The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pinned Post

IMPORTANT: Info on Demigod Beta Release

By on September 3, 2008 3:55:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, a lot of folks have been passing around rumors and speculation on what's going on with the beta tomorrow.  We've also been fielding the same questions from many people over and over again.  So to make things easier for everyone, here is some basic information on Demigod Beta 1, preorders, and all that goodness...

1. When can I download the beta?
    Beta 1 will be available on Thursday, September 4th.  The only ETA we have is sometime in the afternoon.  Stardock's offices are in the Eastern Time Zone of the US (GMT-5).  So no posting "Hey, I'm in Australia and it's the 5th already and I don't have the beta!"  The release goes by our clock  

2. When will my preorder be charged?
    Preorders will be charged in waves on the 4th, in the order they were received.  As your order is charged, you will be granted access to the Demigod Beta.

3. I preordered the game.  Will I get the beta?
    Anyone who has a preorder already (as of this writing) is 100% guaranteed a beta key.  That said, chances are still excellent that if you preorder the game at any point in the next few days, you'll probably get into the beta too.

4. I preordered the game.  Why don't I have a key?
    You will get the key when your preorder is charged.

5. When is the cut-off for Beta 1 access?
    We will accept preorders into Beta 1 for at least one week after beta starts.  So if you haven't preordered yet, you have some time still to order and get into the beta (assuming we don't hit our tester limit first).

6. How do I download Demigod?
    Demigod will only be available via Impulse. (http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup.exe)

Log in to Impulse using your Stardock.net account (what you use to log in to these forums)

If Demigod does not appear after you receive the email, check the registrations tab (the key icon in the top right) to make sure Demigod is listed, with an associated key.  If it is not, copy the key you received via email, and "Add Registration" in Impulse.  Make sure to supply the key AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU RECEIVED THE KEY ON.

Demigod should appear in the My Games tab.  Select it, and click "Install" on the right.  Impulse will handle download & installation of the game.
If you have any other questions about how to get your hands on the beta, post them below.  I'll try to answer them as quickly as possible.  Please limit questions to getting the beta, not what's going to be in the beta, or bug reports, or anything else.  This thread will be heavily moderated, I will remove unrelated questions to keep things clean and easy to follow for everyone.

Cheers,
-Mike

Edit: UPDATE YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS! If you have *any* issues, this is the absolute first thing to try if you're not already running the very latest from nVidia or ATI. nVidia laptop users, see laptopvideo2go.com.

+169 Karma | 76 Replies
September 3, 2008 4:27:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great to know info!

September 3, 2008 4:42:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fantastic, can't wait!

September 3, 2008 4:45:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds good and very clear.  Thanks.

September 3, 2008 5:11:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you!

September 3, 2008 6:14:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woooooooooo! Can't wait!

September 3, 2008 6:15:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the update.  This has answered a lot of questions that people have had.  I look forward to everything else going as smoothly as this has so far.

September 3, 2008 7:32:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

With Great Anticipation, We Humbly Await.

September 3, 2008 7:37:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...... .......... .......... ........... ...............................

Universal language

September 3, 2008 7:37:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking forward to it; I just found out about this game and I am more excited than I have been about a game in a long time.

September 3, 2008 9:21:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanxxx a lot ZoomZoom ! I was one of the very firsts to pre-order, and I was wondering what the procedure would be ... But if I don't get my e-mail & key tomorrow, I shall go bee-hunting ...

September 3, 2008 11:02:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One question:  What happens if there is a problem getting access to the Demigod beta after you receive your serial key email?  I.e. doesn't show up in impulse, incorrect key, etc?  Do we contact stardock support?

September 3, 2008 11:15:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most likely.

September 3, 2008 11:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A few things to check if you receive the email saying your order has been processed (and you have a key), but isn't showing up in Impulse yet...

1. "Check for Application Updates" via the Orb menu (sometimes you just need to say Hi to the server again)
  2. Make sure you have "Show Pre-releases" checked in the application settings (found via the Orb menu)
  3. Make sure you have the registration listed on the registration tab (key icon, top right)
    • If you lack that, try adding the registration manually.  Make sure to use the e-mail address you placed on the game order, and the key you just received.
  4. Close and relaunch Impulse

If none of this does the trick, please email [email protected], and for the first few days of beta, toss a post to these forums just to make sure we see it.  We'll try to get you sorted out as quickly as possible.

Please do NOT post or email about Demigod until you've received the email saying your order has been processed and that you have access to the beta.  Posting before then would just be silly.

-Mike

September 4, 2008 3:56:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesomeness! Can't wait I hope my Israeli credit card will work

September 4, 2008 6:11:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for theses infos. Only a few hours left to wait...

September 4, 2008 6:42:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*Panics*

September 4, 2008 7:19:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

More like *orgasms*

September 4, 2008 7:52:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've a question: i've preorder since 2 weeks, received an email of my order process but no mail with a key or beta info. must I interrogate me???

September 4, 2008 8:04:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And I am now downloading the beta IT'S OUT!

September 4, 2008 8:06:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod has shown on my impulse game list for a couple of weeks now, but the serial number shows as "Invalid".  I assume it is invalid because the beta has not been released yet.   I pre-ordered with TGN tokens.  Will I still receive a new e-mail with a key or will the serial number be valid once the beta is open?

September 4, 2008 8:17:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NrseBiker,
Demigod has shown on my impulse game list for a couple of weeks now, but the serial number shows as "Invalid".  I assume it is invalid because the beta has not been released yet.   I pre-ordered with TGN tokens.  Will I still receive a new e-mail with a key or will the serial number be valid once the beta is open?
I also preordered with tokens and I am installing the beta now as we speak.

September 4, 2008 8:50:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I preorderd (months ago), but havn't been charged or anything. Is there a way I can check to see if it went through properly?

If I buy it again is there a chance I'll be charged twise? Or if theres someone I can talk to via MSN or PM then that would be preferable. (only neccesery if there isn't an easy awnser that could help others in the same situation)

September 4, 2008 8:54:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys have it already? I don't have an Email nor a change in Impulse

September 4, 2008 8:58:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No according to the point 2 and 4 of this very FAQ...

September 4, 2008 8:59:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have it. Unfortunately my work laptop doesn't seem to like it and I get a ctd when I come into the arena. I think the reason for this is that my geforce go 7600 drivers on the laptop are ancient.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.