink down system requirements this time,  im still unable to play supcom 1 & expansion  on any map larger then 2 v 2   even with quadcore, 512 video   2048 ram

WTF crappy machine do you have? I have quadcore, 8800GT (Note, VRAM is completely irrelevant) and 4096 (did just as well on 2048) and I could play the biggest games for the longest times. With that spec all should be abso-lutely fine.

November 25, 2008 1:06:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Shadow_of_Light,
supreme commander 2?

I think your quadcore might be the problem, ask around some support forums to see if SupCom run well on a quadcore.

You know, 4 heads is not better than 1, if each of the 4 want to go in a different direction from the others.

December 19, 2008 2:39:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

anyone heard any new info on this?

December 19, 2008 4:55:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting UEF Soldier,
I can't wait for SupCom 2!

What? Solar Bear?

December 19, 2008 5:19:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting UEF Soldier, reply 15I can't wait for SupCom 2!

What? Solar Bear?

sigh, kids these days no nothing of the fabled and legendary past.

those were the days my friends, those were the days.

December 19, 2008 5:25:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Need pics...feature list...now....

December 20, 2008 4:18:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting UEF Soldier,
sigh, kids these days no nothing of the fabled and legendary past.

those were the days my friends, those were the days.
"Next up on VLTV; "When forum in-jokes collide!"

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.