The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Help on Pre-ordering

By on June 30, 2008 7:55:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
so, I gets my debt card and try to pre-order Demigod, all goes well EXCEPT for one part, it says my CIN # is wrong, I have the card infront of me and i did this twice an it still says its wrong... I sent an email to stardock, but I have no clue wtf is going on, and they havent responded yet...
+3 Karma | 10 Replies
June 30, 2008 8:28:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Do you use it elsewhere online without trouble? Sounds like this would be more a verisign/bank issue.
June 30, 2008 10:07:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
this is the first time, although i use it for gas all the time sooo...
June 30, 2008 11:04:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Well, the CVV/CIN is not used when you physically swipe the card, so there may well be an issue with it. Best bet would be to get in touch with the card issuer and see if they can fix it.
July 1, 2008 5:50:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
thx 4 your help!
July 1, 2008 5:52:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Are you certain the card has been activated? Even bank issued debit cards require activation these days?
July 1, 2008 10:17:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
but I can use it for gas
July 3, 2008 11:17:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Understood but you didn't answer the question. Have you performed some means of activating the card?

Of course I know none of the specifics of your card or bank however here in the US I am unaware of any card that does not explicitly require an activation.

This, in simplistic terms, effectively means that you are in receipt of the card your financial institution sent and you are acknowledging that you want to use said issued card for financial transactions.

That's all I guess. Good luck.
July 3, 2008 6:04:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I live in Iowa (damn floods, grr) and yes I did it the first day... I asked my bank and they have no clue, so oh well i guess...

EDIT: it worked! yay, have no idea what was wrong with it though... anyway, wait... im in the BETA, sweet, at least I think so, is there any way to figure out if you are (or do they know that YOU preordered it and are in the BETA?)
July 4, 2008 10:23:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Assuming you completed the pre-order, you will be included in the beta. You will be charged only when the beta is available and notified via email when that takes place. At the same time you should receive your install key.

Like yourself, there are plenty of us anxiously awaiting the release of the beta. See you then. Glad you got things worked out.
September 9, 2008 5:21:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[nb-tagged]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.