The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[SUGGESTION] Rebuilding Flags

By on September 8, 2008 5:17:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it would be a great idea that if a building is destroyed it is replaced by a miniature flag.  Like a normal flag it would take a specified amount of time to capture.  Once captured it would be replaced by the building.  The strength of the building would determine the ammount of time taken to rebuild.  Also the building could get stronger each time it is resummoned to balance out with a stronger battlefield.  I think this would add a new interesting gameplay mechanic to the game.  It may make matches take longer so perhaps it should be a toggleable mode.

+5 Karma | 10 Replies
September 8, 2008 10:29:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know really..   It's not supposed to be a turtling game.

I don't think it'd be bad if there was something to buy at your stronghold that would auto-repair damaged towers over time, but with a minute or two delay before it even starts to work.

If someone destroys your towers the best thing to do is destroy theirs back

September 8, 2008 3:50:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The towers are more a way to slow down the overrunning team so a momentary imbalance doesn't become a victorious slaughter than a means of permanent defense.

September 8, 2008 4:33:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower gold could offset the advantage of rebuilding.  I was thinking more that you bring up your center towers again for a minute giving you time to run and get one of theirs.  They could also work slightly differently from from normal flags in that they lose their "charge" after a period of time.

September 8, 2008 7:06:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm, i also say rather no to that suggestion. I like the fast gameplay of Demigod. Ok, the towers need to be buffed in terms of power, imo, but no rebuilding stuff.

If you want extra defense, play The Rook or maybe another hero that will be implemented with a focus of a more defensive/slow play.

So long,

Aspartem

September 18, 2008 6:12:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so it looks like this exists in Beta 1 to a minimal extent.  Your fort, if killed, pops back up after a period of time.  Too bad as a defensive structure it's mostly useless

I'm not sure regenerative fortification flags is a good call for the fast-paced gameplay Demigod is aiming for.  I could see flags yielding access to unique neutral fortifications, as well as previously dicussed spawns, gold mines, creep routes.

For example: "You have successfully captured the Death Star Flag.  Prepare to fire in 5, 4, 3...." 

September 18, 2008 7:25:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only real problem is later on when the archers towers come if ur good enough to destroy the defences before those arrive the game is urs so it would be good if structures (defences) also healed back over time tho not by much and only when u get the flag cause that would make it more strategic cause currently actually getting the flag helps the enemy out (if ur smart and know what i mean) so i like his idea to extent for that but i believe being able to buy structures would work if u use team gold amount its the money everyone gains in the map(by kills only not gold mines) /2(divided) and can only be earned by a demigod kill not a creep kill then maybe if u dont have the flag u can at least get structures or heal (healing item for structures) them by buying when they cant capture the flag I.E flag locking.

Give ur opinion if it has spelling errors whatever if it doesnt work then also whatever

September 18, 2008 7:39:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Defend your towers!

September 19, 2008 1:34:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it would be nice as a possible alternative game play.  I love demigod's fast paced gameplay, but maybe to broaden the game's base out a little more have a 'mode' like that moreso.   But who knows what's coming, when we see the generals and how they play... -chuckles- we might already be in for more than we thing.

~E

September 19, 2008 2:34:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The main thing I like about this idea is the fact that you could rebuild your towers that will hold the creeps at bay(though late in the game they are pretty inecffective) and lash back at your opponents.  Rebuilding your towers willy nilly would just be giving free gold to the oppposing team.  The reason I see itt this way is that late game Demigods are so much more powerful than towers its ridiculous.  Thats why they would have to be scaled and be a bit more powerful(but still easily taken down by demigods).  I don't really see it as turtling so much as giving you a chance to leave your base and have a counter-attack after being on the losing end.  I feel that currently once you reach a certain point you are pinned and really only pro-long the game without any chance of victory.  This can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 if the other team is disorganized. Times like this in the game should be minimized and I feel like this is one way of doing it.

September 19, 2008 5:01:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe tower upgrads? increase def range dmg and stuff not all at the same time but i think my idea would work if u also got tower upgrades available (reply #6)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.