The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ShackNews Interview with Brad Wardell (Part 1)

By on September 9, 2008 7:36:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

ShackNews has a two-part interview with Stardock CEO, Brad Wardell.  The first part talks about the plan to “revitalize” PC gaming. It also covers Stardock's stance on copy-protection.

A quick excerpt:

"Shack: A lot of people think the solution is making games that are so connected with the online experience that everything is validated online, patched online, controlled through the internet. But what you're talking about is an offline, almost traditional solution.

Brad Wardell: Well I think [we need] a combination. You have to be able to protect your intellectual property. And I'm a big believer in activation. Our games, not all of our games, but Galactic Civilizations uses activation for downloads. Basically, our system has always traditionally been that you purchase a game, it has no copy protection, but if you want to update it you have to get it from us with your serial number, and we validate who it is."

It's a great interview, and be sure to check it out.

+458 Karma | 4 Replies
September 10, 2008 12:40:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great interview, Brad.

makes me feel even better about opening my wallet for you guys.

September 10, 2008 1:30:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great interview. Looking forward to part 2.

I think its great what Brad is doing. You guys have got my wallet behind you all the way.

September 10, 2008 3:26:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Great interview. Looking forward to part 2.

Me too, especially with the last sentence :

Come back tomorrow for part two of the interview, in which Wardell and I discuss Stardock and Gas Powered Games' upcoming title Demigod, as well as his company's mysterious 4X fantasy title.

September 12, 2008 2:10:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

indeed both part 1 and 2 were VERY good reads.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.