The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Interested in this game

By on September 18, 2008 7:58:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, this game looks unique and fun, and I'm considering preordering it now and giving the beta a try.  I have a few questions that I thought I would ask around here first though.  First of all, I realize that it's a very early beta, so what all of you have is far from what the completed game will be like, but what is your impression of the game?  How would you describe the gameplay to someone who does not play Defense of the Ancients?

My second question is regarding Impulse.  Can you play this game without using Impulse?  I have nothing against Impulse, it sounds good, but I would prefer to have everything on Steam just for the sake of consolidation.  If the game is Impulse only, do you need to actually have Impulse running to play multiplayer, or is that only necessary for updates?

Thanks in advance!

+2 Karma | 3 Replies
September 18, 2008 9:38:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. I would say it's like Battlegrounds from World of Warcraft if you never played Dota. 

2. For the beta, you never have to run the impulse program.  Impulse is needed to install the game and get updates.

September 19, 2008 1:56:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, so you have to run Impulse once to get it going and then you don't have to do it again until the next update?  That sounds like a pretty convenient system to me.

It looks like it could be fun from the videos posted online, I like the idea behind the game, and if nothing else, I really appreciate Stardock and GPG's DRM policies, so I think I'll go ahead and give this a try.  Thanks!

September 19, 2008 3:00:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, so you have to run Impulse once to get it going and then you don't have to do it again until the next update? That sounds like a pretty convenient system to me.
Yep.

It looks like it could be fun from the videos posted online, I like the idea behind the game, and if nothing else, I really appreciate Stardock and GPG's DRM policies, so I think I'll go ahead and give this a try. Thanks!
Just remember that it's Beta 1. Not exactly the full game yet.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.