The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How do i get active in the beta?

By on November 8, 2008 4:57:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been navigating the site for a long time, and I can't find a comprehensive guide to how I start playing the beta. Me and my friends are interested in playing the beta right now. What steps do we take? I know we have to pre-order to game which I will do, but then what? Do I then get emailed a beta key and then download the beta from somewhere? Is there an online server up that people are playing games on? A link to a guide of how to get active in the beta would really help me out. Thanks.

0 Karma | 14 Replies
November 8, 2008 5:29:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

currently beta 1 is closed to new testers, but beta 2 will be open to all existing testers and people that have subsequently pre-ordered.

once beta 2 rolls out, you'll be able to download it via Impulse (it's a lot like Steam, if you want something to compare it to) once StarDock emails you the key.

i expect beta 2 will be before the month is out, so don't fret about not being able to play. just feel free to read through the forums so you know what to expect.

cheers.

November 8, 2008 5:36:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, so I'll be ok if i pre-order during beta 2?

November 8, 2008 5:52:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ah Great, just preordered Demigod after seeing the interview on g4tv. Was sortof wondering how to get into beta meself. cant wait

November 8, 2008 6:19:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Xlyger74, you have to preorder before beta2 or in the first days of beta2 to be in as far as I know, and I know it pretty sure

November 8, 2008 9:22:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Once you are able to download Demigod with Impulse, you can follow this guide to play:

Hamachi Guide

You'll want to look around in the Demigod chatroom in Impulse to find a network that isn't full, but otherwise that guide should work.

November 8, 2008 9:55:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah but, Gnat3, isn't beta 2 supposed to include fully-fledged online play?

November 8, 2008 9:57:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that's the idea, isn't it?

Which deserves a giant WOOT.

November 8, 2008 1:07:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't believe in software developers' promises until it actually happens

November 8, 2008 4:55:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

any idea when beta 2 is coming out

November 8, 2008 5:55:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy
My guess is before Thanksgiving.

Was the last info I read on it in THIS post.

November 8, 2008 11:17:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I purchased the preorder today, downloaded Impulse, and tried to register Demigod with my Order Number (It didn't work). Do I need to wait for a different number to come in the mail to register my product? and then will it automatically allow me to download the Beta client once my product is registered?

November 8, 2008 11:20:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When the Beta 2 is released, you'll get you serial. Register it to your Impulse and DL Demigod.

November 8, 2008 11:37:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, thank you. Sorry about my ignorance here- it's late and I read, but somehow didn't process, that the next beta isn't out yet! >< I eagerly await its release....

November 11, 2008 5:49:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BulletMagnet,
ah but, Gnat3, isn't beta 2 supposed to include fully-fledged online play?

Gonna be sweet if it works out - the SD devs are supposed to have Impulse matchmaking up in time for Demigod Beta 2 and also for SoaSE 1.1.  Dunno who plays Sins here, but it's gonna be mondo easier to get a quick match in either game...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.