The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: The Single Player Game

Yes, it's a big deal!

By on May 29, 2008 1:45:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

A lot of attention has been given to Demigod's multiplayer capabilities.  I like to think that Demigod will be the Counterstrike of strategy games.

But what about the single player experience?

Well, one of the big changes since Stardock and Gas Powered Games have teamed up is the single player game.  Stardock takes single player games very very seriously. You could say it's our area of expertise.

In a couple of weeks, we hope to unveil here the single player concept.  I think people will be pretty pleased as those who are worried that single player will merely be skirmishes or some scripted campaign need not worry. We have something really special and unique in development.

Stay tuned!

Locked Post 89 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 19, 2009 11:42:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be interesting to know what happen here on this element.

April 20, 2009 1:38:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's in!  It's called the 'tournament'.

April 20, 2009 4:53:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

Then it's utterly lacking a story. It's there, but not enough so that it feels like a complete experience. And that's what I've been telling people too, the tourney is the single player campaign mode.

April 20, 2009 5:25:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it never was going to be story-based. They suck anyway imo.

April 20, 2009 4:45:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tekkor,
It would be interesting to know what happen here on this element.

Tekkor, I like your avatar picture...

April 20, 2009 5:19:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obviously I'm very excited that a huge enhancement of SP is in the works... but I can't help but wonder when PC games evolved to the point where major parts of the game could be added post release.  Rather than simply be finished prior to release...

Is this the part of the economics of game design these days?  That you need an influx of capital from sales to fund or justify full development?

I'm trying not to be critical.  I'm a huge supporter of this game and LOVE it so far, but curious...

EDIT:  Ooops, didn't realize this thread was very old...  so the tournament was the big secret SP element?  Or is there more to come???

April 20, 2009 5:29:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

Which consists of a series of 8 standard skirmishes followed by a brief voiceover. It's FUN mind you, but effectively identical to just playing skirmish games. (which is also fun)

April 20, 2009 5:49:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Javaslinger,

EDIT:  Ooops, didn't realize this thread was very old...  so the tournament was the big secret SP element?  Or is there more to come???

As far as I know, the tournament was the big secret SP element.  I doubt that more is to come.

April 20, 2009 6:09:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

I like to think that Demigod will be the Counterstrike of strategy games.

kind of shooting for the stars there

April 21, 2009 1:54:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your probably refering to the inevitable release and game related deaths of StarCraft 2.

April 21, 2009 3:27:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sadly the "tournament" is made of severe weak sauce

I feel Brad is starting to become more like Peter Molyneux in regards to what he thinks the game will have and what it actually does. Here is hoping Elemental is everything he says and more (wishes)...

Maybe there was some kinda communication error between GPG and Stardock?

April 22, 2009 4:08:08 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I wonder it time and money caused things to be scaled back? I'd like to see something more extensive - perhaps a later update?

April 22, 2009 2:50:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In regards to the single player, or the thought of a stand alone game for all I care.

-          Make the armor and upgrades you purchase persistent.

-          Have a separate lvl system for single player so that you can progress and just scale the AI for once you hit lvl 20 and go up to say 100.

-          Add more random loot etc drops

-          Make lvling in the single player separate and it takes a long time apposed to the reg where an hour or less is all you need to hit lvl 20.

Having  persistent items / gear and constantly lvling higher would be amazing. It would be nice to progress then come back and keep getting ober gear and better skills. Perhaps even having an advanced spell tree for SP would be very nice as well.

If such a game, addon etc was made I would be all over it, too bad it was not part of the package. Bottom line if they do not make such an addon etc it would be such a shame to waste such cool characters / spells / environment etc.

Just a gob of my brains thoughts…

April 22, 2009 7:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Single player, although has it use and for what it is is fun, is kind of a shame. If i remember correctly, they had plans for a single player tourney where there was a system where you could actually take away favor points to knock whoevers on top lower in to the totem pole.

I also wish the asention cut scene was a little, well, more.

June 29, 2009 9:57:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please make possible to re play tournament game when I loose. Now tournament advances to next game, but I want to re play defeated game until I win it.

June 29, 2009 1:21:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorry brad CS works and this hunk o shit doesnt. also u have to be kidding right when u made this post?!?! i mean there is NO differnce in the single player vs the online play, cept that the game crashs much less

June 29, 2009 1:28:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This post was made over a year ago. Im sure at the time something was planned but other things took priority.

June 29, 2009 1:29:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm. OP from 2008 x)

June 29, 2009 4:44:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was very surprised to pick up Judge Dredd last month and read that one of the upper-class residential blocks is called "Peter Molyneux Ivory Tower".

I'm sure there definately was something to the single-player this time last year. I'm actually very glad Sins of a Solar Empire didn't have a campaign, especially after the terribad that was Supreme Commander's later campaigns where you had basically 10 minutes to do some specific task without the scale of it being revealed until the last 2 minutes. I never had the patience to complete any of them.

Seeing as Demigod doesn't rely on such heavy management, a proper campaign couldn't hurt if it ever comes. Frogboy couldn't possibly have meant this 'tournament' was the special something.

June 29, 2009 6:43:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh man ... I read over a page of this before realizing that Frogboy started the thread in 2008.  I was really getting excited about all the talk about a new focus on single-player gameplay.  It's a shame really, since I would love for Demigod to be reinvented with a serious single-player component.

June 29, 2009 6:50:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Such a lie this post was.

June 29, 2009 7:58:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't call it a lie, so much as an intended feature which was removed.

Once modding gets underway, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw fans add in some kind of extended single player package.

July 5, 2009 1:42:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some new maps should be made for 1 on 1 play. Then, every final single-player tournament battle should consist of the two top-ranked Demigods, mano-a-mano. Much more climactic, quite sensible.

Singleplayer should be enhanced/boosted/added to in some substantial manner, in DLC updates.

July 6, 2009 4:08:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,
Oh man ... I read over a page of this before realizing that Frogboy started the thread in 2008.  I was really getting excited about all the talk about a new focus on single-player gameplay.  It's a shame really, since I would love for Demigod to be reinvented with a serious single-player component.

LOL same for me. I for one am someone who plays pretty much SP only, and though I'm having loads of fun with just skirmish, some more SP possibilities would be awesome. I do NOT like the idea of being able to go over level 20 with extra spells, etc, etc. It would need loads of time to develop and the forum will be full of ppl that want to use those spells in MP too, effectively making it an addon with balance issues, because it's not made for MP.

I kinda like the idea of persistant updates. The short games in tournament mode can be quite fun, but it oftentimes makes me feel like I leveled up for nothing. Would be cool to scale down the gold income a bit but make citadel upgrades persistent (could increase cost too if needed for balance). That way you have the choice to 1) Buy uberweapon to survive match/pwn the map or 2) buy a citadel upgrade which will also help you in the next maps. The clue is ofcourse that you cannot do both at the same time, so you have to make a strategic choice each map.

October 18, 2009 6:32:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,
Some new maps should be made for 1 on 1 play. Then, every final single-player tournament battle should consist of the two top-ranked Demigods, mano-a-mano. Much more climactic, quite sensible.

Singleplayer should be enhanced/boosted/added to in some substantial manner, in DLC updates.

New maps in general would be a great idea. I don't think DLC would ba good way to call it that. DLC usually implies some sort of add-on you have to manually download or something that is paid for via the Xbox Marketplace thanks to companies nickle and diming their customers. I'd prefer any updates came in the form of patches.

And new maps would be awesome on every type of play. My sister, and I have a hard time choosing some because we've played all of them so many times whereas with a game like Sins of a Solar Empire, we've hardly played anything.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time: