The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Unclean Beast cannot attack units moving away from it

By on October 3, 2008 5:21:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After a couple of games I've noticed that when chasing a fleeing hero, the Beast cannot successfully attack units that are retreating away. Here's how the attack cycle goes after clicking attack.

1) Beast moves up to the target

2) Attack animation begins and Beast stops moving

3) Enemy exits attack range and attack animation is canceled

4) Beast starts chasing after a brief pause

5) ???

6) Repeat 1-5 until Beast dies. No PROFIT.

+1 Karma | 7 Replies
October 3, 2008 5:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i find every character does this instead they dont pause and chase at all

October 3, 2008 5:37:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also I find Beast doesn't auto-chase, alot of the time.  Can be almost as frustrating as getting kited to death if you have your enemy down to 100 hp and he gets away by *drifiting slowly* out of present attack radius

October 3, 2008 6:00:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This confirms my observations.

October 3, 2008 9:29:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This was really one of the major features I wish they would have fixed for 1A.  This is why stuns are so important.  Without them melee heroes, no matter how fast, cannot kill you with their physical attacks(assumming you actually start moving before you die).  DotA has this problem to an extent as well but not nearly to the extent of Demigod.  I think the solution is to not require a unit to stop moving in order to attack.  It'd work similiar to the ways tanks shoot in SUPCOM where you could constantly circle your opponent with move commands and you will hit him as long as you are in range.

October 3, 2008 10:18:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You'd need to lower the move speed while the animation is taking place to make running possible.

October 4, 2008 12:42:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, I think ranged units should have to stop to fire.

I like the idea of allowing melee heroes to attack out of a run.  Slowing them down during the attack, or forcing them to stop for a half-second after the attack would allow running to still be effective.  It was not as noticeable in Beta 1 because the only melee Demigod was rather slow (Rook).  UB is much faster, however.  In fact, several of his abilities involve speeding him up or slowing the enemy down.  These features are rather useless right now, because regardless of how much faster the UB is, he cannot attack a fleeing foe.  Personally, I think an animation for attacking out of a run with a brief pause afterward would be the best.

October 9, 2008 2:08:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[nb-tagged]

- Servo

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.