The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

So who here is Smite-alious?

By on November 7, 2008 8:48:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

anyone?... I know I am

+3 Karma | 24 Replies
November 7, 2008 2:30:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am so smite-alicous.  I was thinking of doind a bug report because there it is just smite-alicious after 4 kills.  I should be even cooler for stringing 7 together.  Better yet, it should be better balanced with items and abilities.

November 7, 2008 6:19:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was OH MY DEMIGOD!!!

November 8, 2008 4:48:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Smite-alicous is better, sry...

November 8, 2008 5:34:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol how bout that dude who said    oh with the update i think they added the phrase  oh my demigod!    lol

my fav is when it gets to skipping,,,    "OH..OH..OH..OH..OH MY..OH MY..OH MY DEMIGOD!"

November 8, 2008 6:00:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bearschools,
lol how bout that dude who said    oh with the update i think they added the phrase  oh my demigod!    lol

my fav is when it gets to skipping,,,    "OH..OH..OH..OH..OH MY..OH MY..OH MY DEMIGOD!"

I've never heard it skip like that.  For me it queued the Smite-alicious and God-Like up so that for 30 seconds after I heard you are victoious the Smite-alicious and God-Like were still going off.

November 8, 2008 6:21:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
For me it queued the Smite-alicious and God-Like up so that for 30 seconds after I heard you are victoious the Smite-alicious and God-Like were still going off.
Maybe it should combine several into one phrase like, "Multiple smites!" or "Four smites in a row!" then it has less to queue up.

"Six ... no, Seven! Smites in a row, awe-smite!!"

November 9, 2008 12:28:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL I was smite-alicous for the first time today. I guess I sucked in the other betas.

November 9, 2008 3:29:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting cheeop,

Maybe it should combine several into one phrase like, "Multiple smites!" or "Four smites in a row!" then it has less to queue up.
"Six ... no, Seven! Smites in a row, awe-smite!!"

I'd like more ridicolous smite quote.  I imagine they plan to add them.  I think in future more balanced betas, 6 kills in rapid sucession will be a thing of the past, but  I think there should be more for kills in a row.  As opposed to ending with "Oh my Demigod", I imagine they will add a few more.

November 9, 2008 3:56:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

whatever they do, the epicness of the SMITER, or OH MY DEMIGOD, or DEVESTATING, all those,,,,,  loven it

November 10, 2008 1:11:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's funny, people either seem to enjoy the "Oh my Demigod!" "Double-smite!" stuff or really hate it...judging from comments on gameplay vids, it makes alot of Internet Men ANGRY!!

November 10, 2008 7:25:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I have seen all the people say they don't like them.  Personally, if they want to change the voice actor, fine.  But I think it should stay in.  It is ridiculous and over the top in a good way.  My GF who hates video games heard and was like "is that you game, that is so cheesey, i like it".  There is something fun about a game that realizes your goal should be to enjoy yourself.  God forbid we not take ourselves completely serious evey second that we are attempting to ascend to the pantheon of the gods. 

November 10, 2008 7:32:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it

Mucho

November 11, 2008 11:57:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They could always add an option to turn off the announcer. That way we could all enjoy hearing how smite-alicious we are without putting off the people who don't like it.

November 12, 2008 8:37:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"OH MY DEMIGOD!"  Here too.  The Unclean Beast is ridiculous...

November 12, 2008 9:16:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When they added UB, everyone is smite-alicious these days.

November 12, 2008 2:25:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After about 7 or 8 kills, anyone gets pretty rediculous with this build.

TB/Rook included.

November 24, 2008 12:05:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

last game i played, i had about 34 kills.  i would just wait outside of their base and take them out one at a time.

only heard "OH MY DEMIGOD" after a majority of those kills.  never smite-alicious.  how does one acquire such a title?

November 24, 2008 3:59:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Think Kill-tacular

November 24, 2008 10:18:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a lot in a row

April 13, 2009 6:37:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd just like to bump this to say I miss this.  Frankly, I miss "Oh my Demigod.", too.  But with four consequetive kills you got "Smite-o-licious".  They should really bring that back.  That was my first Holy $hit moment in Demigod.  It showed just how intense the game could be and at the same time have a bit of tongue and cheek to it.  Made the game very endearing.

Anyone agree?

April 13, 2009 6:43:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure, funny announcements are always fun.

Also, today, I was playing as Regulus; I killed someone and then gave a move order or something immediately afterward, and heard Regulus say "Wait for it" and then immediately afterward the announcer said "Godlike!"

April 13, 2009 6:45:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I miss 'oh-my-demigod" too, it was so perfect.

April 13, 2009 6:47:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awe, so what are the announcements now since they removed those couple? i was really looking forward to my first "Smite-o-licious"

April 13, 2009 7:25:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

smiter, rampaging, scourge, apocalypse, godlike...i think there are a couple others in between

oh my demigod was pretty nice.

i miss "wicked sick!" and "holy shit" from DotA, "killing spree" was nice too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000687   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.