The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

RPG Vault/IGN Demigod Interview

By on October 14, 2008 4:13:11 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The RPG Vault at IGN.com interviewed Mike Marr, Lead Designer of Demigod, on various aspects of the game.  Here is a quick excerpt from the interview.

Jonric: What is Demigod? What kind of game are you making, how did the idea for it come about, to whom will it appeal, and when will it ship?

Mike Marr:
The inspiration for Demigod was the desire to make an action game that was easy to pick up, fast to play and got your blood pumping. It's in a new genre with few competitors, and the thing that really sets it apart is the range of RPG options; entirely unique and off the wall demigods, team-based objectives plus awesome art style and level of detail.”

Read the full interview at IGN.com

+458 Karma | 9 Replies
October 14, 2008 5:39:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Professional voice actors!

October 14, 2008 6:28:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

about 15 skills for each demigod!

October 14, 2008 6:35:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Much better article.  This one got me excited.  Some interesting points I wanted to highlight:

1.  Definately still has generals.

2.  Target ship date is February 2009.

3.  Persistant achievemants and items!!!!

4.  8 maps on release, some wide open and some confing.   Underwater and space level.  When do we get this one?  Please include in the next Beta.

5. Persisstant Online Meta-game!!!

***although size is indication of excitement, it is in no means directly proportional to said excitement.  and remember size isn't everything.

October 14, 2008 6:37:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also of note, Two "advisors" with professional voice acting.  I assume this is for the single player story.  Also, I assume each mission will on on a map for a secific demigod, seems to conincedental to have 8 maps and 8 demigods.

October 14, 2008 7:43:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ToxDrawace,

Funny story.. Sins of a Solar Empire featured professional voice actors, but just that fact doesn't always make it likeable to everyone. Case in point? A guy with a forum nick "Starscream" was complaining about a Vasari dialogue that was voiced by the same actor who did Starscream in the Transformers movie. Delicious irony

Still, Demigod may or may not have this problem, depending on how weird they'll want to make them.

October 14, 2008 11:19:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

damnit, I want the game now more then ever...

October 15, 2008 12:23:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I can play as the ROOK!?

I just had a gamergasm.

October 15, 2008 1:34:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Quoting ToxDrawace, reply 1

Funny story.. Sins of a Solar Empire featured professional voice actors, but just that fact doesn't always make it likeable to everyone. Case in point? A guy with a forum nick "Starscream" was complaining about a Vasari dialogue that was voiced by the same actor who did Starscream in the Transformers movie. Delicious irony

Still, Demigod may or may not have this problem, depending on how weird they'll want to make them.

haha, that wasn't really the most exciting thing to me, I just thought it was funny that they mentioned having professional voice actors. Doesn't really come across as one of the most important or exciting aspects of a game. But then again, it IS all the little details that make the difference.

October 15, 2008 1:25:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A guy with a forum nick "Starscream" was complaining about a Vasari dialogue that was voiced by the same actor who did Starscream in the Transformers movie. Delicious irony

lol, I remember that...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.