The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Please Let there be blood!

By Posted July 17, 2008 21:19:18
I see that you want the game to be teen rated. But hey even warcraft 3 had blood and it was rated Teen. it DOES NOT have to be rated Mature (even if i would prefer it that way) But at least its more satisfying to hit guys adn see some blood. So please have it in some manner. I'm not gonna sit here and say blood makes a game, but it makes it feel alot less kidish when there is at least some. Granted itd be cool to if a big hammer could literally gib and crush guys, when it slammed down on the weaker mobs. But ya. Anyone elses thoughts on blood and gore content?  
0 Karma 7 Replies 0 Referrals
July 18, 2008 09:38:34
If it was rated M there would be plenty of people who wouldn't be able to get it... besides, blood doesn't really add much to a game, especially when you consider that we are playing with GODS. Gods don't have blood ????
July 18, 2008 20:50:06
Ok thats a good point i'll give you that. But gods do bleed ever played god of war . Owned :3

Cmon i said blood dosent make the game, and blood ALSO get this right, DOES NOT make the game M rated. WoW has blood and its teen rated, lots of games have blood and are teen rated. and it does make it more enjoyable more satisfying to waste you opponent, and turn them into a bloody mess. Or in the case of teen ratings, a somewhat bloody mess.
July 19, 2008 13:03:01
erm i dont know where i heard this but i think there were a lot of complaints when total annihilation: kingdoms came out that kids werent allowed to play the game because their mums didnt want them playing games with blood and violence, but the original was ok because it didnt have any blood in it.

that was yeeeaaars ago though, and probably not a very big case.
July 20, 2008 04:32:42
so what is the prob if blood can go on and off in options...
and by the way as far as I saw we do not play as gods we play as heroes who want to take gods place...
so I dont see that we shouldn't have blood in game.
July 25, 2008 16:33:51
Children >.>

Yes hopefully they will allow blood to be turned on and off. Like a gore level.
July 25, 2008 16:53:29
Well, we play as Demigods. As in, a cross between gods and mortals. Besides, in Greek Mythology (Crazy Pagans!) the gods could be wounded and they would bleed Ichor, which was basically blood poisonous to mortals. (I forget if the blood was just called Ichor or if Ichor was supposed to be something IN the god's blood)

I'd like to see blood in the game where applicable. Obviously blood wouldn't be flying when the Tree monster things get damaged but when Unclean Beast starts clawing away at a catapultasaurus, I expect SOMETHING to be flying everywhere.
July 31, 2008 19:48:51
Can't there be an option to turn blood on in the games options? And it just be off by default..
Stardock Forums v1.5.3099.12923
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 08:44:38
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.