The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I GOT IN!

I DID IT! THE HARD WORK PAID OFF!!

By on August 18, 2008 1:05:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock ForumsExternal Link

I GOT IT!! I GOT IN FOR MY DREAM COURSE AT MY DREAM COLLEGE!!! ALL THE HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I'VE ACCEPTED MY COURSE!!!

0 Karma | 16 Replies
August 18, 2008 10:30:41 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Cool. That's a boring degree there.
August 18, 2008 12:43:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Hehe, lucky guy
August 18, 2008 12:45:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Congrats Be prepared to spend many long hours coding!
August 18, 2008 12:59:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Congrats Be prepared to spend many long hours coding!

Coding = Fun!

Unless you've got a nasty icky bug hidden somewhere in 10,000+ lines of code and have to dig it out. That not fun.
August 18, 2008 2:13:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Especially if it's a missing semicolon in one line of code that results in an error in a perfectly working bit of code sixteen lines below and you don't think of that possibility and pick that one line apart 16 billion ways before going godzilla on something...
August 18, 2008 2:21:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Pfft, most compilers pick up easy syntax errors like that
August 18, 2008 2:39:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I'll tell you what's fun. Programming in FORTRAN with punch cards.

One day, your dream course will be obsolete.

-Dr. B
August 18, 2008 3:54:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nah, my dream course will never be obsolete, and it's great! Loads of employers are looking at the graduates coming out of that course, with Microsoft supporting the course.

August 18, 2008 9:19:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Pfft, most compilers pick up easy syntax errors like that

Yeah, thank god.

Or I'd still be doing the final project in question.
August 18, 2008 9:52:35 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
All the people shown on the web page are girls. Is it a girls-only college? If not, and there are tons of gamer chicks, let me be the first to say giggity giggity gooooo!
August 18, 2008 10:14:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
All the people shown on the web page are girls. Is it a girls-only college? If not, and there are tons of gamer chicks, let me be the first to say giggity giggity gooooo!

That reminds me of a comment one of my friends made once:

"One huge advantage is that I don't have to explain to my wife why football is an absolute necessity, my boyfriend already knows that!"

(In this case, it'd be the fact that gamer guys are easier to find than gamer girls, for whatever reason... but still the same concept)
August 18, 2008 10:22:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
All the people shown on the web page are girls.

It seems to be randomized sets. Some have guys and at least one has nobody.
August 19, 2008 11:06:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Last I went to Carlow to see what was there there were loads of girls. This years 2008 graduates had several girls on the course. Hehe, I'm a lucky guy.

August 19, 2008 12:39:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Unless you've got a nasty icky bug hidden somewhere in 10,000+ lines of code and have to dig it out. That not fun.

Even more fun is a memory corruption bug hiding in someone else's crappy, asynchronous, threaded 10,000+ loc GUI components which are messy extensions of an external company's crappy, asynchronous, threaded 100,000+ loc GUI components, and the bug has a 0% chance of showing up with the debugger enabled.

Aaargh...

Yes, I just had a bad couple of days at work.
August 19, 2008 2:22:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sounds like something I'm dealing with at my internship -- they started out by outsourcing the website (www.watchdoit.com) to an outside programming company. Who did crap-all in the way of decent programming, so they're having to rebuild almost from scratch... and by "almost" I mean rebuild it one piece at a time in the hopes that something goes right.
August 20, 2008 4:50:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
omg can i use all you guys as tech support. i compeate in first robotics compotion and we have to write code in c. im in systemetric 759, only british team been doing it for 5 years consitantly support us.

first
http://www.usfirst.org/

systemetric
http://www.systemetric.org/

tell me what the enginering looks like im applying next year.

jimmy
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.