The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Statistics in Demigod

By on September 10, 2008 12:47:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image One of the things the Gas Powered Games team is working on is the end-game screen. At the end of a match (as well as in-game in real-time to a lesser degree) players are going to want to see statistics on how each player did.

One of the things we've been playing around with is having achievement points be based on how many categories you led in.  In this way, the statistics aren't just interesting, they become part of the game play itself since achievement points are what help you become victorious in the overarching scheme of things as well as allowing you to purchase ever superior persistent items.

We're hoping to release beta 1-A in a week or two that will include things like more strategic elements to the maps, potentially a new Demigod to play with, and a number of new gameplay changes.  I think people will be surprised at how quickly these betas will improve the game play and "fun" factor of the game. Stay tuned.

+912 Karma | 81 Replies
September 10, 2008 1:04:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

O man, new stuff this month!  Psyched, thanks Frogboy...

September 10, 2008 1:14:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't wait.  

September 10, 2008 1:26:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the game is already 'fun' as is. Can't wait for this!

September 10, 2008 1:59:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New Demigods... in order to save development time they`re going to base them upon existing Demigods...

The Schnook

The Fork-Bearer

Irregulus

The Kook

The Boob-Starer

September 10, 2008 3:17:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting andydude27,
the game is already 'fun' as is. Can't wait for this!

It's got fun potential.  I wouldn't call it "fun" at this point.  Funlike?  Contains elements of fun?  Both fair.  It's about as exciting as playing DoTA against no opponents

But I can see that it will get insanely fun, and could well be the quintesential multiplayer game.

September 10, 2008 3:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate people being obsessed with gaining achievements instead of winning.
So they play in a way to get the achievements, making their team lose.

This is why TF2 has stupid achievement servers ruining the game.

I'm glad to hear the next patch is a week or so away though.

September 10, 2008 3:51:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting innociv,
I hate people being obsessed with gaining achievements instead of winning.
So they play in a way to get the achievements, making their team lose.

This is why TF2 has stupid achievement servers ruining the game.

I'm glad to hear the next patch is a week or so away though.

Well since they won,t be supporting player mods, there shouldn't be any achievement games in this one... Though there probably still will "Kill me 100 times and let me kill you 100 times!"

As long as achievements are made to reward good, smart play it should still be ok.

September 10, 2008 4:24:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We shouldn't see achivements untill toward the end of the beta if at all during the beta.

Theres no point testing them if the whole game isn't there.

September 10, 2008 4:27:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sir On The Edge,
We shouldn't see achivements untill toward the end of the beta if at all during the beta.

Theres no point testing them if the whole game isn't there.

this

September 10, 2008 4:39:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

new beta, woot!

September 10, 2008 5:13:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, if the statistics are anywhere near as good as they are in Sins this will be a good addon. (must say it'll be hard to beat sins in this area)

September 10, 2008 6:48:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Looking foward to it!

September 10, 2008 7:57:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice - looking really forward to next update, keep the great work up!

September 10, 2008 8:06:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stay tuned.

don't worry i will

September 10, 2008 8:55:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can't wait.  Thanks!

September 10, 2008 8:55:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can't wait. Thanks!

crud..sorry for the double post

September 10, 2008 9:31:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be cool to have some meta-statistics too.  Some sort of record of your past games is always nice, and lets you look back at how you've progressed since you started playing, and what sort of things you've done differently as you've hone your skills.

September 10, 2008 11:08:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

meta-stats would be very cool.  At least a basic chart (Kinda hard to go back once you've seen TF2, no?):  Most kills as Rook: 498, Most heals as Sedna: 5784, etc.

September 11, 2008 2:17:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New stuff, AWSOME

September 11, 2008 3:43:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love FragBoy

What's the Name of new Demigod ??

September 11, 2008 4:35:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For me, achievment with items reward will make it a MUST to get achivements in order to compete equally with others. That mean we need to play a lot in order to compete with people on the same ground. I hate that, the fun factor should be the reason why we play it, not to just get a equal ground with people who got lots of free time to farm achivement.

I prefer it not effecting the gameplay, it's okay you get better looking gear, it's okay you get astounding Titles, it's okay to have different color of your texts. As long as it's not in a gameplay element, it's okay. But if it will make different in your stats and such. You're just making it a COMPULSARY ACHIEVMENTS FARMING for everybody. Or you should make it easy enough to get all in a week or so, that's not a lots of farming to do.

September 11, 2008 4:37:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMFG. 

That is all.

September 11, 2008 3:02:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So much so soon. 

September 11, 2008 4:15:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Jeez Frogboy. Tortue me on your SP details why don't you!

September 11, 2008 6:38:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't mind achievement points if thet are given by what you mentioned in your journal, but specific, detrimental achievements I frown upon unless they are persistant across all matches.  I'd prefer not to see matches entitled "100 Deaths".

Lifetime statistics seem to be the way to go, as those only benefit you and only encourage more play.

Not sure how the persistant bonus trophies should be handled, as that might destroy mass online appeal.

Offer realms of play where persistant trophies only provide their auras or graphics, rather than the bonus?  That way you can feed both player extremes?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.