The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[IDEA] Draining Flags

Draining Flags...

By on October 2, 2008 8:41:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Draining Flags

Another asset to assist in the creation of interesting and varied contests/environs.

Have a flag point of fair importance constantly drain the energy of any Demigod that is within range to capture it. The rate should be substantial. Taking this flag would then be far more daunting and perilous, robbed of ability power as you would be.

A variant perhaps might be a life-draining flag, although I do not think such would be as cool as one that drains energy.

("Powerholes"...)

+18 Karma | 9 Replies
October 3, 2008 9:53:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds like a great idea to me.  It'd be cool to have these in the game.

October 3, 2008 10:06:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea great idea

October 4, 2008 8:45:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree, great idea

The more types of flags, the better (but not too much in the same map)

October 4, 2008 2:00:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like a good idea.  Would be pretty crazy if all the flags were like that, but limiting it to a handful of important ones might be cool.

October 4, 2008 2:02:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some demigod relies on their energy more than others. That'd make some better flag cappers?

What if you don't have enough energy and try to cap?

October 4, 2008 2:54:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

then let it take life lol

October 5, 2008 12:43:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks folks.

I wouldn`t recommend making such things features of every map, nor of making every flag of X type feature this trait. I simply offer it up as another asset with which to craft interesting & different maps.

I don`t think I`d touch health... these 'Drains' (?) would probably work best on power levels alone; a Demigod at zero power would simply have nothing to draw upon for his/her abilities. They would have to move away from the 'Drain' to begin regenerating power at their normal rates.

October 5, 2008 12:34:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I propose it drain money

But then people are greedy so they may cease to help the team if it means he need to pay using his gold

October 6, 2008 2:34:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AnnihilatorX,
I propose it drain money

But then people are greedy so they may cease to help the team if it means he need to pay using his gold

I wouldn`t want to lose Gold at a Flag, at least not at Power Holes, but perhaps that idea has potential. Maybe the ability of a new 'Evil Leprechaun" kind of troll character? Just talking out loud. Drains your Gold and converts it to his Health; I think this has potential.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.