The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Feedback] Passive Skills are Awesome

By on September 8, 2008 5:42:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really think GPG  has done something right with the passive skills changing the appearance of heroes especially on rook.  I hope to see this on future heroes.  What is your guys thoughts on this?  I think its a very nice touch to the game.

+5 Karma | 13 Replies
September 8, 2008 8:44:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. And Items showing up on Demigods would be even more awesome.

September 8, 2008 10:31:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any visual reflections of stat or equipment changes in-game I am a fan of.  I'd even like to see demigods increase in size as they gain levels.

September 8, 2008 10:57:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont like the getting bigger thing.. it's cheesey.

But visual changes like the rooks towers are nice.

September 8, 2008 11:52:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, but i think they shouldn't do it with items. I dont want to see a Queen of Thorns with clothes :>

Or a Rook with a silly helmet. No! Castles dont wear anything.. normally

September 8, 2008 12:52:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They could be stylized for each character.

September 8, 2008 1:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, but thats alot of work for only little effect. The game itself looks veeery pretty and you got already the aura effects. Thats enough for me

September 8, 2008 2:21:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah.. lot of artist work, lots of resources(meshes, skins, shaders, each taking up space and using up ram) for basically no impact.

September 8, 2008 3:40:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It has an aesthetic impact. From a gameplay standpoint? Well, nothing.

It's just an idea.

September 8, 2008 7:07:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be nice, i'd say. But i do not want to sarifice a fluent game for some cosmetics in a game which already looks rather beautiful.

September 8, 2008 10:02:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It looks like some people misunderstood me.  I wasn't saying that they should change anything really.  I was just mentioning that it was an aspect of the game I really liked and hoped to see more of on future heroes.  As key as it is to suggest changes or point out bad things I think we should also let the developers know what features we really like and this isa big one for me.

September 9, 2008 2:12:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys for the nice feedback. Where-ever I can find a place to an abstract game mechanic and make some visual representation of it, I will. Future hero's already have some of this too, so hopefully your in for a nice treat.

September 9, 2008 2:41:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ Brennt

K, partly missunderstood you I also like the features and the all the animations we can see right now are made pretty nice!

@ Sanctuary 

Y, really good work! I give you a cookie for moar animations n moar FFX  .. (could only find a beer )

So long, Aspartem

September 9, 2008 5:19:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In another thread someone had the idea of redoing items as gems (runes, orbs or sigils would do nicely too I expect).  These could then be represented graphically without ruining the flavour of the character.  Although it could turn everything into a MMORPG style glowfest I suppose.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.