The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Beta 1-A Impressions/My take on it 1.5

By on October 3, 2008 12:37:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did another huge impression thing before when beta 1 came out called My take on it im calling this 1.5 cause its basically beta 1.5 to me anyways.

>>>https://forums.demigodthegame.com/323174<<<<>My take on it

only listing problems i see here

Onto the actual thing first rook

The Rook

1) well the only real problem i have here is the Roll u bumped it up from 300 to 500 dmg and its still 5 sec stun and u may have decreased smash by 300 dmg but increases this by 200 dmg isnt much of a difference.

2) I love the new look

Rook is short

TB

1) first Deep Freeze I understand the whole freezing and increasing duration and cancelling things but it would be more helpful if they enemy had a castbar so we actually know when to use it also gotta increase the effect maybe up another 5% to 50%

2) Ring of Fire first its too weak altho beta 1 was bugged now that its fixed i feel like the bug was better cause any idiot who isnt stunned for for 12 seconds can easily walk out of that painfully weak atk altho it works for creeps these assassins and sopposedly hero killers and if hes not stuned for the 12 seconds (1 for cast 10 for spell and 1 for leaving the ring cause i see it do dmg even after the ring is gone altho only for another secnd) hes retarded hell be out of that thing before it hurts.

Regulus

1) SNIPE IS 2 FRIGGIN WEAK

2) lvl 2 and 3 Stun mine says 5 sec stun it should be changed to 4 sec on lvl 2 so it goes lvl 1/2/3    3/4/5 sec stun also dmg should start lower since it stuns for quite a while.

Unclean Beast

1) hmm firstly Bestrail Wraith back in beta 1 we thought rook was beastly because his Gods strenght or whatever was 2 high at 200% now u give this guy 400%? on rook i managed to get his atk to 1800-1900 with the 200 gloves and all the best dmg giving items i can even the 2 artifacts at lvl 25 but this guy i can get his atk 2 1100 by lvl 22 with less then half the atk items and he attacks way faster then rook making him Beastly.

2) the grab move i forgot its name but does 900 dmg and stun and heals u that 900 dmg thats a problem and a big 1 right now this and the vemon spit makes him a bigger threat then rook especially if u mix in beastrail wrath ur pretty much dead unless u got over 4k and even then ur dead ur an idiot enough to take the atk and still in the battle instead of retreating which wont make much difference cause if they got inner beast lvl 3 they can chase u down faster then u can run if u dont got teleport. so my only problem with this is that it heals urself as well cause i know hes an assassin and meant to own as fast as possible but at least maybe max 600 dmg with would be good if we're keeping the heal.

3) the explode move that does 150 dmg aoe thats quite alot mix that with beastrail wraith and everything i a time bomb with a set me off sign on its head if this was changed to 75 dmg aoe it would be fine cause it pretty much dominates new reinforcements at an alarmingly fast rate.

4) The plauge yes its cool very cool but it doesnt work like it says it says chance on attack, I walked through a bunch of new spawn enemies without attacking but as soon as they atk me they got the plague somehow i didnt really care about that cause it helped me but its still a problem, also 30 dmg a second and it does 300 dmg over 30 seconds and my math is good enough that those numbers dont add at the rate it goes  (30dmg every 1 sec=900 dmg)

General

1) Mine map bugs needs definate fix cause of the slow speed when the giants stick togeather

2) Creep move wierdly especially the giants they kinda go from the portal and go straight up instead of taking the route everything else does and i saw this with the valkaryes as well.

3) Artifact shop mainly on the waterfall map its set to the left side if ur Good or right side if ur EVIL and if ur evil and ur on the left side of the map and wanna get to the damn shop to get back into battle quick u gotta go a lil further i just found this a lil annoying when every second counts if ur enemy is stealing ur left side flag while u do this.

3) WHEREZ MY ITEMZ??

4) the mine map in the middle when u get the 2 strongholds they are pretty much fucking over the enemyes defences at an extremely large range so instead of putting extra effort into destorying the towers urself ur defend ur capapult building while u sit back and relax and thats kinda problematic and iunno how far the range is but if this can hit he enemy castle/stronghold that needs some changing

5) some towers are glitched mostly the archer ones and mostly on the mine map they sometimes dont shoot at all even when minataurs are beating at them with clubs

6) the WASD i know people had a large ass forum about it but now that we have it i hate it personally can we get an option back to the old controls i liked it better zooming in and out and the mouse scheme better i would like an option for Beta 1 play controls back

7) Hero killing WTF IS WITH THE GOLD its insaen the amount u get like seriously insane i liked the 100 gold which stacked the longer that hero survived and killed other enemies its like bounty hunting but now its like u die once and he gets whatever friggin item he wants.

Other

Iunno wtf happened but my FPS took a major leap theres no hardware change or anything and no graphic changes everything still set lowest like beta 1 but now its almost double the FPS i was getting 30-40 max 42 before now im getting constant 55-60 and sometimes goes to 75

+2 Karma | 8 Replies
October 3, 2008 2:07:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Zero Punctuation style really doesn't work well in a forum context....   ...

October 4, 2008 9:50:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Almost all your post is about balance stuf, you should wait with that.

October 5, 2008 12:24:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The huge issue with this build is a lot of day 1 bugs not fixed, poor performance, and basic bugs you think you'd noticed if you played the game internally at all. New aswd controls suck, you need off screen moving instead. It plays more like alpha then beta.

October 5, 2008 8:05:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

From OP:

"Ring of Fire first its too weak altho beta 1 was bugged now that its fixed i feel like the bug was better cause any idiot who isnt stunned for for 12 seconds can easily walk out of that painfully weak atk altho it works for creeps these assassins and sopposedly hero killers and if hes not stuned for the 12 seconds (1 for cast 10 for spell and 1 for leaving the ring cause i see it do dmg even after the ring is gone altho only for another secnd) hes retarded hell be out of that thing before it hurts."

YES!  I don't know how many times I said this and got smashed for this before Beta 1A came out.  I would say "RoF doesnt do what it says, However if they fix it, it will be useless." Now they have fixed it.  Now it is useless.  It was nearly perfect before(could be a bit weaker but not much).

Disagreewise, I think the hero gold is better now.  I once killed 15 demigods in a row in a game.  I think I got 1,500-3,000 gold from this.  I was then killed once and the guy got 15,000 gold!  It made killing heroes really detrimental.  While extra gold should be given for ending streaks it shouldn't be much.  However, the current gold given for killing demigods is very nice.  However the 3000-4500 gold given now is ridiculous.  It should be more like 500 and not have such a steep increase.

P.S.

Quoting schismpunk,
The Zero Punctuation style really doesn't work well in a forum context....   ...

He's right you know.   You really should try to formulate complete sentences/thoughts more often.   use punctuation periods and capital letters go a long way Conversational style posting is okay but your posts are often hard to read.

P.S.S. Yes I self-illustrated a point in the P.S.  It should read: Use punctuation! Periods and capital letters go a long way.

October 5, 2008 11:18:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

6) the WASD i know people had a large ass forum about it but now that we have it i hate it personally can we get an option back to the old controls i liked it better zooming in and out and the mouse scheme better i would like an option for Beta 1 play controls back

i hate this system , i want the old control , this system is for noob.

October 6, 2008 11:17:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah like those noobs that made WiC one of the best reviewed games ever, let alone best reviewed for an RTS.  And like those noobs that made WiC one of the best competitive tournament RTS'.  Such a noob system.

October 6, 2008 12:30:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WASD...? Wth is wrong with WSAD? I personally love it, and when the game is fully released im sure you will be able to customize it. If you dont like the WSAD controls dont use it...? You can still use the arrows on your keyboard...

I dont think RoF is OP - its aimed mostly at creeps and when you combine it with his stun it can be quite helpful.

The rooks boulder roll is fine now. Its A LOT easier to dodge now so there is skill in dodging it, and infact hitting isnt as easy as you think, and like you said they nerfed his hammer so

And yea UB does need a bit of nerfing - not too much though. Early game its really hard to use UB vs TB..

October 6, 2008 3:36:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I love not being able to press A to attack move, losing the QWER hotkeys, and not having edge move. All you need is the out of screen camera move, it works great and works better with this model than wasd.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.