The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Kid-Tested, Taylor-Approved

By on July 14, 2008 12:12:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
These are busy times here at GPG as the Demigod team enters the home stretch.  Besides working on the game, we've been playing it as much as we can.  Everybody, from art to engineering, takes part in a multiplayer match at least once a week, and the general feeling is that we've got something pretty special on our hands.

But don't take it from us!  Chris Taylor's sons took the game for a spin and were begging for more after spending a whole afternoon slaughtering one another in the arena.  This was really the first sense we'd gotten of how somebody outside the project would respond to Demigod, and there were a lot of smiles in our work area as the boys' smack-talking drifted down the hall from the multiplayer lab.  At the very least, we seem to have come up with a game that stimulates the part of the brain responsible for the construction of elaborate, near-poetical insults.  Always a good sign when you're making a fighting game.

We're also working on a little treat for you guys -- something to get everybody pumped for the impending Beta.  I can't say anything else about it.  Except that it's totally sweet.
0 Karma | 16 Replies
July 14, 2008 12:40:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
???? ...can't wait!
July 14, 2008 3:06:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
We're also working on a little treat for you guys -- something to get everybody pumped for the impending Beta. I can't say anything else about it. Except that it's totally sweet.

More!????
July 14, 2008 3:18:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
wait a sec...is it that hinted-at demigod arena thingamajig?????
July 14, 2008 11:47:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I like your posts - you always tell us that Demigod is fun unlike the evil Stardock people saying that beta-ing won't be much fun. (I guess thats the job of the publisher though).

July 14, 2008 1:28:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sounds pretty fun. I am also wondering if it is that arena thing that was mentioned to appear on the website since we haven't heard anything about that yet.
July 14, 2008 1:38:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I would guess that that Arena thing (whatever it is) will be open for anyone - seems like a awful waste otherwise
July 14, 2008 10:38:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I would really like to know how many people are in the beta anyways.
July 15, 2008 12:17:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
omg excited x98703245

can't wait!
July 15, 2008 2:48:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I hate how the devs always give us hints and then just shut up. Tell us!!!!!!!!
July 15, 2008 8:13:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I would really like to know how many people are in the beta anyways.

They'll never say We'll probably have 20-30 really active people in the beta to start with. I imagine many more will have it, but being active on the forums and such is another thing
July 15, 2008 11:06:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I would really like to know how many people are in the beta anyways.They'll never say We'll probably have 20-30 really active people in the beta to start with. I imagine many more will have it, but being active on the forums and such is another thing

Yeah, I still remember the Sins days -- we had what, 20 or so people running around "active", but dozens more online if you wanted to play a game. Well, at the start of beta3 / beta 4 anyway. It wound down awfully quickly.
July 15, 2008 5:02:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I can't wait haha. Warhammer Online Beta and then this soon after. I can't wait guys. It sounds like you are doing a great job.
July 15, 2008 11:46:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Most of these dev journeys are so nice
July 16, 2008 3:40:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sick...
July 17, 2008 2:57:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I like your posts - you always tell us that Demigod is fun unlike the evil Stardock people saying that beta-ing won't be much fun. (I guess thats the job of the publisher though).

Well despite what they say, beta testing isn't all fun. Games, sure. It's game development so d'uh. But not all fun. That is, unless you don't treat the beta like it should be treated, filing reports and trying to wreck the game like a responsible tester. When it enters the final beta stages, then we can start enjoying it. By then all of the really bad bugs should have been found and dealt with, and all that remains is the, "This font is too hard to see when I'm smashing guys" problems that get dealt with a year or two after release because no one listens until the game's unpopular. >D
July 17, 2008 6:22:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I enjoy writing bug reports and finding bugs/glitches/exploits .

I like to grok how the game mechanics work in-depth and get a feeling how the balance work in a matter I can more or less forsee what will happen if certain things are changed.

I also like discussing if certain unexpected things shouldn't maybe remain in the game as they can add depth to the game in an unexpected manner (like strafe jump in quake, worker stacking in starcraft etc.).

I like the early days of a game where you can do boldy things nobody ever did before.

I like Patchlogs.

I think beta will be alot fun for me.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000343   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.